Turn on thread page Beta

A Level Choices...Please help watch

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, Biology, English, Politics.
    Politics isnt considered a monkey subject at all, In fact universities really like it because it shows you are well rounded and interested in currect affairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

Which four would be good A Levels to do?

English
    History
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Politics
    Economics
    Spanish

Would politics & economics be taken seriously or classed as doss subjects?

I would like to keep my options open, but have some idea of medicine/law...

i'm hopin 2 start a law degree this sept and ave many friends who wana do medicine. from wot ive gathered, for med u need chem and bio (AS lev bio is minimum n chem must b to A lev). For law however, they dont care wot subject u do as long as they are "academic" subjects. I'd suggest an essay subject and do a language (even if its only to AS) as it means that u culd possibly to a joint law degree (eg english and french law) n u keep ur options open. Hope thatz helpful!! i personally ave dun chem, maths n history n for AS i did English. Good luk!! o by the way both law n med have entrance tests (the law one starts for next yrs entry called LNAT & the med one's the BMAT)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

Which four would be good A Levels to do?

English
    History
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Politics
    Economics
    Spanish

Would politics & economics be taken seriously or classed as doss subjects?

I would like to keep my options open, but have some idea of medicine/law...
    Chemistry and Biology (needed for medicine)

English and History (Good for law)

You must have Chemistry and biology to do medicine. The third subject doesn't matter so much.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.