Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone the graphics exam is soon approaching and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for section A of the test or has started any research. I believe that if we share ideas it would make it a whole lot easier for us to pass the exam. So the theme for section A this year is encouraging children to grow their own food.

These are some ideas which come to mind:

A poster/ leaflet which is bold and will attract kids so we will be focusing on lettering and logo.

An allotment design but to a smaller scale- thinking about which fruits and veg could be grown etc

Seed packing so lettering/ colours etc

A gardening kit so will need to think of materials, net shape etc

garden pot design

So yh any more thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    I did graphics last year and from what I can remember Section A from 2 years ago was leaflets for fire safety so I doubt you'll get leaflets. You could be onto something with the gardening kit though as that was the first thing that came to mind for me

Last year I got an A* so if you need any help done be afraid to ask 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    I did graphics last year and from what I can remember Section A from 2 years ago was leaflets for fire safety so I doubt you'll get leaflets. You could be onto something with the gardening kit though as that was the first thing that came to mind for me

Thanks for the offer, one question which section did u find harder A or B and what are some tips for revising theory (did u revise everything they could ask you)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    Thanks for the offer, one question which section did u find harder A or B and what are some tips for revising theory (did u revise everything they could ask you)
    Section B as the one thing my teacher said wouldnt come up (printing techniques) did!! So I struggled on that question. Thoroughly revise the designers minus Jock Kinnear and Margret Calvert (as that was last year)... My bet is that you'll get Alessi. The best thing is to do the Section B parts on past papers for the past 3 years and see what came up.. As its not too likely to come up again so quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Section B as the one thing my teacher said wouldnt come up (printing techniques) did!! So I struggled on that question. Thoroughly revise the designers minus Jock Kinnear and Margret Calvert (as that was last year)... My bet is that you'll get Alessi. The best thing is to do the Section B parts on past papers for the past 3 years and see what came up.. As its not too likely to come up again so quickly!
    Yh same I was thinking Alessi but yh thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:

Hi, I'm aiming for an A* tomorrow, in the exam. What are the best ways to revise? and do you know what mark you got? thanks

ReputationRep:
    tips for revision would be great!!

ReputationRep:
    Just make flash cards watch videos etc on like blow moulding etc have a book or use bbc bite size

ReputationRep:
    big news! our exam is today, and apparently, it is likely we will be predicted to design a standee to encourage children to grow vegetables and fruit.. heres a link

http://even.exactservices.pk/images/...n__standee.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I have got my gcse mock exam for graphics and the exam is the 2016 and the theme is to encourage children to grow their own fruit and vegetables, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with what I need to revise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.