Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a orbital piercing done three months ago by a trainee (which I wasn't aware of until it was too late, the shop never told me, and nobody supervised her as the piercing as done) after the first two weeks of having it, a bump started to form next the the hole on the bottom piercing of the orbital (not a keloid or any other bump I could find on the internet) so my friend told me to use tea tree oil (diluted with water) to get it to go away, it it made it go down a lot, but never away, I did this for two weeks, and then the top hole got a bump, so I emailed the people who pierced it and they said that this sounded common and would go away, I then went to see a different piercer, and they said the trainee pierced it from an angle rather than going in straight, which was agitating the way the piercing sat (I originally had hoops in when it was first done.) and he said to help the piercing he would put curved bars in the adjust for what the trainee had done, I also saw a doctor the same day and both the doctor and piercer said it wasnt infected (although the doctor gave me antibiotics for the swelling and to "tell anything that shouldn't be there to get out") so after two weeks on those and minimal change, I've tried to just get on with having a fat ear, but its bugs me and I want it to go away. I finished the antibiotics probably just over four weeks ago, and although the bumps have gone away, my ear is still fat and hot to touch, how ccan I make this go away? what is causing it? because I definately do not sleep on it.

ReputationRep:
    Use sea salt soaks once a day (warm water mixed with a tiny bit if regular sea salt), if it's hot it could be irritated or infected but usually infection shows as yellow or green discharge not white lymph or crusties which are normal. Cartilage piercings are very slow to heal anyway and often take up to a year to fully heal, I've had a tragus piercing take six months to reduce the swelling and a conch swell up and down continuously for a few months after piercing.

I'm not sure but i thought they had to tell you and get consent before trainees pierced you and at a minimum be supervised

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkAcid)
    Use sea salt soaks once a day (warm water mixed with a tiny bit if regular sea salt), if it's hot it could be irritated or infected but usually infection shows as yellow or green discharge not white lymph or crusties which are normal. Cartilage piercings are very slow to heal anyway and often take up to a year to fully heal, I've had a tragus piercing take six months to reduce the swelling and a conch swell up and down continuously for a few months after piercing.

I'm not sure but i thought they had to tell you and get consent before trainees pierced you and at a minimum be supervised

I did the sea salt soaks, they just seemed to irritate my piercing more once I stopped them and did the tea tree soaks, it seemed a lot happier. So do you think the swelling will go away? Its causing me to stress about it quite a bit because I'm worried about it. Also I genuinely wasn't told she was a trainee, I figured it out myself: she said while she was marking up my ears that she wanted a second opinion, and I thought fair enough, but it made me suspicious, so when she was doing my ears I asked how long she had worked at the shop and she said six months, then I asked how long she'd been piercing/tattooing and she said she only pierces and that she'd been doing it for six months, the shop were doing a special the month before my piercing where if the trainee did the piercing then it was £5pp, but that didnt apply to the one I wanted to get, and I did not want a trainee to do it, so I waited. When I went to see this other piercer he said he had had loads of people from that shop coming to him with funny piercings within the past few months.

ReputationRep:
    She could have finished her training and be fully qualified now so no longer a trainee but i don't know how long piercing Apprenticeships last so i couldn't tell you. The swellings pretty normal as long as it's not excessive it'll settle down soon, as the other piercer replaced the jewellery in a still healing piercing it sounds like it's just set your healing back a bit (not his fault ofc). As a side note are you allergic to anything? And do you know what the new jewellery is made of? Titanium would be best for people sensitive to metals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkAcid)
    She could have finished her training and be fully qualified now so no longer a trainee but i don't know how long piercing Apprenticeships last so i couldn't tell you. The swellings pretty normal as long as it's not excessive it'll settle down soon, as the other piercer replaced the jewellery in a still healing piercing it sounds like it's just set your healing back a bit (not his fault ofc). As a side note are you allergic to anything? And do you know what the new jewellery is made of? Titanium would be best for people sensitive to metals

Possibly, I did consider that, but she seemed quite unsure of herself :/ which is unfortunate. And I'm not allergic to anything that I'm aware of, he said he put the best type of jewellery in for a new piercing, but said the material of the original hoops could have been causing the irritation, but he couldn't tell just from looking at it. I'm just worried that time will go by and the swelling won't recede

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.