Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My Abertay application is causing me quite bit of stress and since I've not heard back from admissions, I thought I'd turn here for help.

So my top choice out of all my uni choices is Abertay where I would like to study Computer Arts. I applied in the first week of January with a group of people from my current course (HND Computer Arts). I passed the first stage of being a possible applicant and was then asked to sumbit a portfolio. I sent away my portfolio (with some problems) and heard back mid February that they had received my application and it was being forwarded for evaluation. Over a month later I have not heard anything. All of my fellow students who had sent away a portfolio (even those much later than me) heard back in a week or so. These people heard back in February and it's almost April and I'm still waiting?

Basically, what I'm asking is if I should be worried that it's been almost 3 months since I applied? Is there any reason for this or am I just being paraniod?

Edit: Abertay finally got back to me. It took a while but I'm just glad that I've heard back. It must be completely random the order the deal with students as I heard back months after people who applied later than me. Hopefully this thread can help others who are worried too!

ReputationRep:
    No idea why. Maybe you could ask directly to them (well, perhaps do not be too blunt) by phone. I am not the best person for advice in the matter, but someone here is receiving his offer in this period...

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I got my unconditional offer barely a week ago and I applied and sent my portfolio back in ... November 26th I think?? so dont worry. of all the five options Abertay was really slow in comparison. I believe its quite random. Nice to meet future classmates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sravd)
    Hi! I got my unconditional offer barely a week ago and I applied and sent my portfolio back in ... November 26th I think?? so dont worry. of all the five options Abertay was really slow in comparison. I believe its quite random. Nice to meet future classmates!
    That's a relief to hear. Well done on getting in! I'm really hoping that I'll hear back soon. I just want to know at this point. The wait is killing me. Nice to meet you!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, I got an unconditional a few weeks ago and its my top choice!! Now to find somewhere to live and I'm sorted.

What year you going in to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIRFBORT)
    Congrats, I got an unconditional a few weeks ago and its my top choice!! Now to find somewhere to live and I'm sorted.

What year you going in to?
    Congrats to you too and thank you! I actually havent firmed it yet, but its on my top choices! Have you thought where to stay? I like Parker house, in case I choose Abertay of course. I was tood i could start in 2nd year because of a Spanish HND in 3D and games but i rather get the full experience so I will be in 1st! what about you guys? are you all from Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sravd)
    Congrats to you too and thank you! I actually havent firmed it yet, but its on my top choices! Have you thought where to stay? I like Parker house, in case I choose Abertay of course. I was tood i could start in 2nd year because of a Spanish HND in 3D and games but i rather get the full experience so I will be in 1st! what about you guys? are you all from Scotland?
    I'm not planning on staying in halls, somewhere within walking distance though. I already have a HND in a similar subject so i get to skip ahead, I don't think I could handle all four years haha. And yeah, from Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulation on getting the unconditional! I've got a conditional for second year so I've still got to pass the rest of my HND before I get in. Not sure I could handle all four years too. I'll be staying in student accommodation but I'm not sure if I'll go for the halls or somewhere else nearby. Yeah, I'm from Scotland too.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.