Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I what you call conservative or moderate? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm against abortion after the first trimester. But before I think is a personal choice. As far as same sex marriage I don't think it really should have that label I prefer civil unions. I am for planned parenthood being funded because I feel like it also provides a lot more services than abortion and the planned parenthood I've lived near never do abortion they direct people where to get one but don't do them themselves. I believe in religious liberties end of story. I am pro death penalty pro assisted suicide for terminally ill but as long as they personally consent.

I am for lower taxes and small government I don't really care about global warming and believe it's natural. I think welfare should be abolished and that there should be no governments subsidies I don't even agree with disability or social security. Too many people the government takes care of because they messed up. I think people need to be accountable for their actions. I am against raising the minimum wage. I also really dislike unions.

I'm also proguns. I am against legalizing drugs that includes maurijuana. I think drugs offenses and many other offenses should have stiffer penalties than they have now I am for surveillance of muslims and against affirmative action of any kind. It's completely a racist practice. I'm also against the hearing for Obama's nominee. I am for deportation of illegal aliens. I don't think they should get any subsidies and I think their children should be deported as well and I think we should ban all muslim immigrants and immigrants from that area altogether.

I am against obamacare Medicaid and medicare. I am against any superfluous program the government pays for.

Overall I think I'm a moderate. But I am definitely voting and have republican. So what would you say am I conservative or moderate what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    oh and I think that the Syrian refugees should not be allowed in our country. I think as far as foreign policy I think we get involved way too much and that it's likely not what this country's foundation is made on.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely leaning more towards Conservative regarding American politics, and falling off the right if it were British.

ReputationRep:
    There are moderates in America? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    America - Right wing
    UK - Far right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    There are moderates in America? :confused:
    most americans are moderate I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dkj504)
    You're definitely leaning more towards Conservative regarding American politics, and falling off the right if it were British.
    really then in Britain what are the people left of me called?

ReputationRep:
    Out of the candidates currently on the gop side I like Donald trump the most Kasich I like on the economy but don't like him for much else and cruz I just generally don't like that much. He's too conservative to me he seems fake and he's not really at the same time interested in the conservative issues he claims to believe in. So I can't support him. I voted for Donald Trump in the primaries and I'd vote for him or even Kasich over Hillary Clinton. I would even vote for cruz over Hillary Clinton because of the judges and it's an important year.

ReputationRep:
    You are right-wing in the United States. I think you would be better off asking someone on an American forum.

You are extremely conservative in British politics. So conservative that the UK can't cater for your views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justacollegekid)
    most americans are moderate I believe.
    Most Americans sound extremely right wing to me. How can Trump be so popular there if they are moderates?

ReputationRep:
    Out of the candidates currently on the gop side I like Donald trump the most Kasich I like on the economy but don't like him for much else and cruz I just generally don't like that much. He's too conservative to me he seems fake and he's not really at the same time interested in the conservative issues he claims to believe in. So I can't support him. I voted for Donald Trump in the primaries and I'd vote for him or even Kasich over Hillary Clinton. I would even vote for cruz over Hillary Clinton because of the judges and it's an important year.
    So you like Trump but Cruz is too conservative for you? Right....

ReputationRep:
    Liberal

really then in Britain what are the people left of me called?

Liberal.

Why do you believe in the death penalty? And why are you pro guns?

ReputationRep:
    . X.
    Same on abortion.
    Same on same sex marriage.
    (I need to research On planned parenthood dk what it is)
    Same on death penalty.
    No for assisted suicide

I am for lowering taxes on middle classes.
    We differ in that I care about global warming.
    I am very FOR legalising marijuana.
    I am for deporting illegals too.
    I don't care about legal immigrants cause they're legal so it's fine.
    Obviously I disagree with your view on Muslims.

You're not moderate imo.

If I was American I would vote Bernie sanders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pushtaki)
    So you like Trump but Cruz is too conservative for you? Right....
    yeah ted cruz tries to appeal to the conservative base trump gets the conservative base but he appeals to those in the middle. He's less loud about his stances on like abortion or marriage and more focused on the economic side. Which is why I appreciate him. He does get the conservative vote many of the time but ted cruz's platform is to cater to the conservatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Liberal

Liberal.

Why do you believe in the death penalty? And why are you pro guns?
    I think if you murder it's the best punishment we can give them. And also I think it cost way too much tohave subsidized housing for them (the prisons) subsidized food and subsidized living every cost of living while they're in prison for life cost us taxpayers who didn't do the crime. I think the criminals should pay for their crimes not us. Therefore putting many of them to sleep would help this cost as we wouldn't have to provide for them anymore than maybe a casket I'd think that should be the family's costs.

And I'm pro guns because I think things like the attacks in paris wouldn't have happened as the crowd would be armed as well. And also outlawing guns here is insanely stupid because criminals get their guns from mexico anyhow. We're just disarming victims who want a shot at protecting themselves.

You think I'm liberal? Though. I've always thought socially not sure I'm pretty wayward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    Most Americans sound extremely right wing to me. How can Trump be so popular there if they are moderates?
    Donald trump is a moderate conservative not moderate like straight in the middle but he's not a strict conservative like ted cruz poses himself to be.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you murder it's the best punishment we can give them. And also I think it cost way too much tohave subsidized housing for them (the prisons) subsidized food and subsidized living every cost of living while they're in prison for life cost us taxpayers who didn't do the crime. I think the criminals should pay for their crimes not us. Therefore putting many of them to sleep would help this cost as we wouldn't have to provide for them anymore than maybe a casket I'd think that should be the family's costs.

And I'm pro guns because I think things like the attacks in paris wouldn't have happened as the crowd would be armed as well. And also outlawing guns here is insanely stupid because criminals get their guns from mexico anyhow. We're just disarming victims who want a shot at protecting themselves.

You think I'm liberal? Though. I've always thought socially not sure I'm pretty wayward.
    I think you're right of liberal and left of your conservatism in this country is liberal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.