Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Annoyed, Stressed, and Slightly Upset, so I'm ranting watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Recently I've not really talked to my friends as much as I used to, and to be honest, I've become a "loner", I do have "friends" but they don't understand me like they understand each other. In every friend circumstance I am ALWAYS the third wheel. I'm always being forgotten by. I'm ALWAYS the one that has to sit on the spare desk, walk behind everyone else on the pavement, sit on the other seat on the bus because all my friends have sat together and there's no room for me. Recently I've realised that the big image is that there's no room for me. I could go on for hours on how many things I am the third wheel in, to name a few:
    Friends
    Brass Band
    Jazz Band
    All of my classes

I can tell that the people who I care for don't care for me in the same way, and I feel like a burden and extra weight that should be chucked off the ship. I'm not depressed or anything like that, but I am utterly fed up.

Now it's impacting on my social life too, as prom is coming up, and I really wanted to go, but I have no friends to go with. For the prom meal you have to sit in tables of 9. Who I thought was my closest friend didn't tell me she was going with my other friends, one of which is very close to me, and probably had a massive input on who was sitting with them. And my other 2 friends really good friends are closer to each other than they are to me, and they have other friends, so I know it's only a matter of time before I'll be left on my own. I don't want to not go to prom because of this. But seeing as I have to find people who tolerate me to sit with, and most tables are full now, I'm starting to lose hope and patience.

Sorry you have to listen to me rant on and on.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by 11easkry)
    Hi all,

Recently I've not really talked to my friends as much as I used to, and to be honest, I've become a "loner", I do have "friends" but they don't understand me like they understand each other. In every friend circumstance I am ALWAYS the third wheel. I'm always being forgotten by. I'm ALWAYS the one that has to sit on the spare desk, walk behind everyone else on the pavement, sit on the other seat on the bus because all my friends have sat together and there's no room for me. Recently I've realised that the big image is that there's no room for me. I could go on for hours on how many things I am the third wheel in, to name a few:
    Friends
    Brass Band
    Jazz Band
    All of my classes

I can tell that the people who I care for don't care for me in the same way, and I feel like a burden and extra weight that should be chucked off the ship. I'm not depressed or anything like that, but I am utterly fed up.

Now it's impacting on my social life too, as prom is coming up, and I really wanted to go, but I have no friends to go with. For the prom meal you have to sit in tables of 9. Who I thought was my closest friend didn't tell me she was going with my other friends, one of which is very close to me, and probably had a massive input on who was sitting with them. And my other 2 friends really good friends are closer to each other than they are to me, and they have other friends, so I know it's only a matter of time before I'll be left on my own. I don't want to not go to prom because of this. But seeing as I have to find people who tolerate me to sit with, and most tables are full now, I'm starting to lose hope and patience.

Sorry you have to listen to me rant on and on.
    Don't let those crappy excuses for friends ruin prom for you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.