The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haha, I'm Glaswegian and do kind of do this to my friends but I don't think it's a Scottish thing particularly, depends on their sense of humour
I think this is everyone ever, not just a Scottish phenomenon.
Reply 3
wtf really? That's weird..
Original post by Ethereal World
I think this is everyone ever, not just a Scottish phenomenon.

I am a Scottish Phenomenon :u:
Original post by Blondie987
I am a Scottish Phenomenon :u:

OMG dead. Love you blondie xxxx
I am Glaswegian, and yes that is true but I don't think it is unique to Scotland. I think it is just British humour in general
Reply 7
No, that isn't.

But the voracious sexual appetite and cannibalism stuff is true. :wink:
Its not just scottish I swear, I think some other girls do it as well I guess its a weird way to flirt and see your reaction/if you can keep your cool, kind of like a playful remark I guess:tongue:
Haha, I'm Glaswegian and do kind of do this to my friends but I don't think it's a Scottish thing particularly, depends on their sense of humour

I heard it was from my friends and also on Buzzfeed lol :colondollar:

@Ethereal World not in some cultures, even Southern USA (where I was raised)

@evalilyXOX ya I thought it was just a British thing too, the Scottish people I know do swear etc. more tho :lol: I heard Glaswegians prided themselves on being rude (no offence.. my friend is from Glasgow and she said it :colondollar:)

@Rachaiec yeah my friend's brother is OTT. I dont speak to him tbh :lol:
Original post by stefano865
No, that isn't.

But the voracious sexual appetite and cannibalism stuff is true. :wink:

:hubba:

ForestShadow
I think some other girls do it as well

most of my Scottish friends are guys for some reason :colondollar: the girls are politer
Original post by MACmakeupgirl
I heard it was from my friends and also on Buzzfeed lol :colondollar:

@Ethereal World not in some cultures, even Southern USA (where I was raised)

@evalilyXOX ya I thought it was just a British thing too, the Scottish people I know do swear etc. more tho :lol: I heard Glaswegians prided themselves on being rude (no offence.. my friend is from Glasgow and she said it :colondollar:)

@Rachaiec yeah my friend's brother is OTT. I dont speak to him tbh :lol:

I think rude might be the wrong word lol, but they can be a bit blunt and are not afraid of sticking up for themselves, lovely people over all though
I thought the same thing, our self deprecating humour :smile: However my Scottish friends (guys especially) are fairly insistent its a Scottish phenomenon as Blondie put it. Maybe its showing off :lol:
Reply 13
In Ireland we insult our friends. :h:

Haha the Scots are known to swear quite a lot (exemplified through Billy Connolly) so you are right there ! :biggrin::biggrin:
I think rude might be the wrong word lol, but they can be a bit blunt and are not afraid of sticking up for themselves, lovely people over all though

Yeah Im blunt too but some acquaintances from there seem to enjoy it on purpose, Im sure they're lovely people tho :tongue:

I love the city Glasgow actually, great clubs :banana:
Original post by Airmed
In Ireland we insult our friends. :h:

:lol: (RIP btw)

[video="youtube;tNY376o2XMY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNY376o2XMY[/video]

evalilyXOX
Haha the Scots are known to swear quite a lot (exemplified through Billy Connolly) so you are right there !

I thought my family swore a lot till I met my Scottish friends! :biggrin:

Do you tone it down at work or around boyfriends/gfs lol?
Reply 17
:lol: (RIP btw)

[video="youtube;tNY376o2XMY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNY376o2XMY[/video]

Father Jack. :cry2:
Original post by Airmed
Father Jack. :cry2:

Legend :frown: :cheers:

Hahah yeah thats true ! :biggrin::tongue:

Well my friends are the same so around company then no not really lol.

But obviously at uni in front of professors or at work etc then I am really professional hehe