ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Did anyone get +13 YED for 2013? I have never seen such a high number W T F
    I didn't get that no

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I don't the exam was too difficult really,

Just for that last question I ended up writing like 7 pages

I did the definitions as per norm, then I did the negative externalities diagram but could you have done the supply shifting inwards ?

Anyway for the pros and cons I got ...

pros....

- increased government revenue which can be spent on positive externalities

- firms are profit maximisers so they will want to control costs and as the permit is a cost of pollution they will reduce it

cons

- level of judgment

- Firms that have more cash and higher profits can spend their way out of it

then for conclusion I simply just did the explanation of combing tax and reg ?

Plus for that HARD question about income elasticity where you had to comment on the significance

I did an explanation of how it changed over time .... but talked about income and demand relationship...

How many marks did I lose ~/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Unless they are talking about Free Market Mechanism which is the definition I used
    i think thats the same thing! i did that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieem28)
    How can you guess grade boundaries this early? And that seems incredibly low!
    The grade boundary in june 2014 was 42 and the general consensus is that this was harder so, yes, it could be that low.

ReputationRep:
    Can you please give me access to it? I think I did quite well. So I can help create the mark scheme

(Original post by 260498)
    Mine won't let me open it on my phone so as soon as I get home I'll add to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How can you guess grade boundaries this early? And that seems incredibly low!
    Not really. In 2014 year boundary was 43/60 for an A, and it's was about the same level of hardness as that paper, if not more so. There generally tends to be 5 marks between grades usually, so it's not far off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate but q8 is wrongly phrased and answer to your question is different from the one that came up in the exam. It should be: Using PPF show how world market will change due to depletion of non-renewable resources like- fuel, gas

(Original post by roger2636273)
    q1: define market mechanism.
    q2: What happens in the a market when there is excess supply.
    q3: Using a demand and supply diagram, explain the effect of a a indirect tax.
    q4: What is the equation for YED.
    q5: Calculate YED in 2011.
    q6: comment on the relative significance of income and price in determining quantity demanded.
    q7: Explain what PPC shows.
    q8: Show how the use of unrenewable fuels within the economy effects the PPC curve.
    q9: What is meant by a negative externality.
    q10: explain 2 negative externalities arising from consumption of domestic fuels.
    q11: Comment the extent to which information failure causes the market failure.
    q12: Discuss whether the use of pollution permits such as the cap and trade will be an effective solution to the negative externalities that arise.

Not exact!!
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    YES

ReputationRep:
    OCR have screwed us over:
    The elasticity comment was ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelion786)
    YES
    Why the hell would fuel be +13, I don't understand....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pranto96)
    Can you please give me access to it? I think I did quite well. So I can help create the mark scheme
    I'll have to add you. Can you please provide your email to me? PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    I got something like that, but I thought it was really weird because the values I calculated were going between 0.2-13 or something wacky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get that no
    i got that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 260498)
    I shifted both😥😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    This paper contained questions never examined before, they purposely screwed us because they know we are A2 students

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone struggle with the question about the relevance of the price for domestic fuels, income and demand?? so difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will123321)
    what did people put for the comments on question 6?
    data are estimates, unreliable, change over time?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will123321)
    what did people put for the comments on question 6?
    That they may be useless because if the price of the permit is too high they producers are better off paying the fine. So it is difficult to determine an appropriate price

ReputationRep:
    Ha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.