Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had feedback from their teachers suggesting what they see grade boundaries being for F581?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P Conomics)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/knd2slzz5x...0F582.pdf?dl=0

I highly doubt you'll need to label a diagram of the circular flow in the exam, since I don't believe I've ever seen them ask a question like that. However, you'll need to know what it is and be able to explain it (i.e. definition, injections and leakages/withdrawals, multiplier effect due to the marginal propensity to consume etc.).

Income isn't a leakage... the one you're missing is imports (M).

They aren't in the OCR textbook, which means that they're probably unlikely to come up as the same people who write the exam write the textbook.
    Yeah I meant imports haha, brain dead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's 100% impossible to predict F582. Hardly anything ever repeats.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the essay? or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Just do last exam questions, all the papers are very similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbella~)
    I'm in hospital at the moment, should be home tomorrow so I'll send it then
    Would you mind sending me last years F584?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N1shu)
    Would you mind sending me last years F584?
    I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how special consideration works for the OCR exams? I've been really ill recently, and I know I won't be doing well in the exam tomorrow, so was just wondering if anyone who has special consideration knows anything about it, or anyone else for that matter? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty260)
    Any predictions for the essay? or anything?
    G economics has said either monetary policy or exchange rate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F_ZTsQVgnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhrrhEQT6Y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverHorsey)
    Anyone know how special consideration works for the OCR exams? I've been really ill recently, and I know I won't be doing well in the exam tomorrow, so was just wondering if anyone who has special consideration knows anything about it, or anyone else for that matter? Thanks
    I don't think they care at all sadly

ReputationRep:
    We are going to get a hard 18 marker, they said in the last examiners reports that most students found it accessible. Prepare for something complex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    I don't think they care at all sadly
    oh

ReputationRep:
    ive heard it could be protectionism i mean its never come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man i)
    ive heard it could be protectionism i mean its never come up
    Maybe something like 'Discuss the effectiveness of Protectionist measures in achieving economic growth' though it may be too F585 ish...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Maybe something like 'Discuss the effectiveness of Protectionist measures in achieving economic growth' though it may be too F585 ish...
    tbf we could start making a few plans for it if you want we've got a few going hours

ReputationRep:
    Protectionism is A2, they can't put that on an AS paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihaf)
    what is income redistribution and economic stability definitions?
    Actually, having checked the specification, I take back what I said about not needing to learn them. Although they aren't definitions per se in the textbook, using the textbook content provided on the two topics, the definitions would probably be as follows:
    Income redistribution: Transferring some income from the rich to the poor in order to ensure everyone has access to basic necessities and/or to correct what is seen as an inequitable distribution of income.
    Economic stability: An objective of government economic policy which consists of avoiding significant fluctuations in the economy, reducing periods of 'boom and bust'.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone quickly tell me the positives and negatives of the LFS and Claimant count as a measure of unemployment?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what supply side policies are?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Can someone quickly tell me the positives and negatives of the LFS and Claimant count as a measure of unemployment?
    CC
    + easy to obtain, just no. of people claming Jsa
    + updated monthly so its current
    - can be manipulated by the govt. E.g. increase sch leaving age to 19 to look like unemp is falling
    - excludes those looking for work but cannot claim jsa

LFS
    + Thought to be more accurate
    + Internationally agreed measure
    - The sample may be unrepresentitive to the population
    - Expensive to collect data
    - Less up to date

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.