Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenro)
    I'm not sure anyone can say for certain but it depends how you referenced the growth leading to increased growth as the question specifically asked for other macro-economic objectives
    i see what you mean. i said how growth arising from AS increasing can lead to more growth because it means cost push inflation falls, therefore consumer expenditure increases, since prices are lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz100)
    I put that the yen was a weak currency in comparison to the dollar, however it was strengthening throughout those years. Meaning that their exports would become more expensive and imports would become cheaper... Blah blah blah. Would that be alright do you think?
    Yes, that's what they were after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Our tax revenue is used on things such as defence
    Elaborate please?

ReputationRep:
    for the output/government spending question, I referred to how gov spending possibly could reduce dependent on the original level of activity, for example, if the economy is operating at with a positive output gap and then output decreases to a point just below its ppc/ potential growth, government spending may decrease because there is no need for the government to try and boost AD through increasing G, and if the decrease in output occurred during a boom government spending may decrease because the government wouldn't be too concerned as they would usually decrease government spending during a boom phase of the cycle anyway, but obviously depends on the original level of output as if a large decline causes concern then government spending ould be increased.

How many marks would you reckon I get for this explained in a bit more detail?

ReputationRep:
    lower output higher unemployment higher welfare payments ?
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Lower output = lower tax receipts = lower government spending.

ReputationRep:
    Lool **** this ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfly)
    Elaborate please?
    Our tax that we pay goes towards things such as public services, defence, education etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelion786)
    Okay guys, as before I've made a Google Docs page for the Unofficial Mark-scheme. The link is below, please click on it and request access, and I will let you in. For now, please only request access to help remember the questions and collaborate, and the mark scheme will be published later in the day!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Unofficial mark scheme in case someone hasn't seen. ^

I don't agree with some of the answers though and dont want to log into google to edit the document.

-For the differences between Real GDP and GDP, I think it should instead be Real GDP is adjusted for inflation whereas GDP is not.

-For the question about how a fall in output would lead to lower governement spending: I think it should instead be that as output decreases, real GDP falls. Consequently AD must be falling. As AD falls, unemployment will rise (as seen on AD AS diagram). As unemployment rises, the governemnt will have less tax revenue so will be unable to finance spending, thus the government spending will fall.
    For the evaluation, I think the one on the document is better, but I said if they had been running a budget surplus in previous years, they will have enough money to be able to finance an increase in government spending. I also said that if the country otherwise finances its government spending through government borrowing, then changes in output will have no effect on their spending.

I also think that grade boundaries will be higher than last year or atleast the same as last year because all the people who did this exam are year 13's and are presumably more prepared than their year 12 selves were. Given that there are no stupid year 12's who didn't realise how hard A levels are doing this very exam to lower the grade boundaries , I can foresee this being up to 48 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Guys , I'm very worried , I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Can I see the official markscheme pls

ReputationRep:
    I said for the output question ways the government can increase output. Eg cutting corporation tax etc and then commented that g spending can create jobs. I also said that there will be a budget deficit because spending was exceeding tax revenue. Will I get 0 marks? Can someone reply please with there verdict

ReputationRep:
    Can someone possibly tell me why on earth the exchange rate of Japanese yen to the Dollar would be depreciating LOL

ReputationRep:
    So this exam went crap i started talking about fiscal policy

ReputationRep:
    Quick Questions

For the question about how a reduction in interests could reduce the current account surplus: I wrote that a decrease in ROI would lead to an outflow of hot money - would that reduce the current account surplus as it would decrease net investment (not too sure about this)?

Also, in the identify the supply side policy from the case study question - could you say that spending on healthcare is a supplyside policy as it leads to a healthier labour force - meaning they would be more productive and their quality of output would increase - which would increase AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deebaby)
    Can I see the official markscheme pls
    You wont be able to see the official mark scheme way after results day, plus OCR marks schemes are useless anyway

ReputationRep:
    For the disadvantages of the claimant count can you say some people may not declare themselves as employed/unemployed so the actual labour force is not known, because people don't want to have things like income tax etc??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakei1234)
    For the disadvantages of the claimant count can you say some people may not declare themselves as employed/unemployed so the actual labour force is not known, because people don't want to have things like income tax etc??
    There was no question on the claimant account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam97s)
    I said for the output question ways the government can increase output. Eg cutting corporation tax etc and then commented that g spending can create jobs. I also said that there will be a budget deficit because spending was exceeding tax revenue. Will I get 0 marks? Can someone reply please with there verdict
    If this was for that 6 marker then you should have stated why a fall in output is going to result in less government spending not what government can do to to increase output.

ReputationRep:
    This may sound kinda stupid, but I spoke about hot money on the question about decreasing interest rates and reducing a surplus on current a/c of BoP. But, I did then go on about how consumption would increase with a fall of IR and that may increase imports to lower the surplus. Then I spoke about how IR falling may increase investment to make goods more price and quality competitive to increase exports in the long run on the other side. How many marks do you think this sort of answer would get?

ReputationRep:
    For the first question i swear it was asking 2 reasons why income is unevenly distrubted in Japan, not two policies to correct it?
    I said 1. low tax rate for higher earners and less government benefits to the poor

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.