The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MJD15
What did you put for the disadvantages, depends on and judgement for an info provision?

yes along those lines, but i did try to elaborate as if producer provides info can be bias (gave a cheeky example of how mountain dew does this to some extent), however gov can do it, but the benefit of them doing it must be greater than cost otherwise gov. failure
oh also like u said depends on consumers educational ability of understanding

then i stated an alternative policy in the form of indirect taxes
Original post by Hammy_23
yes along those lines, but i did try to elaborate as if producer provides info can be bias (gave a cheeky example of how mountain dew does this to some extent), however gov can do it, but the benefit of them doing it must be greater than cost otherwise gov. failure
oh also like u said depends on consumers educational ability of understanding

then i stated an alternative policy in the form of indirect taxes

That sounds solid tbf...I mentioned how it solves overproduction and over consumption of demerit goods and then went on to say allocative effiency is achieved for L3. Any of you mention that?
Original post by setar01
That sounds solid tbf...I mentioned how it solves overproduction and over consumption of demerit goods and then went on to say allocative effiency is achieved for L3. Any of you mention that?

The allocative efficiency point is gooood
and yes i mentioned overconsumption, but i drew a welfare diagram (negative externality in consumption) to move closer to social optimum really wanted some diagrams

did you draw any diagrams??
Hi is there anyone who can mark an F582 essay for me! Would be much appreciated, doing the module myself and do not have any teachers to mark it for me!
The allocative efficiency point is gooood
and yes i mentioned overconsumption, but i drew a welfare diagram (negative externality in consumption) to move closer to social optimum really wanted some diagrams

did you draw any diagrams??

I completely forgot to draw a welfare diagram tbf which is kinda annoying because I wish I did. Yh that diagram would be the best one to use. I only used the shift in supply left which I'm scared might not be accepted now since you lot used shift in demand left.
But good luck to you man on results days!!!
Original post by setar01
I completely forgot to draw a welfare diagram tbf which is kinda annoying because I wish I did. Yh that diagram would be the best one to use. I only used the shift in supply left which I'm scared might not be accepted now since you lot used shift in demand left.

nah that is perfectly acceptable tbh i drew one with supply moving too to the left, however, i did it to show that for indriect taxes so yours should be okay nah?? and good luck mate
nah that is perfectly acceptable tbh i drew one with supply moving too to the left, however, i did it to show that for indriect taxes so yours should be okay nah?? and good luck mate

Yh hopefully then that should be calm and cheers man!!
Original post by setar01

Externality diagrams are not required for F581, there is no need to indicate any welfare loss. A demand/supply diagram will be sufficient.
Original post by hascho9
Hi is there anyone who can mark an F582 essay for me! Would be much appreciated, doing the module myself and do not have any teachers to mark it for me!

If you don't have any teacher to help you should try to get in touch with a tutor with experience with the specification. It is quite late so it might be tricky to get someone.
Original post by keynes24
If you don't have any teacher to help you should try to get in touch with a tutor with experience with the specification. It is quite late so it might be tricky to get someone.

In terms of knowledge im ok! my main issue is my essay technique which i wanted to get checked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending