Most difficult f581 eveR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Definitely but hopefully grade boundaries are low

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Answers i put!!
    q1: A market without intervention, i.e the price and output of a good will be determined by forces of demand and supply.
    q2: Illustrated excess supply with diagram, excess supply will lead to a fall in price and equilibrium will balance out at where demand = supply.
    q3: Shifted supply inwards - basic diagram analysis.
    q4: %change in q demanded/% change in income
    q5: = 4
    q6: HARD QUESTION! i calculated PED and YED for each timeframe. Then went on to say that income has the biggest effect on q demanded because price growth remained fairly stable throughout. L4 depends on other demand determinants and also elasticity of supply.
    q7: The Maximum quantities of different combinations of output of 2 products given current resources and technology.
    q8: Shifted the whole curve inwards. No labels just shifted the curve.
    q9: Social cost exceeds private costs.
    q10: Air pollution - respiratory problems NHS strain. AND global warming increased flooding.
    q11: Info failure causes overproduction etc. L4 (difficult) consumers and producers may not be well informed however choose to consume anyway due to cost advantages and necessity.

I'm pretty sure i did awful!! Hope this helps everyone.
    I too mentioned ehaust fumes in essay and neg ext question so bound to lose marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Will I get any marks for increasing capital goods which decrease consumer goods on the ppc. So a shift along the PPC Curve? I thought this was right?

ReputationRep:
    It was 100% a shift inwards of the PPF as that fuel is used to make both capital and consumer goods

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the exact definition of 'market mechanism'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCoolVille)
    Will I get any marks for increasing capital goods which decrease consumer goods on the ppc. So a shift along the PPC Curve? I thought this was right?
    That's what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roger2636273)
    This is annoying me too since it's not even specifically in the book! FFS OCR

ReputationRep:
    I write how a market uses demand and supply market forces to determine price and allocate resources.

ReputationRep:
    when shifting the ppc inwards, did you have to label anything or was it simply a shift of the curve.

ReputationRep:
    Unless they are talking about Free Market Mechanism which is the definition I used

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any ideas for grade boundaries for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    Answers i put!!
    q1: A market without intervention, i.e the price and output of a good will be determined by forces of demand and supply.
    q2: Illustrated excess supply with diagram, excess supply will lead to a fall in price and equilibrium will balance out at where demand = supply.
    q3: Shifted supply inwards - basic diagram analysis.
    q4: %change in q demanded/% change in income
    q5: = 4
    q6: HARD QUESTION! i calculated PED and YED for each timeframe. Then went on to say that income has the biggest effect on q demanded because price growth remained fairly stable throughout. L4 depends on other demand determinants and also elasticity of supply.
    q7: The Maximum quantities of different combinations of output of 2 products given current resources and technology.
    q8: Shifted the whole curve inwards. No labels just shifted the curve.
    q9: Social cost exceeds private costs.
    q10: Air pollution - respiratory problems NHS strain. AND global warming increased flooding.
    q11: Info failure causes overproduction etc. L4 (difficult) consumers and producers may not be well informed however choose to consume anyway due to cost advantages and necessity.

I'm pretty sure i did awful!! Hope this helps everyone.
    I too mentioned ehaust fumes in essay and neg ext question so bound to lose marks for that.
    Do you know the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCoolVille)
    Anyone have any ideas for grade boundaries for this paper?
    I reckon 42 for an A and 5 inbetween each barrier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Done this stupid exam 3 times now and it has gotten even more difficult each time.. this was by far the most difficult F581 paper

Some one mentioned that it is domestic fuel, so any one who spoke about cars say good bye to some marks, as i will.

The elasticity question was the hardest in F581 history, it was such a annoying questions.

ifs!

..guys can i get access to the spread sheet aswell pls.

ReputationRep:
    q1: 2 marks
    q2: 4 marks
    q3: 6 marks
    q4: 2 marks
    q5: 2 marks
    q6: 8 marks?
    q7:2 marks
    q8: 4 marks
    q9: 2 marks
    q10: 6 marks
    q11: 6 or 8 marks
    ESSAY : 18 marks

ReputationRep:
    How can you guess grade boundaries this early? And that seems incredibly low!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get +13 YED for 2013? I have never seen such a high number W T F

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 260498)
    I reckon 42 for an A and 5 inbetween each barrier

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont think it will be that low considering only A2 people doing this paper :'(

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.