Reply 160
Most difficult f581 eveR?
Reply 161
Original post by Pato1

Definitely but hopefully grade boundaries are low

Posted from TSR Mobile
Answers i put!!
q1: A market without intervention, i.e the price and output of a good will be determined by forces of demand and supply.
q2: Illustrated excess supply with diagram, excess supply will lead to a fall in price and equilibrium will balance out at where demand = supply.
q3: Shifted supply inwards - basic diagram analysis.
q4: %change in q demanded/% change in income
q5: = 4
q6: HARD QUESTION! i calculated PED and YED for each timeframe. Then went on to say that income has the biggest effect on q demanded because price growth remained fairly stable throughout. L4 depends on other demand determinants and also elasticity of supply.
q7: The Maximum quantities of different combinations of output of 2 products given current resources and technology.
q8: Shifted the whole curve inwards. No labels just shifted the curve.
q9: Social cost exceeds private costs.
q10: Air pollution - respiratory problems NHS strain. AND global warming increased flooding.
q11: Info failure causes overproduction etc. L4 (difficult) consumers and producers may not be well informed however choose to consume anyway due to cost advantages and necessity.

I'm pretty sure i did awful!! Hope this helps everyone.
I too mentioned ehaust fumes in essay and neg ext question so bound to lose marks for that.
Reply 163
Original post by Pato1

Yes. :frown:
Will I get any marks for increasing capital goods which decrease consumer goods on the ppc. So a shift along the PPC Curve? I thought this was right?
Reply 165
It was 100% a shift inwards of the PPF as that fuel is used to make both capital and consumer goods
Anyone know the exact definition of 'market mechanism'?
Original post by MrCoolVille
Will I get any marks for increasing capital goods which decrease consumer goods on the ppc. So a shift along the PPC Curve? I thought this was right?

That's what I did.
Reply 168
Original post by roger2636273

This is annoying me too since it's not even specifically in the book! FFS OCR

I write how a market uses demand and supply market forces to determine price and allocate resources.
when shifting the ppc inwards, did you have to label anything or was it simply a shift of the curve.
Reply 171
Unless they are talking about Free Market Mechanism which is the definition I used
Anyone have any ideas for grade boundaries for this paper?
Reply 173
Answers i put!!
q1: A market without intervention, i.e the price and output of a good will be determined by forces of demand and supply.
q2: Illustrated excess supply with diagram, excess supply will lead to a fall in price and equilibrium will balance out at where demand = supply.
q3: Shifted supply inwards - basic diagram analysis.
q4: %change in q demanded/% change in income
q5: = 4
q6: HARD QUESTION! i calculated PED and YED for each timeframe. Then went on to say that income has the biggest effect on q demanded because price growth remained fairly stable throughout. L4 depends on other demand determinants and also elasticity of supply.
q7: The Maximum quantities of different combinations of output of 2 products given current resources and technology.
q8: Shifted the whole curve inwards. No labels just shifted the curve.
q9: Social cost exceeds private costs.
q10: Air pollution - respiratory problems NHS strain. AND global warming increased flooding.
q11: Info failure causes overproduction etc. L4 (difficult) consumers and producers may not be well informed however choose to consume anyway due to cost advantages and necessity.

I'm pretty sure i did awful!! Hope this helps everyone.
I too mentioned ehaust fumes in essay and neg ext question so bound to lose marks for that.

Do you know the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Original post by MrCoolVille
Anyone have any ideas for grade boundaries for this paper?

I reckon 42 for an A and 5 inbetween each barrier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Done this stupid exam 3 times now and it has gotten even more difficult each time.. this was by far the most difficult F581 paper

Some one mentioned that it is domestic fuel, so any one who spoke about cars say good bye to some marks, as i will.

The elasticity question was the hardest in F581 history, it was such a annoying questions.

ifs!

..guys can i get access to the spread sheet aswell pls.
q1: 2 marks
q2: 4 marks
q3: 6 marks
q4: 2 marks
q5: 2 marks
q6: 8 marks?
q7:2 marks
q8: 4 marks
q9: 2 marks
q10: 6 marks
q11: 6 or 8 marks
ESSAY : 18 marks
How can you guess grade boundaries this early? And that seems incredibly low!
Reply 178
Did anyone get +13 YED for 2013? I have never seen such a high number W T F
Original post by 260498
I reckon 42 for an A and 5 inbetween each barrier

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think it will be that low considering only A2 people doing this paper :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending