Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be honest and say I think I'm depressed and or have anxiety.
    I feel numb or sad all the time, nothing makes me truly happy anymore. I worry the worst will happen all the time and I have no love or enthusiasm to do anything. I barely have an interest in food and I force myself to eat for my mums sake. My weight in the last 6 months has dropped around 2 and a half stone. I genuienly think if it werent for the fact I can't leave my mum I would probably ... or run away. It terrifies me,i just cant see it ever getting better. I cry all the time and I know my mum is worried.

I don't know how to breech to my mum that I need to go to the doctors. I think I know she she thinks I'm depressed but she doesn't want to say it . Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do is to find a suitable time to talk to your mum about this. Tell her about how you have been feeling and how its affecting your life and you in terms of your emotions and physical health. 9 out of 10 times, mums always know when something is not right so the reason she may not have said anything may be because she is waiting for you to approach her with your problem. I think the best way to deal with it is to tell her exactly how you have been feeling and then reassure her and tell her that you're going to take steps to deal with it for example going to the doctor to try and get treatment/ find out whats causing you to feel this way. I hope it helps, i know it will be difficult at first but after a while you will look back and see that a weight has been lifted off you. I wish you all the best.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    1. is there any reason you cnat go to your GP on your own? Do you know your local one?
    2. You cna ring childline
    Need to talk?
    Contact ChildLine anytime - calls are free and confidential

I get the feeling you are young.

3.Everything about seeing your GP is here. You cna go at any age and on your own if you dont wnat your mum to know.
    https://www.childline.org.uk/Play/Ge...ur-doctor.aspx

4. theres a bit about depression in young people here if you wnat to learn more
    http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_par...ild/depression
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-...sed-signs.aspx

If you cnat talk to your mum talk to childline and they will guide you in confidence.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.