Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So me and a close guy friend of mine had began talking this past summer. It was around August when he had mentioned he wanted a fwb type of relationship. I was a little hesitant at first, but being a teenage girl I figured why not? We were good friends and he had seemed to like me as a friend. We had hung out without hooking up and it was still fun. This past January we had stopped talking for a about a month. I tried asking what was wrong and why I was being ignored and no response. Then the first week of February he had drunk snap chatted me and we had talked things out on why we hadn't spoke to each other. He claimed it was a rough month, he was depressed, etc. (blah blah all bullsh*t I'm sure). I felt like he genuinely liked me as a friend. He sounded like he really cared about me and said he "hoped we could still be friends". I fell back into the trap of agreeing to friends with benefits and we had sent pictures to each other and I came close to going to his house during a week night to hook up. It never happened but we continued planning on it to happen. All the compliments and attention made me think he was really interested. Then all of a sudden, we stopped talking again. It's been almost 3 weeks and he hasn't made an effort at all. So I've been playing hard to get as well and have been ignoring him in school and all of that childish stuff. I unfollowed him on one app and deleted him off of snapchat. I do like talking to him, I don't think I like him more than a friend anymore. I think I did at one point, but now he hangs out with some new people and girls and I feel like he might have hooked up with one of them. I can't help but feel jealous, but also angry because what's the deal? What does he really want from me? Should I do anything? Or let him come crawling back again and ignore him this time? I hate not talking to him.

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing by not going for the FWB. It doesn't work. Girls fall in love and stuff. Just learn to be comfy on your own.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with FWB is when they don't have any money to go out, especially with the government cuts recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    The problem with FWB is when they don't have any money to go out, especially with the government cuts recently.
    You're doing Fwb wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.