The Student Room Group

Help Out of MONEY and in HUGE DEBT

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatone
Ok this is why Britain has an obesity problem

but thanks for telling me this since i didn't know wth was happening ^-^

Can I just point out that it's more of an American thing? Yes, we do have an obesity problem, though. But it's really well paid, if you don't mind weekly heart attacks!
Reply 61
Original post by Tinemither
Can I just point out that it's more of an American thing? Yes, we do have an obesity problem, though. But it's really well paid, if you don't mind weekly heart attacks!

but sugar tax............
but sugar tax............

Sugar tax? Pay for it in chocolate coins, but eat the chocolate before you pay for them. Job sorted :wink:
Reply 63
Sugar tax? Pay for it in chocolate coins, but eat the chocolate before you pay for them. Job sorted :wink:

yes this man has a plan
Original post by GettingitDone
If you're really fat you can do web camming, where guys pay you to eat food.

Just wondering how you came to know this fact... hmmm:closedeyes:
Original post by hideNfreak

I pay fat women to sit on me.
Original post by GettingitDone
I pay fat women to sit on me.

DAMMNNN... and you still okay :bricks: is this a wierd fetish or something:colonhash:
yes this man has a plan

And this lady has a dream. Go, my friend. You have my support (but not my money because I'm poor af).
Reply 68
And this lady has a dream. Go, my friend. You have my support (but not my money because I'm poor af).

lol i'm a guy xD but ok
lol i'm a guy xD but ok

Oh **** >.< Sorry. I thought you were a girl because dp xD Bad assumptions
Reply 70
Oh **** >.< Sorry. I thought you were a girl because dp xD Bad assumptions

dp?
dp?

Display picture
Original post by hideNfreak

I found out about the 'make me fat' campaigns through instagram. When looking through the most popular things, I found one particular post promoting gender equality and followed it. Upon looking further down, i found the joyous images of really big women, mainly, posting naked photos saying their start, current and goal weight, requesting money to help them grow (pun intended) and saying that they don't care for their appearance as everyone is beautiful and should be treated equally. Kinda sweet, though very interesting and peculiar as to why people campaign to become such sizes...
we're trying to sell our house and thinking of moving into one of the properties we own

Seriously - you and your brother are at boarding school and you have more than one house - so your family have plenty of assets to sell.

They need to go to CAB and get advice - sell houses and live within your means like the rest of us.
Reply 74
Original post by Muttley79
Seriously - you and your brother are at boarding school and you have more than one house - so your family have plenty of assets to sell.

They need to go to CAB and get advice - sell houses and live within your means like the rest of us.

well technically those are for clients who want to use those houses but if we sell those my dad doesn't know what to do for a job anymore also we still have a huge debt
well technically those are for clients who want to use those houses but if we sell those my dad doesn't know what to do for a job anymore also we still have a huge debt

Ideally you need to stay where you are to finish your A levels - what year are your sibling(s) in? I'd suggest they move to a good state school and save money.

Selling assets is the only way to reduce debt - your Dad will need to get a job, as will you during the holidays.
Reply 76
i.e. they might have to pull me out of boarding school next year.
All in all is there anything i can do to get some huge financial help without having to pay back a loan of some sort?

Firstly, as a schoolkid, you cannot take out any kind of legal loan. I'm sorry you feel so resposible for your father's actions and your family's welfare - that's unfair.

Secondly, don't panic about being taken out of your current school. An aunt and uncle of mine hit a financial crisis (of my uncle's making) just as my cousin was doing their GCSEs at a public school. He had to do A Levels at a local college but still ended up at UCL for his degree. You can't sort out your family's problems - at least, not as a teenager. However you can succeed whatever happens and you can make sure your life doesn't go down that road. I'm sure that with determination, you will be in a position to help your family in a few years' time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by Muttley79
Ideally you need to stay where you are to finish your A levels - what year are your sibling(s) in? I'd suggest they move to a good state school and save money.

Selling assets is the only way to reduce debt - your Dad will need to get a job, as will you during the holidays.

year 8 for my only brother
hmmm but what job will he get is the problem? he so lazy he probably won't bother to do anything >.>

Original post by Klix88
Firstly, as a schoolkid, you cannot take out any kind of legal loan. I'm sorry you feel so resposible for your father's actions and your family's welfare - that's unfair.

Secondly, don't panic about being taken out of your current school. An aunt and uncle of mine hit a financial crisis (of my uncle's making) just as my cousin was doing their GCSEs at a public school. He had to do A Levels at a local college but still ended up at UCL for his degree. You can't sort out your family's problems - at least, not as a teenager. However you can succeed whatever happens and you can make sure your life doesn't go down that road. I'm sure that with determination, you will be in a position to help your family in a few years' time.

pls ppl haven't i already expressed no loans bc more debt.
i was thinking that if i can finish my a levels try and get good grades then go to uni and support myself with student loans etc then try and get a good job.
first for me a rule is generally, always help yourself first then others, unless you want to help other first
Reply 78

i was thinking that if i can finish my a levels try and get good grades then go to uni and support myself with student loans etc then try and get a good job.
first for me a rule is generally, always help yourself first then others, unless you want to help other first and you are able to do so

I've added a critical point in bold.

I think over the course of this thread, you've answered your own question. There's no solution which you can provide for your family at the moment. You aren't currently in a position to take responsibility for your father, brother, mother, cousin or family finances.

Your plan sounds like the best you can do under the circumstances and I wish you good luck. It's unfair that you've been put in this position, but you can still achieve and eventually help.
Reply 79
Original post by Klix88
I've added a critical point in bold.

I think over the course of this thread, you've answered your own question. There's no solution which you can provide for your family at the moment. You aren't currently in a position to take responsibility for your father, brother, mother, cousin or family finances.

Your plan sounds like the best you can do under the circumstances and I wish you good luck. It's unfair that you've been put in this position, but you can still achieve and eventually help.

really?, there's currently no set solution which i have yet. i have provided a suggestion as to what i should do but i really 100% need to know that i can 100% get some help and it'll work and do something for the family.
not in a position at all but i really want a job even if it's a small one, i can't seem to get any sort of job where ever i apply and ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending