Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Ok no he's not sticking his head in the sand, he's ignorant, likes to spend, no regard for others, doesn't even love his wife anymore, also we as the rest of the family suspect he's cheating but yea he's a *****y person and i wish i never lived and i wish he never made any children.
    For such a *****y person he managed to get you and your siblings into decent boarding schools no matter what he has done he is still your dad, if you want to help why not go to a state school and finish your A-levels there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    For such a *****y person he managed to get you and your siblings into decent boarding schools no matter what he has done he is still your dad, if you want to help why not go to a state school and finish your A-levels there.
    if he was a better parent he wouldn't have cheated(we're about 90% sure we have evidence), he wouldn't have quit his job as a dental technician in China earning a decent amount, he wouldn't have moved over to the UK to change professions. He shouldn't have had a baby(me) while he was working with my mom in a takeaway here in the UK. He then had to change professions again to accommodate for his children.

Sorry but the only thing i'm see here is him making problem for himself. He had a sound job back in China but he didn't stay there. he wanted to move over to the UK to work here and change professions fine, but why have a child when you're working in a takeaway 24/7? it doesn't make any sense then, he decides to go and change profession again and from there things have only deteriorated.

ReputationRep:
    if he was a better parent he wouldn't have cheated(we're about 90% sure we have evidence), he wouldn't have quit his job as a dental technician in China earning a decent amount, he wouldn't have moved over to the UK to change professions. He shouldn't have had a baby(me) while he was working with my mom in a takeaway here in the UK. He then had to change professions again to accommodate for his children.

Sorry but the only thing i'm see here is him making problem for himself. He had a sound job back in China but he didn't stay there. he wanted to move over to the UK to work here and change professions fine, but why have a child when you're working in a takeaway 24/7? it doesn't make any sense then, he decides to go and change profession again and from there things have only deteriorated.
    You and your siblings should have went to state schools from the start. Yes he has his fault and many people work in takeaways and have children i mean how much does it cost for you and your siblings to go to boarding school? There must be plenty of other decent schools to go to.

ReputationRep:
    really?, there's currently no set solution which i have yet. i have provided a suggestion as to what i should do but i really 100% need to know that i can 100% get some help and it'll work and do something for the family.
    not in a position at all but i really want a job even if it's a small one, i can't seem to get any sort of job where ever i apply and ask
    Sadly there are no 100% certainties in life. I can't think of any help that you can get - I wish could. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    You and your siblings should have went to state schools from the start. Yes he has his fault and many people work in takeaways and have children i mean how much does it cost for you and your siblings to go to boarding school? There must be plenty of other decent schools to go to.
    we did initially but my dad "didn't like it" so he pulled us out and put us in private schools which costs again, then to boarding school which costs. £21450 in total for my brother and i. probably but we didn't know what school to go to and i thought i'll go along with whatever my dad said because at the time i though my parents knew best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Sadly there are no 100% certainties in life. I can't think of any help that you can get - I wish could. Sorry.
    so i found there's a few things like bursaries which i could get if i'm eligible for them so i'll have to check things out with the school

ReputationRep:
    By the way when i say he buys too much this is what i mean

everyone has told him not to buy ice cream an actimel because we can afford it. It's not cheap and we can just throw money around willy nilly. Also we have too much in the freezer aswell. As you can see the fridge is mainly full apart from that little middle section but why do we always need a full fridge at all times? Just another picture of more vegetables and fruit which is unnecessary since we have enough at home already. Basically our family could go off the stuff we had for about another week before really needing to shop. I see no point in buying all this stuff. Who's eating it all? certainly not me. It's always leftovers for breakfast which i don't want. I want to have something normal like cereal or something. He always cooks too much aswell which is part of the problem.

Anyway as you can all see he just buys too much. Just wanted to bring to your attention what i meant by pointless shopping and carelessly spends all the money we saved up by buying cheap stuff and getting only necessities.

Spoiler:
    Show
    x
    (Original post by hideNfreak)
    x
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    x
    (Original post by Klix88)
    x
    (Original post by Drax101)
    x
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    x
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    x
    (Original post by quasa)
    x
    (Original post by Vennec)
    x
    (Original post by Nettled)
    x
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    x.
    (Original post by Impressive)
    x
    (Original post by GettingitDone)
    x
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    x
    (Original post by Platopus)
    x
    (Original post by whorace)
    x
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Its security for him it lest him feel like hes providing whils ignoring all the other stuff. cant see the point in actimel.
    Good to know about bursaries but tbh I bet the school is well used to parents having business troubles. All you need is for them to let you finish.

ReputationRep:
    Its security for him it lest him feel like hes providing whils ignoring all the other stuff. cant see the point in actimel.
    Good to know about bursaries but tbh I bet the school is well used to parents having business troubles. All you need is for them to let you finish.
    providing? the only thing he's bloody providing us with is a great big hole of debt, no income and thoughtless buying.

dude actimel is useless i don't want it, yes it tastes good but it's too costly, why the fk would you get 2 more bottles of milk when we already have 3 at home? My dad know i don't even drink that much milk anymore and the cousin staying, yes she drinks a lot of milk like i used to but atm she's not even at home right now.

i'm so glad bursaries exist

he also got a £7.36 chicken >.>

ReputationRep:
    omg i swear the actimel is a standard Dad thing, my Dad doesn't even live with us full time but he buys like 6 crates all the time and they end up expiring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    omg i swear the actimel is a standard Dad thing, my Dad doesn't even live with us full time but he buys like 6 crates all the time and they end up expiring
    lol wtf my brother drinks it all then becomes a fat fk then my dad tells the rest of the family they get consumed so obviously someone likes them so he has to buy them.

*****y logic and *****y habits
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    providing? the only thing he's bloody providing us with is a great big hole of debt, no income and thoughtless buying.

dude actimel is useless i don't want it, yes it tastes good but it's too costly, why the fk would you get 2 more bottles of milk when we already have 3 at home? My dad know i don't even drink that much milk anymore and the cousin staying, yes she drinks a lot of milk like i used to but atm she's not even at home right now.

i'm so glad bursaries exist

he also got a £7.36 chicken >.>
    Hes deluded, its denial. cant he put your mum in charge of shopping?
    Oats makes a great incredibly cheap and nutritious breakfast and you have plenty of milk.

ReputationRep:
    lol wtf my brother drinks it all then becomes a fat fk then my dad tells the rest of the family they get consumed so obviously someone likes them so he has to buy them.

*****y logic and *****y habits
    haha oh dear but i agree they are really overpriced for what they are, perhaps you could go shopping with him when you're home? or get your mum to write lists so he only buys what's necessary ?

ReputationRep:
    Hes deluded, its denial. cant he put your mum in charge of shopping?
    Oats makes a great incredibly cheap and nutritious breakfast and you have plenty of milk.
    he still goes shopping anyway. my mum and i are the ones who always are saving the most and trying to get the best deals while my dad just puts the whole bloody supermarket in his basket then pays for it.

yea we do have lots of milk, i managed to bring home 2 bottles of milk from school since the matron urged me to take them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    haha oh dear but i agree they are really overpriced for what they are, perhaps you could go shopping with him when you're home? or get your mum to write lists so he only buys what's necessary ?
    they are but the thing is he won't stop until he thinks it'll fill the fridge. My mom and i can go shopping but we don't come back with much because of conservative spending. My mum does tell him but he ignores it and gets a *****y deal on and item he bought making it super expensive.

ReputationRep:
    ok seriously?

what do i do? all this as year wasted doing nothing with my life basically, my gcse's r turd what can i do? i might get a job at Mcdonalds?
    work at bringing your grades up.

ReputationRep:
    they are but the thing is he won't stop until he thinks it'll fill the fridge. My mom and i can go shopping but we don't come back with much because of conservative spending. My mum does tell him but he ignores it and gets a *****y deal on and item he bought making it super expensive.
    Quit hating on your dad. If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't even be alive!!!

ReputationRep:

^^ this
    (Original post by john2054)
    Quit hating on your dad. If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't even be alive!!!

i'm not quite sure i want to be alive living in these sort of situations. yes yes there are people worse of than me but these are my wishes and i can dream all i like

(Original post by john2054)
    work at bringing your grades up.
    i really am trying hard i'm improved and gotten my AS maths to A standard in C1 and C2 now i'm working on physics and chem

ReputationRep:
    So he managed to come from working 24/7 at takeaway to owning several properties and paying for you and your brother 20k+ a year (i know they are loans but banks just dont dish them out like fortune cookies - u have to have some solid collateral, income stream, business plan etc. )? I wouldn't say he is worthless, he is just probably going through some rough patch in business and when you come from barely anything to creating something thinking of going back to that is dreadful.

Btw, is your mum employed? Providing for the family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoli21)
    So he managed to come from working 24/7 at takeaway to owning several properties and paying for you and your brother 20k+ a year (i know they are loans but banks just dont dish them out like fortune cookies - u have to have some solid collateral, income stream, business plan etc. )? I wouldn't say he is worthless, he is just probably going through some rough patch in business and when you come from barely anything to creating something thinking of going back to that is dreadful.

Btw, is your mum employed? Providing for the family?
    btw the loans were for paying to get more properties which makes sense if things are going well then that's what you'd do and my mom suggested he sell some properties since we weren't getting any clients but my dad refused and though he could definitely get some client but no-one came and the debt has only gotten bigger.

lol rough patches? he listens to no-one he's so prideful, egotistical and big headed that whatever he does is never wrong and he's always right etc etc. Due to this, like mentioned above he's put us in a **** place because he refused to listen when a better suggestion was made.

my mom has realised the situation at home for many year and has started to take action, well she started working since around autumn last year 2015. so yea she's employed at various places, also just to note my dad bc he's like that asked why my mom is getting a job and my mum went mental at him. he's so stupid sometimes. also the reason why he wanted my mom not to get a job is because there's no-one to do all the washing up and cleaning of clothes at home because he's so lazy and always wants someone else to do it

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.