Turn on thread page Beta

How much of this session is anaerobic? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to get fitter all round both for sprinting and 5k distance. I realise that to be absolutely brilliant in either then training has to be focused to either one as they each require completely different types of training (sprinting needs power based and speed training and 5k obv requires endurance training). I'd like to be good at both though. One of my sessions is the following: 12 x 300m runs at a steady pace faster (but breathing very hard at the end) with 2 and a half to 3 mins rest. It should help a lot with endurance (5k) and to an extent speed endurance for say 400m. I was wondering though what percentage of the session would you say is aerobic and what percentage is anaerobic? It will help with aerobic to an extentbut I'm breathing very hard at the end.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    This is what a hrm is for becayse that cna tell you how hard you are working and how far into the anaerobic zone you are for how long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    This is what a hrm is for becayse that cna tell you how hard you are working and how far into the anaerobic zone you are for how long.
    I've never really bothered checking my hr, I've got a hr monitor that came with my running watch but anything to do with the heart freaks me out, apparently I had a heart murmur as a kid ha. I might start using it though
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Im not sure perceiebed exeertion would be appropriate for what you are asking but a hrm is.
    the way to use perceived exertion is to track your times.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.