Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a sixth form student in Year 12 studying A Level Further Maths, Physcis and Chemistry. Soon, I will be doing my AS and A Level exams (as I'm doing an A Level Further Maths in 1 year instead of 2) and writing my uni application (personal statement, work experience, etc.) afterwards. So it came to my mind that I need to decide on my career options soon. If not, I wouldn't have a definite plan or idea of my future life. I did work experience at an aerospace company last summer in 2015 and I enjoyed it very much. Every day, I never thought that I was working. Every day in their aircraft hangars, I was continually mesmerised by the machinery, aircrafts and many more. For anyone who studies or are in the profession of aeronautical engineering, please advise. Thanks for reading this. 😇
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by thbtchit)
    I'm currently a sixth form student in Year 12 studying A Level Further Maths, Physcis and Chemistry. Soon, I will be doing my AS and A Level exams (as I'm doing an A Level Further Maths in 1 year instead of 2) and writing my uni application (personal statement, work experience, etc.) afterwards. So it came to my mind that I need to decide on my career options soon. If not, I wouldn't have a definite plan or idea of my future life. I did work experience at an aerospace company last summer in 2015 and I enjoyed it very much. Every day, I never thought that I was working. Every day in their aircraft hangars, I was continually mesmerised by the machinery, aircrafts and many more. For anyone who studies or are in the profession of aeronautical engineering, please advise. Thanks for reading this. 😇
    There is no question here.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by thbtchit)
    For anyone who studies or are in the profession of aeronautical engineering, please advise. Thanks for reading this. 😇
    Hi there!

Glad to hear you're interested in aerospace. As Smack pointed out, are there any questions in particular you want to ask?

Aerospace is an incredibly exciting sector. From what you said, it sounds like you were working in manufacturing/repair, or project development. Regardless, there are so many different things you can go into if you study aerospace/aeronautical. Have a look into different job potentials, e.g., aerodynamics, design, manufacturing, computational work, structures, etc, and try and get a feel of everything.

If you study aeronautical, it won't all be about aircraft. There are a lot of fundamentals which are common throughout engineering, and a lot of the work you will be doing is theoretical opposed to practical.

Do let us know if you have any specific questions!

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    Aeronautical Engineering - School of Engineering
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    From the sounds of it you might be more into the mechanical side in which case you are likely better off studying mechanical. Might be worth you looking into the EEE and Programming aspects as well to get a better idea of what you want to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 25, 2016

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.