Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dear Islamaphobics.....:( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    I'm not being rude

But can I give you quote from the bible

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    Should I also post you a reminder of what Islam considers good manners?
    Then why judge islam and muslims into bieng horrible and terrorists ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being rude

But can I give you quote from the bible

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    Should I also post you a reminder of what Islam considers good manners?
    ther you go...you just proved that islam does have respect and manners...so why do people judge it?

It's really not.
    Sarcasm, Bacon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    You may want to brush up on what Islamism is before proceeding to make an even bigger fool of yourself by conflating it with the form of Islam practised by nominal/moderate/progressive/'moved on' Muslims.

False.
    You might want to quit attacking Islam because of either a) parts of Islam written 1 and a half centuries ago which imply that violence can sometimes be justified or b) terrorists who claim to purport the true version of Islam.

You do realise that ISIS literally want us to hate Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    Then why judge islam and muslims into bieng horrible and terrorists ?
    Islam is terrible yes and I can you plenty of reason why and yes some Muslims are terrorists this is simply a fact. But all Muslims then no that simply not the case now is it.

It would be better for you to address those muslins killing in Islam's name rather than posting porkies on a student forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Sarcasm, Bacon.
    Sorry I know (should have added 'isn't it')

ReputationRep:
    ther you go...you just proved that islam does have respect and manners...so why do people judge it?
    Yes I'm saying it does try and teach hence me asking if you needed reminding what it teaches.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it called Islamophobia? no body is scared they just don't like Muslims for one reason or another.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is terrible yes and I can you plenty of reason why and yes some Muslims are terrorists this is simply a fact. But all Muslims then no that simply not the case now is it.

It would be better for you to address those muslins killing in Islam's name rather than posting porkies on a student forum
    go on...what makes islam terrible...you read the quran ...you researched about it....or is ur brain flushed by the media aswell....i'mm free in where to post and what i want to post so i suggest you either gain self respect and say something nice or just not say at all...because clearly you have not been brought up in a multi-cultural society..otherwise u will have understood what i was trying to say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNameWasTaken12)
    Why is it called Islamophobia? no body is scared they just don't like Muslims for one reason or another.
    why don't they like muslims? are they not living humans like you too?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm saying it does try and teach hence me asking if you needed reminding what it teaches.
    look at your self and remind ur self first before thinking to remind others...what a hypocrite !

(Original post by Frank Underwood)
    You might want to quit attacking Islam because of either a) parts of Islam written 1 and a half centuries ago which imply that violence can sometimes be justified or b) terrorists who claim to purport the true version of Islam.
    None of this bears any relation to what I said in my previous post. I've no intention to quit attacking anything for the 'reasons' you've cited.

You do realise that ISIS literally want us to hate Muslims?
    It's been asserted without any evidence a thousand times in the last 24 hours (and previously after the Paris attacks), yes. And no, that isn't grounds for me to 'realise' it.

ReputationRep:
    parts of Islam written 1 and a half centuries ago which imply that violence can sometimes be justified
    One and a half centuries ago!?!?!?! What a blatant lie, you're saying that the Quran was changed and rewritten, don't you know that the Quran remains preserved and unchanged for 1400 years by the grace of Allah! It's not like the bible, which has been corrupted and rewrirten one and a half centuries ago. Quran is pure and authentic. You're spreading lies with your one and a half "century" rubbish.

This is exactly the type of lies western media has been spreading and indoctrinating into the minds of unsuspecting Islamophobes. Its an insult to say centuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    go on...what makes islam terrible...you read the quran ...you researched about it....or is ur brain flushed by the media aswell....i'mm free in where to post and what i want to post so i suggest you either gain self respect and say something nice or just not say at all...because clearly you have not been brought up in a multi-cultural society..otherwise u will have understood what i was trying to say...
    Most of it, it's message, the negative impact it has had on some cultures the inability for it to solve any real issues.

I find it's messenger to be lacking in basic morals and dubious in character

But yes I're read two well known translations (I just know you're going to tell me I ned to learn arabic to 'understand it'). I've read some tafisr and hadith collections.

I'm not sure if I'm brain flushed as I don't know what that means but most of my dislike of islam comes from those who try and preach about it.

Again you talk of self respect which I don't understand why it would be relevant nor how my value of respect would impact on my opinions

The rest is just a personal attack.

ReputationRep:
    look at your self and remind ur self first before thinking to remind others...what a hypocrite !
    Nope sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say

ReputationRep:
    *Islamophobics

ReputationRep:
    OK let deal with the OP's first post

'I’ll tell you... 5,100,000 Palestinians were killed since1948 including innocent children'

I'd love a source for that claim

ReputationRep:
    why don't they like muslims? are they not living humans like you too?
    Like I said "one reason or another"

ReputationRep:
    anti-Islamist scum
    I am baffled by this here. Are you defending Islamism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    I don't think it's a belief all Muslims are terrorists it's more to do with the fact these people are being radicalised in Muslim communities (mainly) so some non radicalised Muslims must be aware of radicalisation and aren't speaking up. It's hard to belief all these radicalised Muslims didn't have families, didn't attend mosques etc some Muslims must know more then they are telling which is seen as supporting terrorism, even if it is just loyal to family it is still a massive reason Islamaphobia is growing. People don't feel they can trust the community in general. Although the whole religion isn't to blame it would sure go along away if there was some sort of solidarity between all Muslims to speak up about extremism and how they support Britain/anti-terrorism efforts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well, people in Belgium were shocked that Abdeslam (the surviving Paris bomber, arrested last Friday) could hide away for 4 months in his native Brussels neighbourhood (Molenbeek) without anyone reporting him. Clearly, family solidarity, but also religious solidarity played an important role.

People fear that some city parts have developed into "Islamic enclaves", no-go areas where police rarely appears, so as not to cause trouble, and which are now the breeding ground of terrorists/jihadis

Ultimately, it's about loyalties : which is your main loyalty ? towards fellow-Muslims, or towards the State and the "law of the land" ? many fear that Muslims are too frequently making the "wrong choice" there

This said, and as i frequently comment these days, there is no such thing in our legal order as "collective guilt". Each person, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, is responsible for his/her actions. So, no one can be considered responsible for what someone else has done (or has omitted to do)

While this is in my view the position for Muslims, Islam is a different thing.

Islam has clearly inspired the terrorists. One specific interpretation of Islam, agreed: quite simply, one of the many interpretations of Islam which are in circulation.

There are many peaceful verses in Islamic "holy texts" : and many violent ones. According to those you select, prioritise and how you interpret them, you can come up with a peaceful, goody-goody religion or with a violent, bloody one.

As I said many times, we should never cease to criticise Islam for its violent, unjust, discriminatory aspects. Muslims will of course defend it. Fair enough. I am all for discussion and debate.

Once again. This has nothing to do with normal, peaceful Muslims: it's the religion (the ideology) , not the people.

Best

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.