Turn on thread page Beta

Dear Islamaphobics.....:( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    I don't think it's a belief all Muslims are terrorists it's more to do with the fact these people are being radicalised in Muslim communities (mainly) so some non radicalised Muslims must be aware of radicalisation and aren't speaking up. It's hard to belief all these radicalised Muslims didn't have families, didn't attend mosques etc some Muslims must know more then they are telling which is seen as supporting terrorism, even if it is just loyal to family it is still a massive reason Islamaphobia is growing. People don't feel they can trust the community in general. Although the whole religion isn't to blame it would sure go along away if there was some sort of solidarity between all Muslims to speak up about extremism and how they support Britain/anti-terrorism efforts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know where you're getting this info. Any statistics to back that up or is it just conjecture?

0.000065% of Muslims are extremists and they keep amongst themselves. I've been a muslim all my life in an area where one or two extremists have popped up fyi and I can safetly confirm that NO knowledgeable muslim that sees someone being radicalised/radicalising would just "let it happen" like you're assuming. The knowledgable muslims that don't support LITERALLY do not support/condone terrorism in any way whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    Why should innocent muslim civilians have to suffer all thehatred and the islamaphobic propaganda? Are we the terrorists? Did we getinvolved in any bombings? Why do people only concentrate on horrific eventsthat some hooligans that call themselves muslims cause? Why did no-one blame Christianity(with my respect to Christians) when a dictator called Yakubu Gowon killed 1.1million innocent civilians? Or when the king Leopold II of Belgium killedaround 2-15 million people? What about Palestine right now? Does anyoneactually know how many Palestinians were killed by Israel? I’ll tell you... 5,100,000 Palestinians were killed since1948 including innocent children ... basically, since Israel out ofnowhere decided to take over the Palestinian’s land! Until now, there isincreasing numbers of deaths everyday...Does the media brag about this? Doesanyone pay attention that the fact MUSLIMS are being killed too and not killersthemselves? Personally, I am totally against killing as a whole and believethat ISIS is trash! I can’t believe that Islam...a religion that brought peaceand is the fastest growing religion...is now been represented by a bunch ofuneducated, sick, mentally ill, murdering hooligans. These people broughtIslamaphobia up...these people are inhumane!! ISIS did not only kill nonmuslims but killed many muslims too...it’s not just the non muslims thats havebeen targeted...these inhumane hooligans love murdering people and enjoy seeingthat. That disgusts me! We muslims are victims too. I’m sick of seeing hatredcomments out there and how people think its ok to insult the religion and to insultour prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Have you ever actually met a muslim? Talked tothem? Have you ever asked or tried to understand the religion and why thesehooligans decided to act this way? No you haven’t...so instead to assume thatthe whole religion is bad and who ever practises it is a terrorist !!?? Am I aterrorist?! I’m a muslim and I stand against terrorism. I am a muslim and Istand for peace and love in this world...
    Why should western people put up with 6% of the Muslim community saying they wouldn't shop someone who is planning to commit a terror attack never mind just suspecting them.
    Or why should western people accept a third of British Muslims saying they had sympathy with the reasons of the Charlie hebdo attackers.
    Why should western people put up with a group of people who want different laws and customs from the countries they move to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Arsenal96123)
    You need to realise he meant that in actual fact Muslims are the greatest victims of any terror attack. You think about yourselves but it's us who end up feeling the long term impacts. Terror attacks can never be attributed to Islam or Muslims, there is no link and only a fascist or racist would suggest so. We deserve to have rights and westerners need to show more respect to our cultures and religion. What happened to treating guests with respect?
    There's no way, surely that this isn't trolling... So much drivel in just one post; I really don't know where to begin. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dkj504)
    If you believe opposing Islam, or being an 'anti-Islamist', is a bad thing, then you certainly have an odd definition of what constitutes 'good' and 'bad'.

Detailed in the Quran 1,500 it may be, but it was in Brussels on the twenty-second of this month. The text itself is, in parts, a direct incitement of violence and most of its followers around the world decide to interpret it that way. Some moderate Western Muslims may have moved on, though most haven't and therein lies the concern.

Although all religions should be criticised for being wrong in the same way, there is reason to be preoccupied with Islam. Some religions are clearly more dangerous than others at any given time, and this is clearly the case regarding Islam today. At one point it would have been Christianity, but not so anymore.
    It's bad because hating on a religious text written 1,500 years ago that quite clearly 1.5 billion Muslims no longer follow to the literal word is a waste of time.

The problem isn't the religious text, its the people. However thankfully the excessively vast majority of the people who follow it nowadays are good people. Back 1,500 years ago, violence was justified, people didn't even know the world was round back then, religion served its purpose as a blank-filler when it came to a seeming lack of knowledge or purpose, but now its a faith and all good Muslims have adapted to its use in a modern context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    One and a half centuries ago!?!?!?! What a blatant lie, you're saying that the Quran was changed and rewritten, don't you know that the Quran remains preserved and unchanged for 1400 years by the grace of Allah! It's not like the bible, which has been corrupted and rewrirten one and a half centuries ago. Quran is pure and authentic. You're spreading lies with your one and a half "century" rubbish.

This is exactly the type of lies western media has been spreading and indoctrinating into the minds of unsuspecting Islamophobes. Its an insult to say centuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "As a result, the first caliph, Abu Bakr, who ruled from 632 to 634, ordered a committee be organized, under the leadership of Zaid bin Thabit, to collect all the written pieces of Quran that were spread throughout the Muslim community."

source

Let's do some basic mathematics for you:

(632 + 634) / 2 = 633

2016 - 633 = 1383 years ago

Apologies for LYING, I got the estimation 117 years wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    If you truly believe this then you really are naive.
    You're the naive one for thinking that a tiny group of terrorists represents all of Islam, which you just implied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    I am baffled by this here. Are you defending Islamism?
    Because people are hating on Muslims and Islam because of the actions of a group of terrorists who follow a warped version of it.

And hating on Muslims or Islam is exactly what the terrorists want, they want to divide us. And some of the pretentious people on here need to realise that.

ReputationRep:
    You need to realise he meant that in actual fact Muslims are the greatest victims of any terror attack. You think about yourselves but it's us who end up feeling the long term impacts. Terror attacks can never be attributed to Islam or Muslims, there is no link and only a fascist or racist would suggest so. We deserve to have rights and westerners need to show more respect to our cultures and religion. What happened to treating guests with respect?
    What absolute nonsense. Terror attacks CAN be attributed to both Islam and Muslims. It was MUSLIMS who carried out the Brussels and Paris attacks and countless others. And they get many of their ideas from Islamic scripture.

You'll really have to explain how saying this would make someone a racist or fascist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    "As a result, the first caliph, Abu Bakr, who ruled from 632 to 634, ordered a committee be organized, under the leadership of Zaid bin Thabit, to collect all the written pieces of Quran that were spread throughout the Muslim community."

source

Let's do some basic mathematics for you:

(632 + 634) / 2 = 633

2016 - 633 = 1383 years ago

Apologies for LYING, I got the estimation 117 years wrong.
    You said one and a half CENTURIES ago which = 150 years ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    You said one and a half CENTURIES ago which = 150 years ago...
    millennia then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    hating on Muslims or Islam is exactly what the terrorists want,.
    again, this incredible insistence on conflating Muslims and Islam

Hating Islam means hating ideas

Hating Muslims means hating persons

there is no way that the two can be conflated : why do you insist with your nonsensical confusion ?

Once again : there are many good reasons why Islam can be opposed, and even hated

Muslims are just normal people : some excellent, some terrible, most somewhere in between

ReputationRep:
    Terror attacks can never be attributed to Islam or Muslims, there is no link and only a fascist or racist would suggest so.
    I had missed this small gem

this post is a very good illustration of the kind of denial which goes on in part of the Muslim communities : the sooner this denial is overcome, the more chances there will be of terrorism being defeated

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    So excellent people follow bad religion?
    that is entirely possible. Take Communism as an example : many wonderful, generous, admirable persons followed a deeply flawed ideology

in any case, there is not one Islam : there are many. From Quran/ahadith, you can construct a religion which is all love and tolerance, but also a violent, oppressive religion

for this reason, we should clearly point out what, in our view, is wrong in Islam and should be opposed without hesitation. Muslims will disagree, and that's not a problem : religions and ideologies can and should be discussed freely

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    So excellent people follow bad religion?
    Yes excellent people can follow "bad religion" and bad people can follow "excellent religion" - this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    that is entirely possible. Take Communism as an example : many wonderful, generous, admirable persons followed a deeply flawed ideology
    There are some who argue that the Soviet Union wasn't True Communism proposed by Marx

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by chemting)
    "excellent religion"
    Good thing you used speech marks around that. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Here what I do...

I see muslims staring at me with hatred all of the time with this evil terrorist look, this means their radical and highly conservative meaning I won't ever trust them.

If I don't see an evil look in their eyes and seem calm like.. normal I will be normal to them. However, all of the muslims I've seen are always have this terrorist look in their eyes...
    Hi there,

I saw your post, and really I wanted to apologize sincerely to you on behalf of all Muslims that you feel like that - because in fact I am a Muslim too. But then, I thought - but why should I apologise? If a Christian scares me - would I then label all Christians as scary and terrorists? I most definitely wouldn't.

I don't know what country you're from - but in my small town that I live in - We are a mix of different religions, backgrounds, and ethnicity's. We live peacefully and harmoniously reside amongst one another; often almost always showing a united front. For example, when a group of so-called "Muslims" with extremists and terrorist ideologies formed - we all held a march and in very non-specific terms told them to "Get out" if they're going to spread propaganda like that, whilst claiming to be Muslim.

What I'd like you to know, dear friend, is that as muslims we do not accept any notion of terrorism/extremism. We are taught to be kind, loving, accepting, and really to be friendly with everyone, integrate, live harmoniously, and to be a good citizen. We are taught good ethics - and if those 'muslims' you've mentioned stare at you in a threatening way, then to hell with them! I firmly believe in smiling and showing kindness to strangers, passerbys, people we know, and people we don't - as do many other Muslims. But please, do not presume all Muslims have closed hearts, and are generally rude because of a few. I assure you we are not. Do not label us, or prejudge - we are normal human beings, and it's sad that we have to justify ourselves because of a few.
    We didn't blame Germans for Hitler. We didn't blame Christianity for KKK, so we should most definitely not blame Islam for the acts of certain individuals, it is not representative and grossly unfair. Much love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmeenak)
    Hi there,

I saw your post, and really I wanted to apologize sincerely to you on behalf of all Muslims that you feel like that - because in fact I am a Muslim too. But then, I thought - but why should I apologise? If a Christian scares me - would I then label all Christians as scary and terrorists? I most definitely wouldn't.

I don't know what country you're from - but in my small town that I live in - We are a mix of different religions, backgrounds, and ethnicity's. We live peacefully and harmoniously reside amongst one another; often almost always showing a united front. For example, when a group of so-called "Muslims" with extremists and terrorist ideologies formed - we all held a march and in very non-specific terms told them to "Get out" if they're going to spread propaganda like that, whilst claiming to be Muslim.

What I'd like you to know, dear friend, is that as muslims we do not accept any notion of terrorism/extremism. We are taught to be kind, loving, accepting, and really to be friendly with everyone, integrate, live harmoniously, and to be a good citizen. We are taught good ethics - and if those 'muslims' you've mentioned stare at you in a threatening way, then to hell with them! I firmly believe in smiling and showing kindness to strangers, passerbys, people we know, and people we don't - as do many other Muslims. But please, do not presume all Muslims have closed hearts, and are generally rude because of a few. I assure you we are not. Do not label us, or prejudge - we are normal human beings, and it's sad that we have to justify ourselves because of a few.
    We didn't blame Germans for Hitler. We didn't blame Christianity for KKK, so we should most definitely not blame Islam for the acts of certain individuals, it is not representative and grossly unfair. Much love
    ///

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    What I dislike about muslims a lot is how they treat people such as LBGT, in Syria/Iraq the public supports beheading and jumping off buildings of these people which is truely wrong so the " accepting " is a lie.

I also dislike it how they brainwash kids at such a young age where they are forced to accept the religion and don't know any better. You don't see christainity doing any of this. Muslims are spread their religion for world dominance through peace to show its the true one as well, thats another thing that buggers me and my family. (We aren't any religion)
    Islam is definitely not the only religion which 'brainwashes kids at a young age'. Christianity definitely does this as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Good thing you used speech marks around that. :rofl:
    Ha! True, didn't wanna start WW10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.