Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Because people are hating on Muslims and Islam because of the actions of a group of terrorists who follow a warped version of it.

And hating on Muslims or Islam is exactly what the terrorists want, they want to divide us. And some of the pretentious people on here need to realise that.
    Again, I'm confused. Are you saying Islamism cannot be criticised? You specifically referred to anybody who was opposed to Islamism as scum. I'm wondering to what extent you are an apologist for Islamists and Islamism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    What I dislike about muslims a lot is how they treat people such as LBGT, in Syria/Iraq the public supports beheading and jumping off buildings of these people which is truely wrong so the " accepting " is a lie.

I also dislike it how they brainwash kids at such a young age where they are forced to accept the religion and don't know any better. You don't see christainity doing any of this. Muslims are spread their religion for world dominance through peace to show its the true one as well, thats another thing that buggers me and my family. (We aren't any religion)
    Hey, so again you're painting us all with the same brush LOL! That's totally unfair, just because of a few individuals you're going to label us all "I don't like muslims as a whole because", I'm not sure if you've even read my last post thoroughly?

The media has always needed an ethnic minority to 'bash' & target specifically. First it was the afro-carribbeans, the Irish and now it's the Muslims! The media has failed us and is bias. If for example, a Muslim murdered someone as opposed to a Christian. I promise, you'd find the Muslim's story on the first page - massive headline. But the former would be dug in the middle of the newspapers somewhere in a tiny little box with size 5 font. Oh sorry, but the word 'Christian' wouldn't even be mentioned lol. It'd just say 'so-andso' Which other criminal have you actually seen in the media have their religion being mentioned? None. But really what has their religion got to do with it? Some idiotic "Muslim" decides to do something stupid why should all of us get the backlash? Why is Islam under scrutiny and the rest of us good law-abiding citizens being subjected to such speculation?

LGBT - from a religious point of view, we don't agree with LGBT/same-sex marriages/relationships, for a number of reasons, just like judaism, and catholic christians. Now, when it comes to the way certain "Muslims" treat homosexuals, and lesbians, I disagree. I disagree strongly. and absolutely - as do again many others. It's the individuals choice what sexual orientation they wish to be, not ours, we are not god to judge, and in the end their still human beings so they deserve respect. Again because a few 'Muslims' are misguided and treat such individuals with disregard - it's not our fault and Islam as a whole

Jumping off buildings???? I've never heard of this.

When I have kids, I'd bring up my kids as Muslims. The same way as Christians, they'd bring up their kids as christians too. If my kids, ever want to question and discover other religions, I'd be open to discuss. So when Jews raise up their kids as Jews - is that brainwashing too? When Christians teach their kids Christianity is the true religion is that brainwashing too? Is that being forced to? I have never ever once in my life seen a parent force Islam on their children - it's sad you think that. I am a Muslim because I want to be, not because my parents forced me too.

Christians are not painted with the same brush and deemed fanactics destined to kill innocent people although the likes of the Timothy McVeigh’s of this world committed horrible acts that killed many innocent people - oh and thats not forgetting KKK. All Christians are not painted with the same brush and labeled rapists, pedophiles or homosexuals although it has been revealed that a number of priests have sexually assaulted young boys/men. All Christians are not held accountable for the high incidence of out-of-wedlock teen pregnancies or high divorce and adultery rates although it is quite evident that such exists in churches.All Jews are not labeled heartless killers or power hungry people who lust after land and money, etc. although the actions of the Jews in Israel speak volumes. So it pains me to know that all Muslims are held accountable for the actions of a few. Really. I hope you understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmeenak)
    Hey, so again you're painting us all with the same brush LOL! That's totally unfair, just because of a few individuals you're going to label us all "I don't like muslims as a whole because", I'm not sure if you've even read my last post thoroughly?

The media has always needed an ethnic minority to 'bash' & target specifically. First it was the afro-carribbeans, the Irish and now it's the Muslims! The media has failed us and is bias. If for example, a Muslim murdered someone as opposed to a Christian. I promise, you'd find the Muslim's story on the first page - massive headline. But the former would be dug in the middle of the newspapers somewhere in a tiny little box with size 5 font. Oh sorry, but the word 'Christian' wouldn't even be mentioned lol. It'd just say 'so-andso' Which other criminal have you actually seen in the media have their religion being mentioned? None. But really what has their religion got to do with it? Some idiotic "Muslim" decides to do something stupid why should all of us get the backlash? Why is Islam under scrutiny and the rest of us good law-abiding citizens being subjected to such speculation?

LGBT - from a religious point of view, we don't agree with LGBT/same-sex marriages/relationships, for a number of reasons, just like judaism, and catholic christians. Now, when it comes to the way certain "Muslims" treat homosexuals, and lesbians, I disagree. I disagree strongly. and absolutely - as do again many others. It's the individuals choice what sexual orientation they wish to be, not ours, we are not god to judge, and in the end their still human beings so they deserve respect. Again because a few 'Muslims' are misguided and treat such individuals with disregard - it's not our fault and Islam as a whole

Jumping off buildings???? I've never heard of this.

When I have kids, I'd bring up my kids as Muslims. The same way as Christians, they'd bring up their kids as christians too. If my kids, ever want to question and discover other religions, I'd be open to discuss. So when Jews raise up their kids as Jews - is that brainwashing too? When Christians teach their kids Christianity is the true religion is that brainwashing too? Is that being forced to? I have never ever once in my life seen a parent force Islam on their children - it's sad you think that. I am a Muslim because I want to be, not because my parents forced me too.

Christians are not painted with the same brush and deemed fanactics destined to kill innocent people although the likes of the Timothy McVeigh’s of this world committed horrible acts that killed many innocent people - oh and thats not forgetting KKK. All Christians are not painted with the same brush and labeled rapists, pedophiles or homosexuals although it has been revealed that a number of priests have sexually assaulted young boys/men. All Christians are not held accountable for the high incidence of out-of-wedlock teen pregnancies or high divorce and adultery rates although it is quite evident that such exists in churches.All Jews are not labeled heartless killers or power hungry people who lust after land and money, etc. although the actions of the Jews in Israel speak volumes. So it pains me to know that all Muslims are held accountable for the actions of a few. Really. I hope you understand.
    I respect muslims like you and didn't thought it was that offensive till I read it after some time... sorry for offense e.e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    I respect muslims like you and didn't thought it was that offensive till I read it after some time... sorry for offense e.e
    Lol no worries at all! I'm just glad you understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    You're the naive one for thinking that a tiny group of terrorists represents all of Islam, which you just implied.
    Well what do they represent then? Enlighten me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    OK let deal with the OP's first post

'I’ll tell you... 5,100,000 Palestinians were killed since1948 including innocent children'

I'd love a source for that claim
    https://sites.google.com/site/palestiniangenocide/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    They represent their own ignorant selves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Well someone mentioned rebels without a cause - and now they've found one, unfortunately for Muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    Muslims are fine

Islam isn't.
    why isn't it...just because it does have some violent quotes in it?...knowing that it was relevant to wars that happened centuries and centuries ago...bible has voilent quotes in it as well....watch this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STz2FrpZnpw

do we say anything about Christianity ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    x
    thought this was Awesome Genius ... realised it wasn't... disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    thought this was Awesome Genius ... realised it wasn't... disappointed
    You are not making much sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    You start with ad hominin (not a good start)

your post is nothing more than opinion and most of it is plainly wrong and is some cases simply dishonest

F
    There's a bit of Burden of Proof in what he says too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    You are not making much sense
    He thought you were Awesome Genius because you have the same avatar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    He thought you were Awesome Genius because you have the same avatar.
    Thanks.
    I realised when I clicked on the mention, one minute later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    There's no way, surely that this isn't trolling... So much drivel in just one post; I really don't know where to begin. :facepalm:
    I find it a disgrace that suggesting Muslims and Islam receive protection is somehow trolling? It really says a lot about you people if I'm going to be honest

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    What absolute nonsense. Terror attacks CAN be attributed to both Islam and Muslims. It was MUSLIMS who carried out the Brussels and Paris attacks and countless others. And they get many of their ideas from Islamic scripture.

You'll really have to explain how saying this would make someone a racist or fascist.
    You are wrong. It explicitly says a Muslim can't do or participate in these actions, therefore it is categorically impossible for a Muslim to carry out these acts. It's a logical conclusion. Someone that does this is not a Muslim so therefore these people were not Muslim. It's not a hard concept to grasp fool.

(Original post by mariachi)
    I had missed this small gem

this post is a very good illustration of the kind of denial which goes on in part of the Muslim communities : the sooner this denial is overcome, the more chances there will be of terrorism being defeated

best
    What denial? Muslims are perhaps the most peaceful sect in society. We are law abiding, we accepted the culture forced on us and rarely ask for anything in return.

(Original post by Arsenal96123)
    I find it a disgrace that suggesting Muslims and Islam receive protection is somehow trolling? It really says a lot about you people if I'm going to be honest
    And if I'm going to be honest, I find your lack of a sense of irony a disgrace: you don't seem to realise the inherent fascism of recommending serious legal consequences for criticising a religion while, in the same breath, seeing fit to call those who oppose this fascists. Only a moron or a troll would be saying these things: I'll pay you the compliment of assuming that you're the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    Why should innocent muslim civilians have to suffer all thehatred and the islamaphobic propaganda? Are we the terrorists? Did we getinvolved in any bombings? Why do people only concentrate on horrific eventsthat some hooligans that call themselves muslims cause? Why did no-one blame Christianity(with my respect to Christians) when a dictator called Yakubu Gowon killed 1.1million innocent civilians? Or when the king Leopold II of Belgium killedaround 2-15 million people? What about Palestine right now? Does anyoneactually know how many Palestinians were killed by Israel? I’ll tell you... 5,100,000 Palestinians were killed since1948 including innocent children ... basically, since Israel out ofnowhere decided to take over the Palestinian’s land! Until now, there isincreasing numbers of deaths everyday...Does the media brag about this? Doesanyone pay attention that the fact MUSLIMS are being killed too and not killersthemselves? Personally, I am totally against killing as a whole and believethat ISIS is trash! I can’t believe that Islam...a religion that brought peaceand is the fastest growing religion...is now been represented by a bunch ofuneducated, sick, mentally ill, murdering hooligans. These people broughtIslamaphobia up...these people are inhumane!! ISIS did not only kill nonmuslims but killed many muslims too...it’s not just the non muslims thats havebeen targeted...these inhumane hooligans love murdering people and enjoy seeingthat. That disgusts me! We muslims are victims too. I’m sick of seeing hatredcomments out there and how people think its ok to insult the religion and to insultour prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Have you ever actually met a muslim? Talked tothem? Have you ever asked or tried to understand the religion and why thesehooligans decided to act this way? No you haven’t...so instead to assume thatthe whole religion is bad and who ever practises it is a terrorist !!?? Am I aterrorist?! I’m a muslim and I stand against terrorism. I am a muslim and Istand for peace and love in this world...
    Your religion is evil ( as is all religion ) and your religion stands for hatred and death.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Arsenal96123;63647165]I find it a disgrace that suggesting Muslims and Islam receive protection is somehow trolling? It really says a lot about you people if I'm going to be honest

Protection from what?

Scrutiny and surveillance?

You're crazy if you think radical Muslims and their families shouldn't be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    You're an idiot.

LMAO. It's like muslims can just use stupid false statistics to justify the garbage they're spouting.

Where is their sympathy for the 6 Million Jews that died in 4 years alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EccentricDiamond)
    Your religion is evil ( as is all religion ) and your religion stands for hatred and death.
    And your rude and naive...If my religion stood for hatred and death ..why would I follow it (by choice) and why would I be against hatred myself? wouldn't that be going against my religion then? give me proof that islam (originated from the word salam which means peace in arabic) stands for hatred and death?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.