Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    LMAO. It's like muslims can just use stupid false statistics to justify the garbage they're spouting.

Where is their sympathy for the 6 Million Jews that died in 4 years alone?
    Never said I didn't sympathise for them...we are all humans and should sympathise for each other no matter our religions...we all should stand together to stop these terrorists and the killing all around the world and bring peace, love and humanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    Never said I didn't sympathise for them...we are all humans and should sympathise for each other no matter our religions...we all should stand together to stop these terrorists and the killing all around the world and bring peace, love and humanity.

Save this crap for 16 year old liberal girls on twitter and tumblr.

All this TALK about "spreading love and humanity" isn't and hasn't done Sh*t for the world.

Get on the streets and protest and report radical muslims to the authorities and stop being keyboard justice warriors.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    You are wrong. It explicitly says a Muslim can't do or participate in these actions, therefore it is categorically impossible for a Muslim to carry out these acts. It's a logical conclusion. Someone that does this is not a Muslim so therefore these people were not Muslim. It's not a hard concept to grasp fool.
    No, it is you who is wrong. There are Muslims who commit terror attacks, therefore Muslims can commit terror attacks. There are many passages in the Quran inciting hatred and calling Muslims to fight until the only religion that remains is Islam, therefore Islam can be used to justify heinous and terrorist actions. Both of these things are demonstrable.

Now, I'd like to see you provide scriptural evidence that says that Muslims who murder suddenly stop being Muslims.

Your entire justification is just the usual "not true Muslims" and "this isn't Islam" which is fallacious. They ARE Muslims and this IS Islam, a very extreme and minority interpretation, but Islam nonetheless.

Also, isn't making takfir on other Muslims disallowed in Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No, it is you who is wrong. There are Muslims who commit terror attacks, therefore Muslims can commit terror attacks. There are many passages in the Quran inciting hatred and calling Muslims to fight until the only religion that remains is Islam, therefore Islam can be used to justify heinous and terrorist actions. Both of these things are demonstrable.

Now, I'd like to see you provide scriptural evidence that says that Muslims who murder suddenly stop being Muslims.

Your entire justification is just the usual "not true Muslims" and "this isn't Islam" which is fallacious. They ARE Muslims and this IS Islam, a very extreme and minority interpretation, but Islam nonetheless.

Your statement "...Muslims who murder stop being Muslims" does not make sense as they were never Muslims in the first place. I think you need to actually read up on the religion rather than make Islamophobic comments.

This is Islamophobia at its finest, it's a disgrace you are given a platform on this site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)

Not only are they REAL and PURE muslims.

This user Arsenal whatever the hell his name is, is actually by their religious standards a Non muslim for condemning the acts of people trying to spread the TRUE message of islam through terror like they've been doing for 1,400 years.

That's exactly why victims of ISIS terrorism are majorly muslims, because they are commanded in their holy books to fight those that get in the way of Allah and his teachings.

Quran 9:5 and Quran 9:29

ReputationRep:
    Your statement "...Muslims who murder stop being Muslims" does not make sense as they were never Muslims in the first place. I think you need to actually read up on the religion rather than make Islamophobic comments.

This is Islamophobia at its finest, it's a disgrace you are given a platform on this site

Can you just stop lying for one second?

Everyone who follows your posts knows you're nothing more than a lying ignorant muslim troll.

ReputationRep:
    And your rude and naive...If my religion stood for hatred and death ..why would I follow it (by choice) and why would I be against hatred myself? wouldn't that be going against my religion then? give me proof that islam (originated from the word salam which means peace in arabic) stands for hatred and death?
    Because you have been brainwashed since birth. Islam and all religion is vile and evil and please tell do you live in the west?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    Can you just stop lying for one second?

Everyone who follows your posts knows you're nothing more than a lying ignorant muslim troll.
    Reported for Islamophobia

ReputationRep:
    Reported for Islamophobia

You should be banned for stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    Your statement "...Muslims who murder stop being Muslims" does not make sense as they were never Muslims in the first place.
    If a person prays as a Muslim, looks as a Muslim and identifies himself as Muslim then maybe he is a Muslim? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EccentricDiamond)
    Because you have been brainwashed since birth. Islam and all religion is vile and evil and please tell do you live in the west?
    Just because I was taught my religion since birth It does not mean I'm brainwashed...My parents did not force me into islam ...so you trying to say that christian children that have been baptised and brought up with Christianity as their religion,brainwashed too?? What about the Jewish children that have been taught their religion from their parents?
    And please it does not matter where I live....It does not make any difference !

ReputationRep:
    Why should innocent muslim civilians have to suffer all thehatred and the islamaphobic propaganda? Are we the terrorists? Did we getinvolved in any bombings? Why do people only concentrate on horrific eventsthat some hooligans that call themselves muslims cause? Why did no-one blame Christianity(with my respect to Christians) when a dictator called Yakubu Gowon killed 1.1million innocent civilians? Or when the king Leopold II of Belgium killedaround 2-15 million people? What about Palestine right now? Does anyoneactually know how many Palestinians were killed by Israel? I’ll tell you... 5,100,000 Palestinians were killed since1948 including innocent children ... basically, since Israel out ofnowhere decided to take over the Palestinian’s land! Until now, there isincreasing numbers of deaths everyday...Does the media brag about this? Doesanyone pay attention that the fact MUSLIMS are being killed too and not killersthemselves? Personally, I am totally against killing as a whole and believethat ISIS is trash! I can’t believe that Islam...a religion that brought peaceand is the fastest growing religion...is now been represented by a bunch ofuneducated, sick, mentally ill, murdering hooligans. These people broughtIslamaphobia up...these people are inhumane!! ISIS did not only kill nonmuslims but killed many muslims too...it’s not just the non muslims thats havebeen targeted...these inhumane hooligans love murdering people and enjoy seeingthat. That disgusts me! We muslims are victims too. I’m sick of seeing hatredcomments out there and how people think its ok to insult the religion and to insultour prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Have you ever actually met a muslim? Talked tothem? Have you ever asked or tried to understand the religion and why thesehooligans decided to act this way? No you haven’t...so instead to assume thatthe whole religion is bad and who ever practises it is a terrorist !!?? Am I aterrorist?! I’m a muslim and I stand against terrorism. I am a muslim and Istand for peace and love in this world...
    Your post exemplifies a lot of the problems I have with Islam. Since it isn't well formatted, let's break it up thematically.

First, you completely disclaim any responsibility or involvement of wider Islam in Islamic terrorism:

Why should innocent muslim civilians have to suffer all thehatred and the islamaphobic propaganda? Are we the terrorists? Did we getinvolved in any bombings? Why do people only concentrate on horrific eventsthat some hooligans that call themselves muslims cause?
    It's reasonable to say that most Muslims don't bear the kind of responsibility that the perpetrators bear but saying that Islam and Islamic terrorism have no relation is as dishonest as saying that Irish Nationalism had nothing to do with the IRA. In both cases most people who believed in that ideology never hurt a fly but the ideology itself - undistorted and pure - was the origin of the terrorist attacks.

Islam specifically has a huge institutional problem that it doesn't accept other people have a right to their own countries and institutions. For sure, most Muslims gloss over this to get on with their lives, but not all do, and how can you expect them to when the Islamic texts say that not glossing the duty to make war against the infidel until he is conquered and subjected to Islam makes you holier and more deserving of spiritual rewards than others? Ultimately if you don't believe that such a duty exists then you are not really a Muslim; if you do, even if you don't act on it, you are certainly part of the problem.

Second, you try to draw equivalences with other groups to justify what the terrorists are doing:

Why did no-one blame Christianity(with my respect to Christians) when a dictator called Yakubu Gowon killed 1.1million innocent civilians? Or when the king Leopold II of Belgium killedaround 2-15 million people? What about Palestine right now? Does anyoneactually know how many Palestinians were killed by Israel? I’ll tell you... 5,100,000 Palestinians were killed since1948 including innocent children ... basically, since Israel out ofnowhere decided to take over the Palestinian’s land! Until now, there isincreasing numbers of deaths everyday...Does the media brag about this? Doesanyone pay attention that the fact MUSLIMS are being killed too and not killersthemselves?
    In the first place a huge number of people have a problem with Israel and even more have a problem with colonialism. Your outrage is misplaced; the Belgian Congo is much less popular than Islam. That aside, you're adopting an Islamic mindset to this that just doesn't exist in Christianity. Christians do not identify with the Belgian Congo or Yakubu Gowon (I doubt 99% of Brits even know who he is) in the same way Muslims identify with Palestine. This is part of the problem. Belgium clearly did nothing to Muslims but Muslims view Belgium as part of the grand infidel conspiracy so they attack it on the basis that someone totally unrelated did something on the other side of the world. You say that you do not support terrorism but you totally endorse the ideological framework that justifies it, just like the Irish Nationalist who waved his fist at the Brits but was too scared or lazy to build a bomb himself.

In the final part, you say this explicitly:

We muslims are victims too. I’m sick of seeing hatredcomments out there and how people think its ok to insult the religion and to insultour prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Have you ever actually met a muslim? Talked tothem? Have you ever asked or tried to understand the religion and why thesehooligans decided to act this way? No you haven’t...so instead to assume thatthe whole religion is bad and who ever practises it is a terrorist !!?? Am I aterrorist?! I’m a muslim and I stand against terrorism. I am a muslim and Istand for peace and love in this world...
    On the one hand, you yourself are peaceful. On the other, you are outraged that others express opinions you don't like and think they should be suppressed. You think that if non-Muslims were to learn more about Islam, we would come to agree with the terrorists' views on many things - even though of course terrorist methods are not something you endorse. This post, like most of what is produced by "moderate Muslims" on this subject, comes across more like Good Cop/Bad Cop than actual disavowal. It's not so much, "We're nothing like the terrorists!", as it is, "I'm very reasonable - you can talk to me, come to agree with my position, and give me what I want. If you don't, I won't hurt you, but I can't be held responsible for what others might do...". In other words moderate Islam is Sinn Fein to the Mujahideen's IRA.

ReputationRep:
    Just because I was taught my religion since birth It does not mean I'm brainwashed...My parents did not force me into islam ...so you trying to say that christian children that have been baptised and brought up with Christianity as their religion,brainwashed too?? What about the Jewish children that have been taught their religion from their parents?
    And please it does not matter where I live....It does not make any difference !
    A brainwashed person does not think they are brainwashed. You have been forced to believe in Islam since birth, you are most definitely brainwashed. You are parents DID force you to believe in Islam do not dare lie and try and convince me they gave you a choice

ReputationRep:

Again with the "no true Muslim" fallacy. Muslims who murder ARE still Muslims and you have not provided any Islamic scriptural evidence that suggests otherwise, it's a claim you have invented.

ReputationRep:
    Your religion is evil ( as is all religion ) and your religion stands for hatred and death.
    Sorry to say this but u're wrong as islam in arabic means submitting to god. It sounds like u did not do any research into islam. So please be careful with what u say and if u are telling the truth then show us from the quran where it says that the believers in god must be harsh to people and that we must kill the ones who dont believe in the king of all kings, the merciful, the just and by the way if u did do some research than u should already know that there is no name that God has that sounds evil.

ReputationRep:
    A brainwashed person does not think they are brainwashed. You have been forced to believe in Islam since birth, you are most definitely brainwashed. You are parents DID force you to believe in Islam do not dare lie and try and convince me they gave you a choice
    Of course If I was brought up in an islamic family ...I would accept it mainly because I was taught it and I am convinced by the religion..don't you dare speak of my parents and accuse them of something the haven't done...you still never mentioned anything about how Christians and jews should definitely be brainwashed too (according to you)

ReputationRep:
    Of course If I was brought up in an islamic family ...I would accept it mainly because I was taught it and I am convinced by the religion..don't you dare speak of my parents and accuse them of something the haven't done...you still never mentioned anything about how Christians and jews should definitely be brainwashed too (according to you)

One clear Difference between Christianity and islam is that.

If you're a Christian and you decide to leave toe religion or apostatize. You can do so with no questions asked.

But in muslim countries governed theocratically, Apostatizing from Islam would leave your head 12 meters away from your body.

"Religion of peace"

(Original post by Kurdishgirl133)
    Sorry to say this but u're wrong as islam in arabic means submitting to god. It sounds like u did not do any research into islam. So please be careful with what u say and if u are telling the truth then show us from the quran where it says that the believers in god must be harsh to people and that we must kill the ones who dont believe in the king of all kings, the merciful, the just and by the way if u did do some research than u should already know that there is no name that God has that sounds evil.
    Allah calling himself by names such as, 'the most merciful' or 'the most compassionate' is not evidence that he is any of these things any more than North Korea calling itself a Democratic People's Republic makes it democratic, of the people, or a republic.

ReputationRep:
    I do not believe for one moment your parents have you a choice, and the same goes for Christians and Jews obviously. You are brainwashed and have been forced and conditioned to believe islam is a force for good. You are walking proof of the evil that is Islam and all organised religion

ReputationRep:
    I do not believe for one moment your parents have you a choice, and the same goes for Christians and Jews obviously. You are brainwashed and have been forced and conditioned to believe islam is a force for good. You are walking proof of the evil that is Islam and all organised religion

Please don't tarnish the Christian religion by comparing it with a religion like islam

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.