Turn on thread page Beta

Dear Islamaphobics.....:( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    Well it will change so you better soon get used to it
    If you don't want Islam criticized around you then f*ck off to the ME.

My ancestors fought and died to protect our rights and freedoms, among them being freedom of speech (including the freedom to criticize any religion - Islam being one of them). There is no way in hell that I'd ever allow anyone to steal my birthrights and freedoms from me.

You are free to criticize my religion, Buddhism, all you want to. And I know that you see no problem with doing that. But why then should I not have the right to criticize your religion as well?!

You think it's okay to criticize our religions because you think we are all going to hell for following the 'wrong' religion. Well you know what? I think it's okay to criticize Islam because I think all Muslims are going to remain stuck in the cycle of rebirth for eternity. I think that because they've shut themselves off from the teachings of Gautama Buddha, so they will never liberate themselves and reach Nirvana.

I hope you enjoy the eternity of death and rebirth that you've brought upon yourself through the catastrophic amounts of Dukkha that you generate.

To everyone else reading this, if you are not an anti-free speech traitor to this once great country, then never stop criticizing Islam. These idiots need to be desensitized to it for their own good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    No it wasn't.

Read Psalm 111:7-8 and stop being ignorant.
    Read this

“Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted). 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

the killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

“And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.”[5:8]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    Read this

“Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted). 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

the killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

“And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.”[5:8]

That is not the full verse and that verse wasn't even meant for muslims :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Read the whole verse it clearly taking a quote meant for THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.

The worst part about muslims using this verse is the fact that the VERY NEXT VERSE. Commands muslims to kill unbelievers.

It's funny how non-believers like myself, know more about Islam than muslims themselves

Paraphrased from a verse that forbids killing for anything other than 'corruption done in the land', which includes adultery, homosexuality, and apostasy (the last of which is almost infinitely malleable), among other non-offences.

For all the apologist whines about context, people like you happily take this verse out of context and present it in a way that you know will deceive the majority of non-Muslim wish-thinkers who desperately want to believe that Islam is compatible with liberalism. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    If you don't want Islam criticized around you then f*ck off to the ME.

My ancestors fought and died to protect our rights and freedoms, among them being freedom of speech (including the freedom to criticize any religion - Islam being one of them). There is no way in hell that I'd ever allow anyone to steal my birthrights and freedoms from me.

You are free to criticize my religion, Buddhism, all you want to. And I know that you see no problem with doing that. But why then should I not have the right to criticize your religion as well?!

You think it's okay to criticize our religions because you think we are all going to hell for following the 'wrong' religion. Well you know what? I think it's okay to criticize Islam because I think all Muslims are going to remain stuck in the cycle of rebirth for eternity. I think that because they've shut themselves off from the teachings of Gautama Buddha, so they will never liberate themselves and reach Nirvana.

I hope you enjoy the eternity of death and rebirth that you've brought upon yourself through the catastrophic amounts of Dukkha that you generate.

To everyone else reading this, if you are not an anti-free speech traitor to this once great country, then never stop criticizing Islam. These idiots need to be desensitized to it for their own good.
    so...buddah didn't teach peace and love too?.. by ur comment... it clearly tells me your not following "your" religion properly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Paraphrased from a verse that forbids killing for anything other than 'corruption done in the land', which includes adultery, homosexuality, and apostasy (the last of which is almost infinitely malleable), among other non-offences.

For all the apologist whines about context, people like you happily take this verse out of context and present it in a way that you know will deceive the majority of non-Muslim wish-thinkers who desperately want to believe that Islam is compatible with liberalism. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing people like you and me actually studied Islam and won't be swayed away by out of context verses pulled up by ignorant muslims trying to make Islam compatible with western society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdishgirl133)
    Sorry to say this but u're wrong as islam in arabic means submitting to god. It sounds like u did not do any research into islam. So please be careful with what u say and if u are telling the truth then show us from the quran where it says that the believers in god must be harsh to people and that we must kill the ones who dont believe in the king of all kings, the merciful, the just and by the way if u did do some research than u should already know that there is no name that God has that sounds evil.
    Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
    but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " - Criticism of peaceful Muslims.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (8:65) - "O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight..."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:33) - "It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it)."

ReputationRep:
    so...buddah didn't teach peace and love too?.. by ur comment... it clearly tells me your not following "your" religion properly...
    LMAO.

Being peaceful and loving towards all living things doesn't mean we can't criticize their ideas. It also doesn't mean that they're going to Nirvana. Truth is, Gautama Buddha said that although they are equal to us, they will never liberate themselves simply because they create so much Dukkha and don't know how to amend this.

This is what Gautama Buddha taught on the subject of love and peace. It's the Metta Sutta, one of the core teachings of my religion.

This is what should be done
    By one who is skilled in goodness,
    And who knows the path of peace:
    Let them be able and upright,
    Straightforward and gentle in speech,
    Humble and not conceited,
    Contented and easily satisfied,
    Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways.
    Peaceful and calm and wise and skillful,
    Not proud or demanding in nature.
    Let them not do the slightest thing
    That the wise would later reprove.
    Wishing: In gladness and in safety,
    May all beings be at ease.
    Whatever living beings there may be;
    Whether they are weak or strong,
    omitting none,
    The great or the mighty,
    medium, short or small,
    The seen and the unseen,
    Those living near and far away,
    Those born and to-be-born
    —May all beings be at ease!

Let none deceive another,
    Or despise any being in any state.
    Let none through anger or ill-will
    Wish harm upon another.
    Even as a mother protects with her life
    Her child, her only child,
    So with a boundless heart
    Should one cherish all living beings;
    Radiating kindness over the entire world:
    Spreading upwards to the skies,
    And downwards to the depths;
    Outwards and unbounded,
    Freed from hatred and ill-will.
    Whether standing or walking, seated or lying down
    Free from drowsiness,
    One should sustain this recollection.
    This is said to be the sublime abiding.
    By not holding to fixed views,
    The pure-hearted one, having clarity of vision,
    Being freed from all sense desires,
    Is not born again into this world.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, pathetic. Bhuddism is not a real religion, it is a false ideology. It does not explain how the world formed or the creator. It simply explains how to live spiritually and connect to some fairy tale life force on the earth. Your religion represents a minor small population in the world so I have no need to launch a campaign against it. It is made up of bald hippies and that's it.
    your right but our religion teaches us not to critisize other religions and that we should be forgiving no matter what they have said...

read this ^^

http://quran.com/109

Lol, pathetic. Bhuddism is not a real religion, it is a false ideology. It does not explain how the world formed or the creator. It simply explains how to live spiritually and connect to some fairy tale life force on the earth.
    Which is an indictment of your religion and others similar to it than of Buddhism, which seems to realise that it's not the place of religions to come up with bull**** creation hypotheses.

Your religion represents a minor small population in the world so I have no need to launch a campaign against it. It is made up of bald hippies and that's it.
    Yes, because self-immolating monks in Tibet who don't drink are definitely hippies. :lol: What an ignorant little child you are. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    LMAO.

Being peaceful and loving towards all living things doesn't mean we can't criticize their ideas. It also doesn't mean that they're going to Nirvana. Truth is, Gautama Buddha said that although they are equal to us, they will never liberate themselves simply because they create so much Dukkha and don't know how to amend this.

This is what Gautama Buddha taught on the subject of love and peace. It's the Metta Sutta, one of the core teachings of my religion.

This is what should be done
    By one who is skilled in goodness,
    And who knows the path of peace:
    Let them be able and upright,
    Straightforward and gentle in speech,
    Humble and not conceited,
    Contented and easily satisfied,
    Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways.
    Peaceful and calm and wise and skillful,
    Not proud or demanding in nature.
    Let them not do the slightest thing
    That the wise would later reprove.
    Wishing: In gladness and in safety,
    May all beings be at ease.
    Whatever living beings there may be;
    Whether they are weak or strong,
    omitting none,
    The great or the mighty,
    medium, short or small,
    The seen and the unseen,
    Those living near and far away,
    Those born and to-be-born
    —May all beings be at ease!

Let none deceive another,
    Or despise any being in any state.
    Let none through anger or ill-will
    Wish harm upon another.
    Even as a mother protects with her life
    Her child, her only child,
    So with a boundless heart
    Should one cherish all living beings;
    Radiating kindness over the entire world:
    Spreading upwards to the skies,
    And downwards to the depths;
    Outwards and unbounded,
    Freed from hatred and ill-will.
    Whether standing or walking, seated or lying down
    Free from drowsiness,
    One should sustain this recollection.
    This is said to be the sublime abiding.
    By not holding to fixed views,
    The pure-hearted one, having clarity of vision,
    Being freed from all sense desires,
    Is not born again into this world.

ReputationRep:
    Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
    but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " - Criticism of peaceful Muslims.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (8:65) - "O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight..."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:33) - "It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it)."
    Then watch this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STz2FrpZnpw

ReputationRep:
    Lol, pathetic. Bhuddism is not a real religion, it is a false ideology. It does not explain how the world formed or the creator. It simply explains how to live spiritually and connect to some fairy tale life force on the earth. Your religion represents a minor small population in the world so I have no need to launch a campaign against it. It is made up of bald hippies and that's it.
    It doesn't need to explain the creation of the universe or anything like that. It doesn't need a creator. Unlike most other religions Buddhism is honest about this. Gautama Buddha emphasized the fact that he didn't know why we exist or how existence began.

Instead of attributing it all to a deity, he encouraged us to think with a clear, unbiased mind and to never assume anything so that we could one day find the real answers to these questions. He repeatedly emphasized the fact that jumping to a conclusion would only ever lead you to the wrong answers and that in order to find the real answers you had to go about it by rigorously testing every theory you have and putting your faith in nothing.

The amazing part about this is that he was later proved to be 100% correct, in an event known as the enlightenment in which modern science and the scientific method were born. The scientific method is analogous to what Gautama Buddha taught about how to find the valid answers to life's questions! Using this way of doing things, everything we have and know about the universe was achieved in a mere 300 years. Religion took millennia and didn't accomplish a thing. No other religion can boast of such incredible achievements.

As for your view that Buddhism isn't a 'real religion,' I should point out that I don't think Islam is a 'real religion.' I think it's one of the biggest failures mankind has ever made, alongside Christianity, Judaism, Mormonism and pretty much every religion except for Buddhism. It's certainly the most dangerous ideology ever made, none of the others are still killing people.

By the way, I'm not bald.

your right but our religion teaches us not to critisize other religions and that we should be forgiving no matter what they have said...

read this ^^

Read my post further up for a proof of your incorrectness.

ReputationRep:
    This is nothing but a bunch of apologists trying to shift the blame using "but what about this..." arguments. The simple fact is this, Christians don't take the Bible 100% literally, but most Muslims take the Qu'ran 100% literally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Which is an indictment of your religion and others similar to it than of Buddhism, which seems to realise that it's not the place of religions to come up with bull**** creation hypotheses.

Yes, because self-immolating monks in Tibet who don't drink are definitely hippies. :lol: What an ignorant little child you are. :facepalm:
    As always you're proving yourself to be the voice of intelligence in these matters

You people could learn a lot from Hydeman.

ReputationRep:
    This is nothing but a bunch of apologists trying to shift the blame using "but what about this..." arguments. The simple fact is this, Christians don't take the Bible 100% literally, but most Muslims take the Qu'ran 100% literally.
    Hold on right there!!!! you have reached ur limits...dont you dare say us muslims behave that way....who are you to judge a majority over the actions of a minority??!! Just because some extremists think it's right to do that ...dose't mean all think that...and plus those verses of the quran were from centuries and centuries ago when war often did occur against Islam...Look at the old testament of the bible and it's violent quotes which have been removed in the new testament...the Quran remained untouched for soo many thousands of years and any violent quotes in the quran was relevant to people who lived in those centuries and not now!

ReputationRep:

Such an amazing response.

NOT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    Such an amazing response.

NOT
    Oh and I care so much

NOT

ReputationRep:
    Hold on right there!!!! you have reached ur limits...dont you dare say us muslims behave that way....who are you to judge a majority over the actions of a minority??!! Just because some extremists think it's right to do that ...dose't mean all think that...and plus those verses of the quran were from centuries and centuries ago when war often did occur against Islam...Look at the old testament of the bible and it's violent quotes which have been removed in the new testament...the Quran remained untouched for soo many thousands of years and any violent quotes in the quran was relevant to people who lived in those centuries and not now!

The wars weren't "against Islam"

The wars were CAUSED by islam

"When the apostle openly displayed Islam as Allah ordered him, his people did not withdraw or turn against him, so far as I have heard, until he spoke disparagingly of their gods. When he did that, they took great offence and resolved unanimously to treat him as an enemy. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 167), "[Muhammad] declared Islam publicly to his fellow tribesmen. When he did so, they did not withdraw from him or reject him in any way, as far as I have heard, until he spoke of their gods and denounced them." (al-Tabari Vol.VI, p.93)

Although asked to stop, Muhammad continued to stir up trouble by “condemning” the local religion, causing the Meccans great anxiety:
    [The Meccans] said they had never known anything like the trouble they had endured from this fellow. He had declared their mode of life foolish, insulted their forefathers, reviled their religion, divided the community and cursed their gods (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 183)."We [the Meccans] have never seen the like of what we have endured from this man [Muhammad]. He has derided our traditional values, abused our forefathers, reviled our religion, caused division among us, and insulted our gods. We have endured a great deal from him." (al-Tabari, Vol.VI p.101)"

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...-religion.aspx

"When he got to the mosque [Hamza] saw [Abu Jahl] sitting among the people, and went up to him until he stood over him, when he lifted up his bow and struck him a violent blow with it, saying, 'Will you insult him when I follow his religion, and say what he says? Hit me back if you can!' (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 185)."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...rst-blood.aspx

As always you're proving yourself to be the voice of intelligence in these matters

You people could learn a lot from Hydeman.
    Thank you, that means a lot!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.