Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    Oh and I care so much

NOT

Your religion is so perfect and peaceful.

NOT

ReputationRep:
    Why should innocent muslim civilians have to suffer all thehatred and the islamaphobic propaganda? Are we the terrorists? Did we getinvolved in any bombings? Why do people only concentrate on horrific eventsthat some hooligans that call themselves muslims cause?
    first of all , it should be stated that innocent muslims should never be blamed for what these men did, and indeed critics of islamsits rarely blame normal muslims- they actually blame the ideology. i have often seen it is muslims that would rather blame people and their personal races, cultures and ethnicities, rather than critisise islamic ideology

Why did no-one blame Christianity(with my respect to Christians) when a dictator called Yakubu Gowon killed 1.1million innocent civilians?
    becuase he was a general fighting a miltary coup/ civil war and did not fight under any such doctrinal banner that islamits are driven by. if you bring up gowon , then you have to bring up Murtala Mohammed, a muslim who massacred women and chldren animalistically in nigeria - noone is referring to this an islamic act however.

What about Palestine right now? Does anyoneactually know how many Palestinians were killed by Israel? I’ll tell you... 5,100,000 Palestinians were killed since1948 including innocent children ...
    that includes all causalties of 3 wars of invasions attempted by egypt, lebanon syria etc over 50 years , so your figures are disingenuous.

if you are talking about casualties today - for every palestinian thats killed by israel - at least 10 times as many ppl are killed by islamic terrorists - but muslims seem to want to ignore this fact

Doesanyone pay attention that the fact MUSLIMS are being killed too and not killersthemselves?
    yes by islamic radicals

Personally, I am totally against killing as a whole and believethat ISIS is trash! I can’t believe that Islam...a religion that brought peace
    what peace?

and is the fastest growing religion...
    so what ?

is now been represented by a bunch ofuneducated, sick, mentally ill, murdering hooligans. These people broughtIslamaphobia up...these people are inhumane!! ISIS did not only kill nonmuslims but killed many muslims too...it’s not just the non muslims thats havebeen targeted...these inhumane hooligans love murdering people and enjoy seeingthat. That disgusts me! We muslims are victims too. I’m sick of seeing hatredcomments out there and how people think its ok to insult the religion and to insultour prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Have you ever actually met a muslim? Talked tothem? Have you ever asked or tried to understand the religion and why thesehooligans decided to act this way? No you haven’t...so instead to assume thatthe whole religion is bad and who ever practises it is a terrorist !!?? Am I aterrorist?! I’m a muslim and I stand against terrorism. I am a muslim and Istand for peace and love in this world..
    just becuase they are 'hooligans' doesnt mean they havent been inspired by islamic doctrine as all islamist groups around the world have. IS arnt hthe only groups causing attrocites, there are at least hundred other islamic terrorist groups which you seem silent on.. they have polticised islam just as you have just tried to do re Palestine, which is the crux of the problem. islam like any faith should purely be a personal source of spirtual fulfilment, but many muslims want to preach and link their faith to geo politcal matters , which is what causes problems for all sorts of other matters and therefore gives all muslims a bad name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    The wars weren't "against Islam"

The wars were CAUSED by islam

"When the apostle openly displayed Islam as Allah ordered him, his people did not withdraw or turn against him, so far as I have heard, until he spoke disparagingly of their gods. When he did that, they took great offence and resolved unanimously to treat him as an enemy. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 167), "[Muhammad] declared Islam publicly to his fellow tribesmen. When he did so, they did not withdraw from him or reject him in any way, as far as I have heard, until he spoke of their gods and denounced them." (al-Tabari Vol.VI, p.93)

Although asked to stop, Muhammad continued to stir up trouble by “condemning” the local religion, causing the Meccans great anxiety:
    [The Meccans] said they had never known anything like the trouble they had endured from this fellow. He had declared their mode of life foolish, insulted their forefathers, reviled their religion, divided the community and cursed their gods (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 183)."We [the Meccans] have never seen the like of what we have endured from this man [Muhammad]. He has derided our traditional values, abused our forefathers, reviled our religion, caused division among us, and insulted our gods. We have endured a great deal from him." (al-Tabari, Vol.VI p.101)"

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...-religion.aspx

"When he got to the mosque [Hamza] saw [Abu Jahl] sitting among the people, and went up to him until he stood over him, when he lifted up his bow and struck him a violent blow with it, saying, 'Will you insult him when I follow his religion, and say what he says? Hit me back if you can!' (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 185)."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...rst-blood.aspx
    Of course I would expect that from a site that goes against Islam and the prophet muhammed peace be upon him..

How can I know it's not biased?...You can believe what ever you want....There are always haters out there that are going to criticize your religion ...why should I care..My duty as a muslim is to spread the message of peace and love and anyone who goes against that...well that's their choice not mine. However it does not allow anyone to show disrespect against the religion and people who practice it because clearly I'm not the one who caused the terrorist attacks in the world so therefore I am just like YOU ..an innocent civilian who has high expectations for my career and future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    This is nothing but a bunch of apologists trying to shift the blame using "but what about this..." arguments. The simple fact is this, Christians don't take the Bible 100% literally, but most Muslims take the Qu'ran 100% literally.
    Islam is perhaps the only religion that teaches true morality, peace and tolerance so to say a Muslim translates the Quran literally is a compliment as you are just saying that they are the best a human being could be

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would expect that from a site that goes against Islam and the prophet muhammed peace be upon him..

How can I know it's not biased?...You can believe what ever you want....There are always haters out there that are going to criticize your religion ...why should I care..My duty as a muslim is to spread the message of peace and love and anyone who goes against that...well that's their choice not mine. However it does not allow anyone to show disrespect against the religion and people who practice it because clearly I'm not the one who caused the terrorist attacks in the world so therefore I am just like YOU ..an innocent civilian who has high expectations for my career and future.

Biased?

LMAOOOOOOOO.

The verses are directly from your religious books. The site specifically states that you read the verses yourself. How on earth can it be biased?

LOL, you're funny.

I accept the fact that you're trying to spread Peace and Love. But connecting it with Islam is just wrong and false. The sooner you and many others understand this, the better the word will become.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    Your religion is so perfect and peaceful.

NOT
    :boring: what's next? Enlighten me with ur hate comments...Is that what Christianity taught you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    Islam is perhaps the only religion that teaches true morality, peace and tolerance
    why do you say that - and why do you think noone believes that to be the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123;63651163[b)
    ]Islam is perhaps the only religion that teaches true morality, peace and tolerance [/b]so to say a Muslim translates the Quran literally is a compliment as you are just saying that they are the best a human being could be

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lies::lies::lies::lies::lies::lies::lies:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    Biased?

LMAOOOOOOOO.

The verses are directly from your religious books. The site specifically states that you read the verses yourself. How on earth can it be biased?

LOL, you're funny.

I accept the fact that you're trying to spread Peace and Love. But connecting it with Islam is just wrong and false. The sooner you and many others understand this, the better the word will become.
    Never knew I was related to micheal mcintyre :dry::erm:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    why do you say that - and why do you think noone believes that to be the case
    Well that's the point....we can't prove that at the moment because of some murdering hooligans killing in the name of islam which is by far NOT RIGHT!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    in our societies, religions can be freely debated and criticised, even in harsh terms.

This is a state of fact. You can of course try (by peaceful, democratic means) to change this situation, but most of us consider this to be one of our fundamental rights and freedoms. One we have attained after centuries of fights and sacrifices.
    Well it will change so you better soon get used to it
    you are deluded . In our systems, the majority does not adapt to the minority : it's rather the other way round

as to those who want to change our system by violence, it's up to the State to uphold the rule of law : and this will be made increasingly clear to anyone who will try to adopt that way

best

ReputationRep:
    Hold on right there!!!! you have reached ur limits...dont you dare say us muslims behave that way....who are you to judge a majority over the actions of a minority??!! Just because some extremists think it's right to do that ...dose't mean all think that...and plus those verses of the quran were from centuries and centuries ago when war often did occur against Islam...Look at the old testament of the bible and it's violent quotes which have been removed in the new testament...the Quran remained untouched for soo many thousands of years and any violent quotes in the quran was relevant to people who lived in those centuries and not now!
    Who am I to judge? I'm a chemical physicist who has the read bible, Qu'ran, many Hadith, Torah and the historical documents from around the time of Islam's creation and later subjugation of the ancient ME. I'm a scientist who used the scientific method to analyse the nature of each of these religions and their histories in order to better understand the situation in the ME. I'm someone who belongs to none of these religions and whose job it is to provide unbiased judgments of phenomena and answers to life's questions.

As such, I found that Islam has never been the defending party in any of it's conflicts. It has always been the antagonist. Zinan provided some quotes to show this, but I've also got some things to share. Here's my post on a previous thread about this subject. In it I've detailed the events that unfolded during the beginning of Mohammad's (pbuh) 'prophet-hood' and involving the Muslim conquest of Mecca.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post63315099

ReputationRep:
    Islam is perhaps the only religion that teaches true morality, peace and tolerance so to say a Muslim translates the Quran literally is a compliment as you are just saying that they are the best a human being could be
    Yes, because having sex with 9 year olds and stoning people to death for not agreeing with you is moral. Sod off mate.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's the point....we can't prove that at the moment because of some murdering hooligans killing in the name of islam which is by far NOT RIGHT!!
    well firstly , pretty much all religions preach some form of tollerance and peace ( and some much more imperitively than islam, with less of the beheading and burning in purgatory) so the claim fails that hurdle

then does anyone beleive that being islamic = being peaceful ? well no unless youre a muslims yourself (and therefore bound by the doctrine to promote the religion and not critisise it) anybody with a computer or a library card can look up the 1400 year old history of islam - it isnt all flowers roses and meditation thats for sure

ReputationRep:
    Who am I to judge? I'm a chemical physicist who has the read bible, Qu'ran, many Hadith, Torah and the historical documents from around the time of Islam's creation and later subjugation of the ancient ME. I'm a scientist who used the scientific method to analyse the nature of each of these religions and their histories in order to better understand the situation in the ME. I'm someone who belongs to none of these religions and whose job it is to provide unbiased judgments of phenomena and answers to life's questions.

As such, I found that Islam has never been the defending party in any of it's conflicts. It has always been the antagonist. Zinan provided some quotes to show this, but I've also got some things to share. Here's my post on a previous thread about this subject. In it I've detailed the events that unfolded during the beginning of Mohammad's (pbuh) 'prophet-hood' and involving the Muslim conquest of Mecca.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post63315099
    Scientist ??! what is ur name and what publications have you made regarding "your research"

ReputationRep:
    This is nothing but a bunch of apologists trying to shift the blame using "but what about this..." arguments. The simple fact is this, Christians don't take the Bible 100% literally, but most Muslims take the Qu'ran 100% literally.
    And just so you know, so much war has occurred under Buddhism, Mongolia, China, parts of Indonesia, India and so on. It is a violent religion with a dark history

ReputationRep:
    And just so you know, so much war has occurred under Buddhism, Mongolia, China, parts of Indonesia, India and so on. It is a violent religion with a dark history
    nothing like as much as under islam though. im fairly as of today there is some violent on going conflict between islamic groups and very other religion on the planet earth. can this solely be blamed on 'hooligans'

ReputationRep:
    The Quran contains totally unacceptable verses, which authorise amputations, cutting off limbs on opposite sides , crucifixions, which discriminate against non_muslims, calls them the most evil of creatures, authorise domestic violence, impose discriminatory tax burdens, attack homosexuality, etc etc; the Sahih ahadith are even worse (execution of apostates, of war prisoners, of adulterers, exclusion of women from places of political power etc etc)

Then, you have also the peaceful verses ... so, there is something for everyone. This however does not mean that we can overlook the hateful parts : it's these hateful parts that inspire terrorists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    The Quran contains totally unacceptable verses, which authorise amputations, cutting off limbs on opposite sides , crucifixions, which discriminate against non_muslims, calls them the most evil of creatures, authorise domestic violence, impose discriminatory tax burdens, attack homosexuality, etc etc; the Sahih ahadith are even worse (execution of apostates, of war prisoners, of adulterers, exclusion of women from places of political power etc etc)

Then, you have also the peaceful verses ... so, there is something for everyone. This however does not mean that we can overlook the hateful parts : it's these hateful parts that inspire terrorists

And because of these terrorists...People blame the whole religion into being violent and the whole Quran into teaching violence...that is what i was trying to get across

ReputationRep:
    .the Quran remained untouched for soo many thousands of years and any violent quotes in the quran was relevant to people who lived in those centuries and not now!
    this is what Muslim "modernists" say ; however, most Muslims will tell you that the Quranic revelation is valid for all times and all places

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.