Refugees in Europe might suffer from PTSD? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    proof or its a bigoted stereotype
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/67020/gende...orst-countries

You're very welcome sweetheart.

ReputationRep:
    DID I NOT SAY IN MY OP THAT I DID NOT WANT TO JUSTIFY SEXUAL ASSAULT AT ALL?

:rolleyes:
    You were hinting that refugees (and I'll tell you this now sweetheart, many of them aren't refugees at all, just gimmegrants) have PTSD and they react to things emotionally and crazily.

PTSD doesn't cause someone to assault women, rob them and leave them with a horrific experience they will never forget.

Those are the ones who will have PTSD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    You were hinting that refugees (and I'll tell you this now sweetheart, many of them aren't refugees at all, just gimmegrants) have PTSD and they react to things emotionally and crazily.

PTSD doesn't cause someone to assault women, rob them and leave them with a horrific experience they will never forget.

Those are the ones who will have PTSD.
    I said in my OP that I was referring to rioting and somewhat harsh crimes but not rape.

ReputationRep:
    This one claims 20-50% http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/syrian-...ptsd-1.2673341

and as I've said, there is a lot of research that you can easily find yourself on this topic
    Firstly that isn't a study it's a news report.

Secondly it claims 10-15% of adults.

Link a study the onus is on you to provide a credible source scientifically as you want to label them with a medical condition.

If and when you do that satisfactorily we can then laugh at you trying to link PTSD to the crimes and social issues these migrants have brought to Europe......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/67020/gende...orst-countries

You're very welcome sweetheart.
    based on what, parliamentary representation? the UK came lower than South Africa (who have higher rates of sexual assaults) for that, I suppose its Assad's fault that they don't have democratic representation for men and women.

ReputationRep:
    I said in my OP that I was referring to rioting and somewhat harsh crimes but not rape.
    PTSD doesn't not cause rioting, name another crime

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So stabbing someone and taking their life when you have PTSD is completely justifiable?

I'm sorry but no. Look up the symptoms for PTSD before you make the statements you made. I also find it hilarious you called me a bigot when I stated a fact- Middle Eastern countries don't do well at all with gender equality and things like that.

ReputationRep:
    based on what, parliamentary representation? the UK came lower than South Africa (who have higher rates of sexual assaults) for that, I suppose its Assad's fault that they don't have democratic representation for men and women.
    Look up on Wikipedia's main chart for gender equality. Syria did terribly- 145th ranking or something.

I suggest you read the book "A God who hates". It really opens your eyes up on how most men in the Middle East view women before you make any naive remarks.

As for countries, who don't want to take in migrants, good on them! At least they're worried about their own people first.

ReputationRep:
    are you saying that their culture is responsible for crime stats? I think there is a lot to understand about petty crime, poverty and lack of job opportunities and mental health some of them.
    Apart from the study from Denmark that standardised for age and socioeconomic conditions and still found significantly higher rates of crime from immigrants first and second from turkey, Pakistan, Morocco and Somalia. Similarly a Finnish study found socioeconomic issues had a modest impact on crime rate even though immigarnts from backgrounds such as those mentioned had a significantly higher crime rate for certain crimes.

And it isn't an immigration issue, immigration from the USA but also from China and Japan all showed significantly lower crimes rates, usually lower than the national average, and on occasion lower than the native average.

http://euc.sagepub.com/content/12/6/681
    http://www.dst.dk/Site/Dst/Udgivelse...3&sid=indv2015
    (Translation tools will be required)
    https://web.archive.org/web/20130208...c/180309_1.htm

PTSD and other mental health issues may have caused an increase in crime rates but it is already on top of an increased crime rate, one that isn't easily explained away by poverty and lack of jobs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.