Turn on thread page Beta

Prenups- yay or nay watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Will you be getting one?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    32.14%
    Undecided
    17.86%

ReputationRep:
    Will you be getting one,if and when you do get married? And if so,why?

ReputationRep:
    All the way yes. Why the hell should the woman get half of my **** if we got divorced even if she caused the divorce.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, for both parties if you have assets to protect, it's not about trust it's about trying to keep things as clean as possible if it comes down to divorce, it's not like you're anticipating breaking up, you're just being careful and frankly I'd want my partner to be sensible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    All the way yes. Why the hell should the woman get half of my **** if we got divorced even if she caused the divorce.
    Fair enough,securing one's finances is important

ReputationRep:
    lol... Had this discussion today :rofl:
    Pretty much with how the world is today... Got "convinced" :ninja: that it's "safer" to have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Yay, for both parties if you have assets to protect, it's not about trust it's about trying to keep things as clean as possible if it comes down to divorce, it's not like you're anticipating breaking up, you're just being careful and frankly I'd want my partner to be sensible
    You sort of are though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    lol... Had this discussion today :rofl:
    Pretty much with how the world is today... Got "convinced" :ninja: that it's "safer" to have one.
    Were you against it before?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you do not know that but they are not legally binding in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cashmere_Cat)
    You sort of are though?
    In a way,yes.. Anyway I always thought marriage was about what's mine is yours and what's yours is a mine sort of thing
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't intend to marry, but if I am tricked into agreeing to it I pray to the Olmec Dragon that I do have one so she can't take - and you need to think of Eddie Murphy's famous stand up here - HALF!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they are useless in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Will you be getting one,if and when you do get married? And if so,why?
    Divorce laws in the West are a joke tbh.

You often hear about cases where the wife cheats on the husband, she then files for divorce when she's found out, and yet she still ends up with half his stuff. Ridiculous

If you a man you need to get a prenup, because same woman that's telling you now you're the best thing that's ever happened to her, is the same woman that's gonna be telling you to give her half your chit 4 - 7 years from now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_seven-year_itch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cashmere_Cat)
    You sort of are though?
    No, you're just prepared for the possibility which is there regardless of how strong you are as a couple, especially now when the divorce rate is 1 in 2 couples

ReputationRep:
    Its necessary. Women are very good at deception, they will lower your credit rating before you even know it or force you to pay child support and be the baby daddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gucci Mane.)
    Divorce laws in the West are a joke tbh.

You often hear about cases where the wife cheats on the husband, she then files for divorce when she's found out, and yet she still ends up with half his stuff. Ridiculous

If you a man you need to get a prenup, because same woman that's telling you now you're the best thing that's ever happened to her, is the same woman that's gonna be telling you to give her half your chit 4 - 7 years from now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_seven-year_itch
    Isn't that abit pessimistic if you're already starting the marriage with what ifs. I know some people like to prepare for the worst,especially as marriage is costly

ReputationRep:
    If you're going into marriage with doubts and what ifs or just incases, you're already breaking vows that you made before God....don't get married.

ReputationRep:
    Are prenups even legal in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glebp)
    Its necessary. Women are very good at deception, they will lower your credit rating before you even know it or force you to pay child support and be the baby daddy.
    Women can ask for prenups too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    If you're going into marriage with doubts and what ifs or just incases, you're already breaking vows that you made before God....don't get married.
    I can't speak for anybody else, but for me it would seem entering a marriage with doubts is a natural response to one of the biggest commitments you'll make in your life. Some people don't make vows before God, though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.