Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Prenups- yay or nay watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Will you be getting one?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    32.14%
    Undecided
    17.86%

ReputationRep:
    I am married and I don't have one. If my wife one day wants to take me for half I don't GAF really. She can have it all. It's only money.

ReputationRep:
    Well at the moment it is controversial whether the court will even uphold a pre-nup; they are pretty controversial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    No. They're pretty unenforceable in the UK
    This. Not just a silly way of approaching a 'till death do us part' sacred bond (made before God) but also not worth the paper they're written on :rolleyes:

(Original post by queen-bee)
    What if you have children together,should men still be required to pay child support after the divorce?
    Men are obliged to pay child support irrespective of marriage, original desire to have the child, or even consent during the act of consummation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    This. Not just a silly way of approaching a 'till death do us part' sacred bond (made before God) but also not worth the paper they're written on :rolleyes:

Men are obliged to pay child support irrespective of marriage, original desire to have the child, or even consent during the act of consummation
    Marriages these days are rarely death do us part :rolleyes:

Good good,I don't know why some complain about having to pay child support

ReputationRep:
    Marriages these days are rarely death do us part :rolleyes:
    Hence a large proportion of those people really shouldn't be entering into matrimony in the first place :rolleyes:

Good good
    Excuse me?

I don't know why some complain about having to pay child support
    Consider rights vs. responsibilities (e.g responsibilities without much in the way of rights, seems like a bum deal to me). I've personally known men who have been shafted by the system/women in this way. Sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Hence a large proportion of those people really shouldn't be entering into matrimony in the first place :rolleyes:

Excuse me?

Consider rights vs. responsibilities (e.g responsibilities without much in the way of rights, seems like a bum deal to me). I've personally known men who have been shafted by the system/women in this way. Sucks
    Agreed!

Huh? I was just agreeing with your statement about men paying child support regardless of anything else

Well that's not nice

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even get married altogether because of the risks of half of my **** getting taken
    but if I were to get married, it would be the only option - yes
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Will you be getting one,if and when you do get married? And if so,why?
    No - I'm not planning on a divorce, and it'd be like setting yourself up for failure. If I want to marry someone I'm going to be 100% sure we want to be together so we won't need a prenup.
    Also, btw, from my knowledge of other couples who have been married for decades, go to marriage counselling. Catholics have to and it's definitely effective in showing which couples are going to fall apart within the first few months/years.

DRINK!!

ReputationRep:
    I was just agreeing with your statement about men paying child support regardless of anything else

Well that's not nice
    Correct. It's morally wrong! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    "It's something that you need to have, coz when she leave your ass she gon leave with half" - Yeezus Christ

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I am married and I don't have one. If my wife one day wants to take me for half I don't GAF really. She can have it all. It's only money.
    Lol good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes my company would be crippled in a divorce fight so i'd have to keep the whole thing separate from my personal collections which only components obtained within the relationship duration are eligible for battle

ReputationRep:
    most definitely. Especially given how selfish and greedy women in the west are becoming

ReputationRep:
    Yep definitely. If I get a divorce I don't want the woman into get a single penny of my hard earned cash, no way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nile.)
    "It's something that you need to have, coz when she leave your ass she gon leave with half" - Yeezus Christ

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But he hasn't doesn't even have a prenup,so if he and Kim ever do get divorced,she's most certainly taking half of his stuff

ReputationRep:
    But he hasn't doesn't even have a prenup,so if he and Kim ever do get divorced,she's most certainly taking half of his stuff
    they do have a prenup.

ReputationRep:
    No, me and my partner aren't getting one when we get married. Even if we were well off, we still wouldn't get one I don't think.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by M14B)
    Maybe you do not know that but they are not legally binding in the UK
    You should qualify that. They are not legally binding, but if one exists hey are the starting point and are generally adhered to by the court unless they think they are unfair.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Yep definitely. If I get a divorce I don't want the woman into get a single penny of my hard earned cash, no way!
    I doubt a pen nup like that would stand and the court would ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nile.)
    they do have a prenup.
    Ah so it seems,but he didn't want to get one apparently,it was all her idea. She's the one who wear the trousers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.