Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was at college and I've completed my AS. I dropped out during A2. I can either do my AS AGAIN and do a2 and go to uni or...well that's what I need help with because I'm not sure. I want to just do something for a year that will get me in to a uni studying religion and philosophy or peace studies or anthropology (anything on those lines).

I have CCD on AS
    9A*-C GCSES

can I do a level 3 btec out of the blue and will it last a year?
    Can I not find any possible way to just do A2 again?
    Why is this all so complicated?

Please for the love of god help me
    Bonita 😭
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by BonitaB)
    I was at college and I've completed my AS. I dropped out during A2. I can either do my AS AGAIN and do a2 and go to uni or...well that's what I need help with because I'm not sure. I want to just do something for a year that will get me in to a uni studying religion and philosophy or peace studies or anthropology (anything on those lines).

I have CCD on AS
    9A*-C GCSES

can I do a level 3 btec out of the blue and will it last a year?
    Can I not find any possible way to just do A2 again?
    Why is this all so complicated?

Please for the love of god help me
    Bonita 😭
    How old are you? If you are over 19 an access course could be your best option. I couldn't find any universities that would accept as grades and a Btec unless perhaps you would be happy doing a foundation year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    How old are you? If you are over 19 an access course could be your best option. I couldn't find any universities that would accept as grades and a Btec unless perhaps you would be happy doing a foundation year.
    I'm 18 and yes yes I'm sure that's perfect but could you please give me a little more information on what a foundation year is?
    I understand it is like an extra year of uni. Are there entry requirement that are restrictive to an early leaver of college?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by BonitaB)
    I'm 18 and yes yes I'm sure that's perfect but could you please give me a little more information on what a foundation year is?
    I understand it is like an extra year of uni. Are there entry requirement that are restrictive to an early leaver of college?
    It's an extra year for those who don't meet the entry requirements for the course normally, it would be difficult to find one that accepts just as but with you get another qualification on top you d have a greater chance of getting in.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.