Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm from an EU country and I'll be spending nearly the whole summer with my best friend in her apartment in Exeter, before I move to York to start uni in late September. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on where I could apply?

I'd really LOVE to work at Lush cosmetics but it doesn't seem like there's any open positions on their website and I found it all rather confusing, but I'd really like to do a summer job there! Or as a sales assistant in any store, I don't have any preference. I think I'd also be good at babysitting and dog walking, but I don't know how or where to advertise myself for that!

Thank you in advance! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for lush at
    https://uk.lush.com/careers
    If you didn't already find that.

Other options include:
    Tesco
    Sainsburys
    McDonalds
    SportsDirect
    Costa

Basically, find a big high street store, look around the home page of their website for 'Jobs' or 'Careers', its usually right at the bottom.

Dont let on that youre only there for the summer, unless its specifically a summer job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.