Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why's it weird and gross to eat dogs and cats? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing weird or wrong about eating cats and dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Go start your own thread somewhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why should they? It's relevant to the discussion.

OP. 2 ways of looking at it:

1. It's not wrong at all - other cultures do it. It's fine to eat any animal whatsoever. You're just in a society where it's regarded 'wrong' to eat a dog or a cat.
    2. It's completely wrong to eat any animal and people who are repulsed at eating a dog yet settle down to eat a roast dinner are complete hypocrites.

Personally, I'm in camp 2.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by the bear)
    you could branch out to Catford ?

:holmes:

:nyan:
    Haha, or go Wwoof-ing and cook my dishes for my hosts.

So many options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Why should they? It's relevant to the discussion.

OP. 2 ways of looking at it:

1. It's not wrong at all - other cultures do it. It's fine to eat any animal whatsoever. You're just in a society where it's regarded 'wrong' to eat a dog or a cat.
    2. It's completely wrong to eat any animal and people who are repulsed at eating a dog yet settle down to eat a roast dinner are complete hypocrites.

Personally, I'm in camp 2.
    This is what they wrote " Eating any animals is wrong and this is a fact and anyone who doesn't agree is a monster". They, presented it as a fact not an opinion. There are plenty of threads started that have in the title 'all meat eaters are monsters'. They usually descend into an immature mess after about 2 seconds. This is a thread about something that could actually be discussed in a mature way and the person whose post I replied to is clearly trying to stir things up and turn it into one of those threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is what they wrote " Eating any animals is wrong and this is a fact and anyone who doesn't agree is a monster". They, presented it as a fact not an opinion. There are plenty of threads started that have in the title 'all meat eaters are monsters'. They usually descend into an immature mess after about 2 seconds. This is a thread about something that could actually be discussed in a mature way and the person whose post I replied to is clearly trying to stir things up and turn it into one of those threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will inevitably be one of those threads. Every thread on this subject matter is because people have strong opinions on both sides. If you expect maturity on TSR I think you've come to the wrong place - it's vastly populated with teenagers and trolls.

ReputationRep:
    It will inevitably be one of those threads. Every thread on this subject matter is because people have strong opinions on both sides. If you expect maturity on TSR I think you've come to the wrong place - it's vastly populated with teenagers and trolls.
    I don't expect maturity at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect maturity at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a thread about something that could actually be discussed in a mature way and the person whose post I replied to is clearly trying to stir things up and turn it into one of those threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Odd, must be something wrong with your keyboard. It spelled mature when you typed ''typical internet''.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Chinese people them eat it, meat is meat to them I guess.
    Why do we consider it gross though? I asked someone and they said dog and cats are smarter then cows and chickens thus making it ok? Why exactly do we think its sick?...lol, I don't even know why I used to think it was sick.

would you ever at least try eating dog or cat?
    What if someone paid you a lot of money? Obviously this isn't a question for vegans and vegetarians.
    Dogs and cats are Carnivores, any animal that eats other animals is going to produce a tough, bland meat that also carries risks of parasites.

Good examples of animal meats:
    Chicken
    Beef
    Lamb

all of those animals eat plants and nothing more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I love eating cats. The reaction you get when you eat a cat, there is nothing like it. I eat cats so good.

Dogs are sometimes involved in the meal too and when I think of them on all fours while I am eating cats it just makes me so happy.

I like food :dontknow:
    Umm...your material needs some work.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    Umm...your material needs some work.
    I had some marginally better material later in the thread, but in general I'd agree :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I had some marginally better material later in the thread, but in general I'd agree :lol:
    Haha. Sorry, I sounded a bit *****y.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    Haha. Sorry, I sounded a bit *****y.
    :lol: It's cool.

I'm not fragile :nope:

ReputationRep:
    Odd, must be something wrong with your keyboard. It spelled mature when you typed ''typical internet''.
    I expected some maturity from the discussion. On the whole, I know TSR is a joke though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Dogs and cats are Carnivores, any animal that eats other animals is going to produce a tough, bland meat that also carries risks of parasites.

Good examples of animal meats:
    Chicken
    Beef
    Lamb

all of those animals eat plants and nothing more
    Awesome point. Do wild dogs though eat meat. Humans feed their dogs meat but in the wild do they oh ya wolfs eat meat nvm
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Chinese people them eat it, meat is meat to them I guess.
    Why do we consider it gross though? I asked someone and they said dog and cats are smarter then cows and chickens thus making it ok? Why exactly do we think its sick?...lol, I don't even know why I used to think it was sick.

would you ever at least try eating dog or cat?
    What if someone paid you a lot of money? Obviously this isn't a question for vegans and vegetarians.
    people who say shait like that should be eaten tutututu that's such an awful defence for dogs and cats

ReputationRep:
    Drives me crazy when people preach how wrong it is to each cats or dogs but will probably consume a turkey for their Sunday dinner that was from a battery farm and pet their dog or cat after. :unimpressed:

In all honesty, eating dog and cat in my Mum's country was down to having nothing else to eat as a result of poverty. In other countries, it's a delicacy. Over here, I'd point it to our society where cats and dogs are our pets... although that concept doesn't work when we keep fish but eat some of their relatives too :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    people who say shait like that should be eaten tutututu that's such an awful defence for dogs and cats
    ???? Don't tell me this is you saying too?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ???? Don't tell me this is you saying too?
    no it's like the sound you make when you smack your tongue on your teeth

ReputationRep:
    You probably have eaten some cat/dog if you've ever ordered/eaten Chinese food involving meat.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome point. Do wild dogs though eat meat. Humans feed their dogs meat but in the wild do they oh ya wolfs eat meat nvm
    lol I'm guessing you don't watch Planet Earth

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.