Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been offered some funding to do a masters at my uni but have applied to another place that I'd rather go (the unis are of about the same standard). I have a place at this second uni but no funding yet - however I know that they offer funding later.

The deadline for responding to the offer of funding that I have is very soon and I probably won't hear back (re funding) from the second uni before the deadline.

If I accept the funding from my uni, how big a problem would it be to turn it down if I were to get funding from the other uni?

Would really appreciate some help on this asap

Thanks so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Can you not just say that you've changed your mind? I have applied for three masters, got offers for all of them - accepted both of them. Even though I'm almost certain which uni I prefer, I still haven't declined the second offer as I'm not 101% sure and there's still few months... Got offered funding by both universities. How likely it is that you're going to get funding from the second university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mastersquery)
    Hi

I've been offered some funding to do a masters at my uni but have applied to another place that I'd rather go (the unis are of about the same standard). I have a place at this second uni but no funding yet - however I know that they offer funding later.

The deadline for responding to the offer of funding that I have is very soon and I probably won't hear back (re funding) from the second uni before the deadline.

If I accept the funding from my uni, how big a problem would it be to turn it down if I were to get funding from the other uni?

Thanks so much!!
    I heard that the funding for all masters via student finance england, was to become live mid april. I also have a place, but i have yet to arrange funding. Go with your heart?!?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by mastersquery)
    Hi

Thanks so much!!
    Ask if the deadline can be extended but if not then you're fine to accept an offer and then reject. Just make sure you do it as soon as you know.

(Original post by john2054)
    I heard that the funding for all masters via student finance england, was to become live mid april. I also have a place, but i have yet to arrange funding. Go with your heart?!?
    Unis still offer scholarships and there are other sources of funding at this level which is what the OP is probably talking about.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Do some research then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I would speak to someone in finance on a ni name basis and ask what happens or whats the best way to deal with sych a situation. That should give you enough guidance on how t proceed. its not in their interest to be messed around either, so maybe they an extend the deadline. Contact the other uni, explain and find out if they know when finace decision will be made.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by john2054)
    i am actually feeling very hurt about what you have done here. i hope you feel happy with yourself!
    No idea what you're on about. Sorry. I'm going to stop responding now as well coz I don't think you have a question or problem I can help you with at this point. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.