The Student Room Group

Free speech is truly dying

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Was your response to me saying "This guy did not incite hatred. He was not racist. He was not abusive. He was not threatening"

The police conclusion shows I was correct, and you were woefully wrong. Unlucky, i can see from your postings how difficult all this is for you, yano thinking clearly and logically without bias. Sucks to be you

He did incite hatred, he was racist, he was abusive and he was threatening.

It's just the police realised that it's a waste of time and a violation of free speech to charge someone with this sort of stuff. Please cut off this one-dimensional view of the problem.
Original post by Frank Underwood
He did incite hatred, he was racist, he was abusive and he was threatening.

It's just the police realised that it's a waste of time and a violation of free speech to charge someone with this sort of stuff. Please cut off this one-dimensional view of the problem.

Free speech does not allow you to incite hatred and be abusive and threatening. Clearly he did non of the above or he would be charged accordingly
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Free speech does not allow you to incite hatred and be abusive and threatening. Clearly he did non of the above or he would be charged accordingly

He referred to Muslims as "towel heads" on Twitter.

That quite clearly is abusive and inciting hatred.

He also asked a woman to explain Brussels based solely on hear appearance.

That is racist and threatening.

You don't know exactly why the charges were dropped, so you're not in a position to claim that he didn't commit those crimes.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending