Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just firmed my offer to study English at Bristol, so am now looking into applying for accommodation. I was just wondering if any current students could give me a general insight into what are considered the 'best'/nicest halls of res?

My main concern is over which area (Stoke Bishop, Clifton or City) - I've heard that Stoke Bishop is most student concentrated, but know this may not necessarily be true! I'm not actually certain whether I'll go catered/self-catered yet, but so far a couple of the residences I've thought look decent are Wills, Goldney, Hiatt Baker and Manor Hall - I know price range varies greatly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3547941

Is the accom thread and the past few pages address most of your Qs!

Stoke Bishop does indeed have most students.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend lived at Wills and I visited her there quite a few times. Wills accommodation really blew me away, such beautiful architecture, really social, near other halls, a short walk from the uni sports ground (Coombe Dingle), a bus stop right outside the halls to get into Bristol city center and its right by the downs. She loved it there, but warning it is very popular and often over subscribed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.