Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did anything happen recently ?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like you might be overthinking it. That just sounds like general behaviour a friend. But, if you are interested in him then ask him out.

The other night i saw him after being apart for 5 months. No attraction seems to have changed for what i have for him, tried to forget it and convince myself he has no interest but now I'm unsure again. As soon as he saw me he came over to me was like hey!!🙂 then at midnight when everyone was hugging saying happy new year he was hovering behind me and was waiting to hug me and I turned around and he hugged me and then tried to include my friend in the hug ( to not make it obvious. ).. later - a guy who fancies me sent me snapchats but he's been horrible to me in the past and the guy I like knows this and said make him jealous and piss him off " take a picture with me". Then we went to the pub and he followed us in there and was hovering around us again and then we went to another pub and in the second pub he was literally following me around all night. He stood on the sofa in the pub and was looking around ahead trying to see me and once he looked at me he walked straight over to me and started standing close up to me, and then like starting leaning on me against this wall.. then he found me again 10 mins later and stood next to me again and I started asking him about his gym and his clothes 😉 then he sat with me on the sofa and we took a video together where he was leaning on me and our faces were so close. Then my coat was on my knee and I was feeling brave so I like held his hand underneath my coat but I'm worried incase he didn't want that but I held it for 10 minutes and he didn't pull away. I messaged him but his response was General and all night he was away from his friends and mostly on his own with me but never tries much to start the conversations, but puts himself in a place where I can begin them. Thoughts???

someone please help! any thoughts or advice on what i should do?

like does this guy like me or is he just messing with me?

ReputationRep:
    I read what u said above, i feel like some bits are missing from what u explained it don't quite add up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    like does this guy like me or is he just messing with me?
    He definitely likes you !! If he follows you and goes round searching for you and expects to be with you on New Years

(Original post by melanies321)
    I read what u said above, i feel like some bits are missing from what u explained it don't quite add up
    which parts don't add up?

He definitely likes you !! If he follows you and goes round searching for you and expects to be with you on New Years
    do you think so? what else do you think makes it seem like he does? like what other signs sound promising?

do you think so? what else do you think makes it seem like he does? like what other signs sound promising?
    You should of faced his way when your face was so close and looked at him and he would of probably leaned in for a kiss haha

which parts don't add up?
    I agree is there anything else that happened that night ?

You should of faced his way when your face was so close and looked at him and he would of probably leaned in for a kiss haha
    so you honestly think he likes me and that i'm not overthinking?

ReputationRep:
    so you honestly think he likes me and that i'm not overthinking?
    Yeah I think that he likes you , similar thing happened to my friend

And the anonymous above agreed with me that there is something missing ^

I agree is there anything else that happened that night ?
    Well he hugged me at midnight and was hovering around waiting to pluck up the courage to hug me, but ended up including my friend in the hug to keep his attraction not as obvious to everyone else. As soon as he saw me and my friend, he came straight over (but in a shy calm way) and started talking to us and said hey, but he would mostly ask my friend things, and i think this is because he is nervous around me as he has done this before. He was quieter around me than my friend to begin with until i started talking/questioning him but he was standing very close to me, rather than close to my friend. He wanted to have a photo with me, since i told him a mean guy (he knows this guy and doesnt like him because of how this mean guy has been with me) kept sending me snapchats and so he said "take a picture with me!" to make him jealous. and then said " see, that will annoy him/show him!" Then he followed me and my friend into a pub 10 mins later and then he followed us in the next pub and was hovering around us again and he was literally following me around all night. He stood on the sofa in the pub and was looking around the room ahead trying to look out for me, since there was so many people. once he found me he walked straight over to me and leant against the wall near me, but then the people dancing got pushed into me so i ended up leaning against him (accidentally) and so we were very close then.

He went to the bar and then walked in saw me again and stared directly at me as he was walking in and then stood next to me, i was on my own at this point. Everytime he would stand next to me i would have to start the conversations, but my friend has always told me hes not very talkative/good at conversations, but he is good at putting himself in positions for me to start the conversation ( e.g like being with me all night instead of with his friends) I didn't see him with his friends at all in the pub, he was either on his own until he found me or at the bar.

He sat with me on the sofa and i suggested we take a funny video, where he leant in and touched my face on the video with the side of his face, and put his arm round me. Then my coat was on my knee and I was feeling brave so I like held his hand underneath my coat.

I held it and stuff for 10 mins but then was but worried incase he didn't want that but he didn't pull away. I always wondered whether nothing happened between us before because he is always concerned about his friendship group, which i'm not really in ( but his friends are nice.) But he added a photo of me and him together, faces touching which all his friends could see. so surely he can't be embarrased by me? Another reason is that i'm at uni and he is working so i think he doesn't know if there is any point finding a relationship.

then my friend needed the toliet so we went to the loo but then they kicked everyone out because it was closing time, and i couldn't see him anywhere to say goodbye.

I messaged him a few days later but his response was General and he just said " it was good to catch up with everyone.?" all night he was away from his friends and mostly on his own with me. A certain girl in his friendship group fancies him, but im sure he doesnt fancy her because he was trying to find me all night not her.

that is the full story basically of what happened that night

Yeah I think that he likes you , similar thing happened to my friend

And the anonymous above agreed with me that there is something missing ^
    did they end up dating in the end? I have said below to the anoymous everything

Well he hugged me at midnight and was hovering around waiting to pluck up the courage to hug me, but ended up including my friend in the hug to keep his attraction not as obvious to everyone else. As soon as he saw me and my friend, he came straight over (but in a shy calm way) and started talking to us and said hey, but he would mostly ask my friend things, and i think this is because he is nervous around me as he has done this before. He was quieter around me than my friend to begin with until i started talking/questioning him but he was standing very close to me, rather than close to my friend. He wanted to have a photo with me, since i told him a mean guy (he knows this guy and doesnt like him because of how this mean guy has been with me) kept sending me snapchats and so he said "take a picture with me!" to make him jealous. and then said " see, that will annoy him/show him!" Then he followed me and my friend into a pub 10 mins later and then he followed us in the next pub and was hovering around us again and he was literally following me around all night. He stood on the sofa in the pub and was looking around the room ahead trying to look out for me, since there was so many people. once he found me he walked straight over to me and leant against the wall near me, but then the people dancing got pushed into me so i ended up leaning against him (accidentally) and so we were very close then.

He went to the bar and then walked in saw me again and stared directly at me as he was walking in and then stood next to me, i was on my own at this point. Everytime he would stand next to me i would have to start the conversations, but my friend has always told me hes not very talkative/good at conversations, but he is good at putting himself in positions for me to start the conversation ( e.g like being with me all night instead of with his friends) I didn't see him with his friends at all in the pub, he was either on his own until he found me or at the bar.

He sat with me on the sofa and i suggested we take a funny video, where he leant in and touched my face on the video with the side of his face, and put his arm round me. Then my coat was on my knee and I was feeling brave so I like held his hand underneath my coat.

I held it and stuff for 10 mins but then was but worried incase he didn't want that but he didn't pull away. I always wondered whether nothing happened between us before because he is always concerned about his friendship group, which i'm not really in ( but his friends are nice.) But he added a photo of me and him together, faces touching which all his friends could see. so surely he can't be embarrased by me? Another reason is that i'm at uni and he is working so i think he doesn't know if there is any point finding a relationship.

then my friend needed the toliet so we went to the loo but then they kicked everyone out because it was closing time, and i couldn't see him anywhere to say goodbye.

I messaged him a few days later but his response was General and he just said " it was good to catch up with everyone.?" all night he was away from his friends and mostly on his own with me. A certain girl in his friendship group fancies him, but im sure he doesnt fancy her because he was trying to find me all night not her.

that is the full story basically of what happened that night
    If he likes you (I think he really does) , why doesn't he show it in front of his friends ? What's his motive ? You know ...

And the fact he didn't pull away when you held his hand and the take a picture with me bit aswell just shows

I think just let more things build up then nudge him a little in the sense that he will ask u out because I'm sure you wouldn't want to

ReputationRep:
    did they end up dating in the end? I have said below to the anoymous everything
    Yeah I can tell u the story if you wanna private message me how everything went down I'm sure you will think it's the same thing as you haha
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Unless you say something to him you are never going to find out

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Unless you say something to him you are never going to find out
    But I can't just ask him because he is working and I'm at uni and he is bad on social networks with messaging and things and he seems to struggle making conversation in real life sometimes too. I told him it was great to see him and he replied with " yeah it was great to see everyone hope you have a good year?"

Yeah I can tell u the story if you wanna private message me how everything went down I'm sure you will think it's the same thing as you haha

Ah happy for your friend! Sadly I don't think it will work out for me that way and sorry I don't want to private message, your advice on here is great!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.