The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
just worried cause hes not that great at conversation so worried incase we get awkward silences on the walk :frown: maybe i should suggest cinema then a drink idk

Yeah cinema is good because after you can talk about the movie
i'm so worried about asking him, so does pretty much everyone think he likes me? im scared of rejection

I think ask him already haha! And then you will stop thinking about the what if and actually have him
I think ask him already haha! And then you will stop thinking about the what if and actually have him

haha okay thanks :smile: or 99.9 percent ask and not have him :'( got a bad gut feeling
haha okay thanks :smile: or 99.9 percent ask and not have him :'( got a bad gut feeling

Well atleast you know you've tried and at least you know where you stand .. Instead of constantly thinking about it
I love this thread (even if it turns out to just be an expertly crafted troll).

The high drama of teenagedom.

ASK HIM!
Well atleast you know you've tried and at least you know where you stand .. Instead of constantly thinking about it

i asked and he said sorry twice and that is is away up north this week, which i know would be true ( but i didnt think he was going away all week, just for 2/3 days? ) as he told me the other night when i saw him.

but he never said " when are you home again?" or " some other time maybe" but he gave me a polite answer and said sorry twice. I don't understand him at all. Is he nervous? is he shy? is he lying? or is he just awkward ugh
He's awkward.

When I was a lad I was cute but very nervous around girls. It was even so much as to have had two different ones undress themselves and beg me to have sex with them (and I declined despite wanting to).

So, boys are not always good at indicating their interest properly.

But, you've tried and that was good for you since now you can relax a little.
You could tell him that you'd like to get together the next time you are back home and say when it would be. If he does not respond to that then we can safely say he isn't not interested or he is too afraid for some reason or another.
Original post by FranktheYank
He's awkward.

When I was a lad I was cute but very nervous around girls. It was even so much as to have had two different ones undress themselves and beg me to have sex with them (and I declined despite wanting to).

So, boys are not always good at indicating their interest properly.

But, you've tried and that was good for you since now you can relax a little.
You could tell him that you'd like to get together the next time you are back home and say when it would be. If he does not respond to that then we can safely say he isn't not interested or he is too afraid for some reason or another.

I see what you mean and it did take him 1.5 years to ask his last girlfriend out. I said "okay no problem, have fun!" and he ignored the message and it just upsets me because its almost like i've admitted i like him, because when a guy gets a message from a girl saying " lets go for a drink/see a film at night" its clearly not really as friends ( espeically since i'm not in his friendship group.) So it took a lot of courage for me to ask him that, and he ignored that message ^ and i know its not like it was a question that he needed to reply to, but to be honest i don't get why he didn't say " some other time though." or " when you next home." It''s not like he needs to be nervous now because i've pretty much admitted i like him.
AAnd i just can't work him out. Like he always replies fast to me so its like hes glad ive messaged him, but i don't get it. I thought if he liked me he would reschedule or make an effort, no matter how shy he is. But then why be like this me for like a year, and everyone on here and all my friends and (family!) say he definitely likes me. the only reason i can think of is the fact that i'm away from home and he will be soon with work, so maybe he doesn't see the point in starting anything when we will be apart. But im close to home so he could easily see me regularly. Maybe he just thinks we might meet again somewhere in the future by chance, but now i've asked him this i'm worried it has ruined our friendship. Also i'm worried incase he has told all his friends because if he has they have probably all just laughed at me.
what doeseveryone think of the situation now? do you think he'll think i'm weird :'(
It is no big deal if you ask someone out and they say no. Maybe they aren't interested. Maybe they are interested but have something with someone else at the moment. Maybe they are interested but are focused on something else in their life. Maybe they are confused about whether they are interested or not. There are infinite reasons.

It's nothing weird and if people laugh at you for being brave enough to put yourself out there then they are immauture.

You could try a few more times when you are home to see if he wants to get together but if he doesn't respond favorably then it is time to move on.

You are a sweet, plucky girl (or expert troll) and I'm sure many guys are going to be interested.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FranktheYank
It is no big deal if you ask someone out and they say no. Maybe they aren't interested. Maybe they are interested but have something with someone else at the moment. Maybe they are interested but are focused on something else in their life. Maybe they are confused about whether they are interested or not. There are infinite reasons.

It's nothing weird and if people laugh at you for being brave enough to put yourself out there then they are immauture.

You could try a few more times when you are home to see if he wants to get together but if he doesn't respond favorably then it is time to move on.

You are a sweet, plucky girl (or expert troll) and I'm sure many guys are going to be interested.

Thanks :smile: i just feel like awkward now because i don't know whether i should have asked him. do you think that he likes me or that his behavoir suggests that he does? i think maybe he rejected me because he knows hes going away working and im away from home so maybe he knows he won't see me. But still if he really cared for me, distance shouldn''t matter.
Like everyone on here and in real life said he liked me so I don't understand why he said no. Or why he didn't reschedule.. I'm upset because I still can't stop thinking about him and stuff and I don't know what I can do
i still can't stop thinking about him :frown:
You are in love or obsessed. Maybe both.

It will pass in time (assuming he indeed does not want to go out next time you're home).
everyone still keeps telling me that he likes me and that they are sure of it. I know he wasn't lieing about going away this week. Maybe he didn't think to reschedule or was too scared to ask to meet another time other than this week, since i didn't suggest it in my message. everyone is so sure he likes me :frown: i don't know what i can do
Omg girl just message him and say "I hope your week out of town was good. I'll be back home such and such weekend if you are up for seeing a film then."
my friend thinks that he just doesn't want a commitment since he apologized twice that he couldn't meet that week. She thinks he 100% fancies me and likes me, but he just doesn't want a girlfriend and likes being single because maybe he doesn't like the effort and nerves that he gets with getting into a relationship. I can't forget him still tho.
my friend thinks that he just doesn't want a commitment since he apologized twice that he couldn't meet that week. She thinks he 100% fancies me and likes me, but he just doesn't want a girlfriend and likes being single because maybe he doesn't like the effort and nerves that he gets with getting into a relationship. I can't forget him still tho.

did you finally tell your friends? I think they can be a wingman
do any of you think he actually liked me like that? or was he just flirty?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending