Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm applying to do a postgrad 2016-17, and i want to apply for Paul Robeson House. My course (Gender Studies & Law) starts 2wks before official term starts, on 12th Sept. How long an accommodation contract do SOAS postgrads normally get, 38 or 51 wks?

ReputationRep:
    SOAS Student Helper
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Snuffbox)
    Hi guys, I'm applying to do a postgrad 2016-17, and i want to apply for Paul Robeson House. My course (Gender Studies & Law) starts 2wks before official term starts, on 12th Sept. How long an accommodation contract do SOAS postgrads normally get, 38 or 51 wks?
    Hi Snuffbox,

It is possible to have 38 or 51 week contracts, but I would advise you to get in touch with our SOAS accommodation adviser ([email protected]) about how accommodation is organised for your particular programme, with regard to the extra two weeks before the beginning of term.

All the best,

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOAS Student Helper)
    Hi Snuffbox,

It is possible to have 38 or 51 week contracts, but I would advise you to get in touch with our SOAS accommodation adviser ([email protected]) about how accommodation is organised for your particular programme, with regard to the extra two weeks before the beginning of term.

All the best,

Laura

Thank you very much, i have done . Also was just wondering if postgrads normally chose the 38wk option or the 51wk option, or if it just depends on the person?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Snuffbox)
    Thank you very much, i have done . Also was just wondering if postgrads normally chose the 38wk option or the 51wk option, or if it just depends on the person?
    Hi Snuffbox,

As taught masters courses last from September through to the following September, the 51 week option is the best option for postgraduate students who would like to stay in halls for the full length of their course.

Hope that helps! All the best.

Laura

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.