Announcements
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My brain despite having bad spacial awareness and sense of direction, somehow remember's the layout of train stations ridiculously easily and does the same thing for supermarkets.

What random stuff do you have a good knack for remembering?

ReputationRep:
    The first like five or so seconds of songs. Give me pretty much any semi-popular song and I can give you the title and artist within seconds (that's what happens when you listen to music too much!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by tolulah)
    The first like five or so seconds of songs. Give me pretty much any semi-popular song and I can give you the title and artist within seconds (that's what happens when you listen to music too much!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like a human Shazam then, I imagine that comes in handy for quizzes and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Long lists of numbers - phone numbers, applicant reference numbers, credit card numbers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    Long lists of numbers - phone numbers, applicant reference numbers, credit card numbers...
    Is that part of your job though if it is then thats not really random if not thats really weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Is that part of your job though if it is then thats not really random if not thats really weird.
    No, it's not part of my job.

ReputationRep:
    My memory isnt that good so I dont think I have a knack for.....what are we talking about again?

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon names though not so good now since I haven't played a pokemon game apart from ORAS in several years. Yr 6 I was that kid you'd ask for how to get a certain pokemon in the games.

I remember all the unnecessary useless things that shouldn't be noticed in the first place. :facepalm:

- train stations
    - if there's a dot/mark on a screen I'd remember the colour and position of it
    - some physics formulas
    - layout of shops including light fixtures and flooring
    - routes that I may have taken if I had walked it so I can make my way back easily
    - number plates of cars
    - position/colour of certain objects
    - names with faces

ReputationRep:
    I can remember birthdays really well, people will only have to mention them once and I will always know when it is
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    People's birthdays and routes that I have taken, but not routes that I have to take.

Things from games but I don't really play those anymore so have forgotten most things.

ReputationRep:
    university rankings

actually, make that most statistics and data

A lot of things to do with commercial aviation (flight numbers, airlines, etc)
    basic geography (capitals, cities, currency)
    music (as in playing music, I can still play pieces I learnt years ago with minimal practice)
    I can also easily remember names and faces...

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not part of my job.
    Is it something you practiced? How did you get this ability?

ReputationRep:
    The size and shape of guy's **** after I sleep with them.

And how much *** they dump in my pussy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Is it something you practiced? How did you get this ability?
    I think I developed it out of necessity. My mum and sister always turned to me to ask for phone numbers and things because I'm the most organised of us all and I just decided that memorising numbers would be much easier than having to look in my address book or phone every time someone wanted to know something. And then I found myself memorising all the numbers I needed to know, so now I can memorise something if I repeat it to myself a few times. And I find that once I have things memorised I can remember them for years after, which is handy when banks ask for previous details or something.

ReputationRep:
    I can still remember some unimportant conversations from about 4 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Numbers, lists, small details, it's actually rather creepy

(Original post by CreamyChocolate)
    The size and shape of guy's **** after I sleep with them.

And how much *** they dump in my pussy...
    but not quite as creepy as this :erm:

ReputationRep:
    License Plates ...

ReputationRep:
    I think I developed it out of necessity. My mum and sister always turned to me to ask for phone numbers and things because I'm the most organised of us all and I just decided that memorising numbers would be much easier than having to look in my address book or phone every time someone wanted to know something. And then I found myself memorising all the numbers I needed to know, so now I can memorise something if I repeat it to myself a few times. And I find that once I have things memorised I can remember them for years after, which is handy when banks ask for previous details or something.

That's amazing I was thinking about it earlier and I thought you were joking that everyone can remember their own phone number and bank card number. But I see now you're serious and you have a hidden talent. Are you good at maths?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.