Turn on thread page Beta

Best friend - should we go further? watch

My very best friend of like 4-5 years is also really attractive. I think I might like her, but I wouldn't want to make the relationship between us awkward by asking? I get signals from her that she doesn't like me in that way, so what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My very best friend of like 4-5 years is also really attractive. I think I might like her, but I wouldn't want to make the relationship between us awkward by asking? I get signals from her that she doesn't like me in that way, so what should I do?
    If you're getting signals she's not into you, I wouldn't do anything

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, life's too short. Even if she's not into you, she'll probably be fine remaining friends with you if you are 'true friends'.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Pay attention to the signals or talk to her, which will let you find out, but also risks rejection and spoiling the friendhship.

What are the signals?

ReputationRep:
    trust me dont go there. that happened with me and my best friend who i'd known for 6/7 years. there's no guarantee that your relationship will work even if she does like you back and it will spoil your friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Friendship is the most pointless thing ever, unless it's making contacts for your professional life.

Go for it and if she knocks you back, at least it's one less waste of your time in your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salati)
    Friendship is the most pointless thing ever, unless it's making contacts for your professional life.

Go for it and if she knocks you back, at least it's one less waste of your time in your life.
    You must be a very boring person

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Huh?

If she's "given you signals that she doesn't like you that way" then what are you asking exactly? By all means I would say to ask her out if it seems like the interest is mutual, but from your own words that's clearly not the case here so there's nothing for you to do but get over your strange oneitis and date other girls. Unless you're only interested in her because you have trouble pulling other girls and she's the only female that gives you attention?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)
    You must be a very boring person

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It has nothing to do with being boring.

Money + sex > friendship

You can love your family and you can love your partner, but your friends are just people you hang around with and most of them need to learn some ****ing boundaries

whorace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    trust me dont go there. that happened with me and my best friend who i'd known for 6/7 years. there's no guarantee that your relationship will work even if she does like you back and it will spoil your friendship.
    On the counter though there are those who get into relationhips ith thier friends and end up marrying them and being very happy indeed,

Granted its not a guarantee but there are no guarantees in life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    On the counter though there are those who get into relationhips ith thier friends and end up marrying them and being very happy indeed,

Granted its not a guarantee but there are no guarantees in life
    yeah ik its about the risk though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2016
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.