Turn on thread page Beta

Accidentally insulted a girl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so this came out totally the wrong way and I immediately apologized but didn't talk for a while.

Me, her and two of our friends were sitting around a table, one of our friends was playing with scissors and I told him that only children did that and this girl pretended to throw them at me, which after I jokingly threatened to pick her up and throw her in the bin. Anyway our friend told me that I couldn't pick her up and I said I've picked up slimmer girls than her and she awkwardly stared at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolisbelieveing)
    Ok so this came out totally the wrong way and I immediately apologized but didn't talk for a while.

Me, her and two of our friends were sitting around a table, one of our friends was playing with scissors and I told him that only children did that and this girl pretended to throw them at me, which after I jokingly threatened to pick her up and throw her in the bin. Anyway our friend told me that I couldn't pick her up and I said I've picked up slimmer girls than her and she awkwardly stared at me.
    "You've picked up slimmer girls than her" - what did you mean by that exactly?

Did you mean to say you've picked up heavier girls than her?

Tbh, from what you've told us, her response was probably awkward because what you said is confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gucci Mane.)
    "You've picked up slimmer girls than her" - what did you mean by that exactly?

Did you mean to say you've picked up heavier girls than her?

Tbh, from what you've told us, her response was probably awkward because what you said is confusing.
    I thought he was trying to call her fat by saying that.

ReputationRep:
    She would only be insulted if it was true, in which case you have nothing to feel bad about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    She would only be insulted if it was true, in which case you have nothing to feel bad about.
    that he picked up slimmer girls than her?

idk why she'd be insulted lmaooo :lol: it wasn't an insult it was just an... "oh..okay?" statement to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    that he picked up slimmer girls than her?

idk why she'd be insulted lmaooo :lol: it wasn't an insult it was just an... "oh..okay?" statement to me
    Some girls are like that though. A girl sat on my leg once and accused me of calling her fat when I said ouch. I don't really know what she wanted out of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Some girls are like that though. A girl sat on my leg once and accused me of calling her fat when I said ouch. I don't really know what she wanted out of me.
    ¬_¬ girls these days mannn
    too sensitive :lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.