Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

King's College I-Soc chairman convicted of terror plot watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6948646.html

Two British university students have been convicted of a jihadist-inspired plot to carry out a series of drive-by shootings targeting police or soldiers on the streets of London.

Tarik Hassane, 22, who had been studying medicine in Sudan, used encrypted messages to his schoolfriend Suhaib Majeed, 21, over four months in 2014 to develop the conspiracy which involved the use of an untraceable moped to target victims.

Majeed, a physics undergraduate who was also chairman of the Islamic Society at King’s College London, had acquired a handgun, ammunition and a silencer on the orders of Hassane before police swooped to arrest him in September 2014.

ReputationRep:
    Are you following the CEMB twitter feed, by any chance? I noticed a lot of your recent topics and posts coincided with theirs. :yy:

Anyway, yes, this is not a shock. London Uni I-Socs have been known for a while to harbour various extreme views and inviting dodgy "scholars" to cement them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrippatropes)

Anyway, yes, this is not a shock. London Uni I-Socs have been known for a while to harbour various extreme views and inviting dodgy "scholars" to cement them.
    True. It's not just Goldsmiths...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    will Mr Majeed have to pay back his student loan ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if this counts as an infringement on KCL's 'Safe Space' policy? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    The entire I-soc needs to be handled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacesso)
    Poor guys must have been radicalised.
    I hope they get the support they need. Via a noose.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Death to tolerance.

ReputationRep:
    Good. What do they expect that would achieve anyway? The world isn't converting to Islam in the wake of the Brussels attacks, is it?

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute idiot. I hope he gets sent away for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    It always makes me chuckle how leftist fools claim the problem is poverty or a lack of opportunities.

These were clearly intelligent well educated guys plotting these attacks, that's more scary.

ReputationRep:
    He was never Muslim and most likely an informant to give Islam a bad name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    It always makes me chuckle how leftist fools claim the problem is poverty or a lack of opportunities.

These were clearly intelligent well educated guys plotting these attacks, that's more scary.

Remember when politicians tried to blame Global warming for Islamic terrorism?

I think it was John Kerry or Henry Kissenger, can't 100% remember.

LOOOOOOOL.

Global warming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    He was never Muslim and most likely an informant to give Islam a bad name
    Yeah, I totally agree. How could the head of King's College London's Islamic-Society possibly be a Muslim?

This was clearly some sort of Mossad conspiracy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    Remember when politicians tried to blame Global warming for Islamic terrorism?

I think it was John Kerry or Henry Kissenger, can't 100% remember.

LOOOOOOOL.

Global warming.
    Better theory than all the Christians who deny global warming cuz Jesus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Better theory than all the Christians who deny global warming cuz Jesus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Global warming is a myth even NASA accept.

Get with the times G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    Global warming is a myth even NASA accept.

Get with the times G
    Yeah ... apparently NASA also accepts the earth is egg-shaped, in line with the Quran...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Yeah ... apparently NASA also accepts the earth is egg-shaped, in line with the Quran...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't tell me that you're one of those flat-headed flat earth theorists?

And LOL, the Qur'an actually calls the Earth Flat,

Qur'an 15:19 والارض مددناها والقينا فيها رواسي وانبتنا فيها من كل شئ موزون

Waal-arda madadnahawaalqayna feeha rawasiya waanbatnafeeha min kulli shay-in mawzoonin

And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance.

مَدَدْ = madad = protract , reach , elongate , extend , draw out , lengthen, stretch out , spread out , sprawl , dilate , reach , range , unwind , outstretch , pervade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    Don't tell me that you're one of those flat-headed flat earth theorists?

And LOL, the Qur'an actually calls the Earth Flat,

Qur'an 15:19 والارض مددناها والقينا فيها رواسي وانبتنا فيها من كل شئ موزون

Waal-arda madadnahawaalqayna feeha rawasiya waanbatnafeeha min kulli shay-in mawzoonin

And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance.

مَدَدْ = madad = protract , reach , elongate , extend , draw out , lengthen, stretch out , spread out , sprawl , dilate , reach , range , unwind , outstretch , pervade.
    What are you trying to prove to me here? When did I ever say I'm a flat earth theorist...?

You clearly missed the point I was trying to make about "NASA says it"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Britain is Brussels.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.