Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    How many of you are only starting revision now? If you are, how much do you plan to get covered? How many hours do you plan to revise each day?

Thanks in advance

Well GCSE's aren't really meant assert an "hardcore revision" period for you, but you should do as much and early revision as possible to attain the top grades. Im focusing more on English Lit, Lang and Geography (content heavy subjects) and I hope to do 6 hours a day. Then ill go straight to sciences and maths. Core subjects first!

ReputationRep:
    I have my AS exams(year 12) exams right around the corner and have done hardly any revision so far. I hope to get quite a lot done over Easter break.
    This may be helpful :
    DO : Create a list of goals that you wish to achieve by the end of the Easter holidays
    DO : Complete a past paper, pick out areas where you can improve and create a flash card for it. Few days later complete a question on this area again and see if you understand it now. Seeing this improvement can often motivate people.
    DO : Think about the reward ! Imagine exceeding all your target grades and getting onto your next course (sixth form, uni, apprenticeship etc)

DO NOT : Read, highlight and copy out pages and pages from a textbook, this is passive revision and you will not remember it
    DO NOT : Sit there all Easter thinking about your exams (easier said than done, i know) as this will only worry you. Actually get started which is the hardest part about any revision.

Remember, despite you having exams just weeks after you go back, take a break and give your mind a rest.
    Hope this helps,
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Well GCSE's aren't really meant assert an "hardcore revision" period for you, but you should do as much and early revision as possible to attain the top grades. Im focusing more on English Lit, Lang and Geography (content heavy subjects) and I hope to do 6 hours a day. Then ill go straight to sciences and maths. Core subjects first!
    Thanks for this response, I am also starting with English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    I have my AS exams(year 12) exams right around the corner and have done hardly any revision so far. I hope to get quite a lot done over Easter break.
    This may be helpful :
    DO : Create a list of goals that you wish to achieve by the end of the Easter holidays
    DO : Complete a past paper, pick out areas where you can improve and create a flash card for it. Few days later complete a question on this area again and see if you understand it now. Seeing this improvement can often motivate people.
    DO : Think about the reward ! Imagine exceeding all your target grades and getting onto your next course (sixth form, uni, apprenticeship etc)

DO NOT : Read, highlight and copy out pages and pages from a textbook, this is passive revision and you will not remember it
    DO NOT : Sit there all Easter thinking about your exams (easier said than done, i know) as this will only worry you. Actually get started which is the hardest part about any revision.

Remember, despite you having exams just weeks after you go back, take a break and give your mind a rest.
    Hope this helps,
    Lee
    Thanks so much for this! I agree with everything here- this is really useful.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    This may be helpful :

Hope this helps,
    Lee
    Excellent advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.