Is it harder for international students to get into uni? Watch

hksg
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I rang up student finance yesterday and despite having a British passport since I was born in not eligible for home student fees as I haven't been living here for the past 5 years, this used to be 3 but coincidentally as of today they're changing the rule to 5. Does anyone know of unis have limited places for international applicants? I'm thinking about biological sciences at Oxford and was wondering if Oxford has an even more limited number of spaces for international applicants (((although I'm studying in the UK which is ridiculous)))
lee1999wright
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most universities will have limited places for international applicants. However, this should not put you at a disadvantage due to less 'international students' applying. The top 10 universities may even be more willing to accept a larger number of international students if they are achieving the highest grades possible, as they want the brightest to study with them.
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/gradu...ional-students
Hope this helps,
Lee
hksg
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks, but I thought there would be a lot of international applicants applying as the UK is one of the most popular places to go for uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No (215)
73.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed