Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I applied to study Computer Science at 5 universities in the UK this year ( I am an EU applicant). I received offers from Glasgow, Strathclyde, Southampton and Newcastle and I have a hard time deciding which two universities to choose. I am considering Glasgow and Southampton for my first choice.

The University of Glasgow is in the top 1% of the world's universities. It is located in the centre of Glasgow which is great. I find the programme structure interesting and I like that I can choose to study other subjects in years 1 and 2.

The University of Southampton is also a good place to study. It is ranked 7th in Computer Science and Information Systems (Guardian University Guide 2016). The living costs in Southampton will be more affordable but the city is smaller and less attractive.

Please give me some advice that will help me with my decision. I would be happy if I could talk to someone who studies at these university and can give me first-hand information.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by leyladeyla)
    Hello everyone!

I applied to study Computer Science at 5 universities in the UK this year ( I am an EU applicant). I received offers from Glasgow, Strathclyde, Southampton and Newcastle and I have a hard time deciding which two universities to choose. I am considering Glasgow and Southampton for my first choice.

The University of Glasgow is in the top 1% of the world's universities. It is located in the centre of Glasgow which is great. I find the programme structure interesting and I like that I can choose to study other subjects in years 1 and 2.

The University of Southampton is also a good place to study. It is ranked 7th in Computer Science and Information Systems (Guardian University Guide 2016). The living costs in Southampton will be more affordable but the city is smaller and less attractive.

Please give me some advice that will help me with my decision. I would be happy if I could talk to someone who studies at these university and can give me first-hand information.
    Hi Leyla,

I'm very happy to hear that you are considering studying at the University of Glasgow. We run a service called Ask a Student here whereby you can get in touch with our current students to ask them questions.

Here is the link: http://www.gla.ac.uk/studentlife/askastudent/

If you fill out the form online you will be matched with a student who is studying Computing Science.

Hope this helps

Hamish

University of Glasgow Staff

University open days

1. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.