Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm thinking of applying to LSE for geography which has entry requirements of AAA at Alevel. I do think I'm capable of achieving this, however i did hear that LSE is very competitive when it comes to GCSE requirements, where I only achieved AAAAAAAAC grades. i have heard that LSE often turns down applicants with 6A* grades, although I'm unsure if this is just for the more completive courses such as economics etc.. thank you for taking your time to read this
    - Im also only doing 3 AS levels as this is what our school recommends to us. Would this also be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    Impossible i'm afraid. That C grade is going to haunt you for the rest of your life. Top universities will scoff at it and employers will rip your resume into shreds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confusedschubert)
    Impossible i'm afraid. That C grade is going to haunt you for the rest of your life. Top universities will scoff at it and employers will rip your resume into shreds.
    Oh okay. Do you think i should repeat it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clara488)
    Oh okay. Do you think i should repeat it?
    He's joking (I hope) one or two Cs wont matter and employers most certainly wont care, unless it's on Maths or English, just pick respected A levels and try to get As and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbvgehsnw)
    He's joking (I hope) one or two Cs wont matter and employers most certainly wont care, unless it's on Maths or English, just pick respected A levels and try to get As and you'll be fine
    Okay thank you. Its just that I know LSE is very competitive n=but wasn't sure 'how' competitive if you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is faaaar more competitive for courses like economics or law.
    Geography isn't a very popular course and honestly your gcse results aren't bad at all so it shouldn't be an issue, no need to resist them. Ace your A levels, they're far more important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    LSE is faaaar more competitive for courses like economics or law.
    Geography isn't a very popular course and honestly your gcse results aren't bad at all so it shouldn't be an issue, no need to resist them. Ace your A levels, they're far more important
    Okay thank you. Panic over lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I know this topic is old but I was thinking about applying but my gcse are far worse then the person above ...
    I got A*A,3B's and 3C's

At AS level I got 3A's (Religious studies, geography and business studies) and a B in History

What are my chances be honest

ReputationRep:
    Your A levels>GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    Your A levels>GCSEs
    Was that directed at me ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallousCleric)
    Was that directed at me ?
    I meant A levels are far more important than GCSEs.

For example with bad GCSEs if you got AAA+ at a level and reapplied unis would only look at your a levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    I meant A levels are far more important than GCSEs.

For example with bad GCSEs if you got AAA+ at a level and reapplied unis would only look at your a levels.
    I understand that A levels are fare Moreno important but will my GCSE hold me back in any with LSE ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.