Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=yasminkattan;63652197]
    (Original post by Zinan)

Love how you just completely take these verses out of context and have absolutely no clue of the history and explanation behind it.

Also, you've misquoted the Hadith and haven't even included all of it, and clearly don't understand what 'terror' is referring to.
    Read my other quotes and realise that I do infact know of the history behind the verses and I didn't misquote the Hadith.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Zinan;63652241]
    (Original post by yasminkattan)

Read my other quotes and realise that I do infact know of the history behind the verses and I didn't misquote the Hadith.
    You didn't mention anything history-related in regards to those verses. Yes you later included the full Hadith, but still don't seem to understand it.

You're also accusing Muslims here of being apologists and getting their evidence from "apologist scholars", whilst you're posting a bunch of Youtube videos that apparently prove these "apologists" wrong. Totally biased and unreliable. But I guess it's not surprising given that these are usually the types of arguments non-Muslims come up with when trying to make Islam look bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mygcserevision)
    I'm not trying to be rude, but why are you so obsessed with islam if youre not even muslim. I mean, it looks like you've done your research but you don't see muslims spending that much time trying to disprove any other religion. Cant you see if the whole world has turned against one religion know that religion is truth.
    dont be ridiculous - where can you see that theory has ever been shown valid
    (Original post by mygcserevision)
    and why you so against our prophet (pbuh)? Leave him alone he never done anything to you. He's got billions of people who love him so its not like what you say actually matters. It seems like youre fighting an inner battle with yourself. Leave islam to the muslims and you get with your own religion and life.
    Wasn't meant to be rude by the way so don't take offense.
    to be fair to him, there has been plenty of claim here that islam is the only true faith and that it can only preach perfection and peace - these are big claims to make, so dont you expect they will be tested. it seems to me if you are genuineally comfortable in your own beleifs you dont have to try and promote them to all and sundry (as mohammed
    tells you to do)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinan)
    I said FINAL CHAPTHER REVEALED.

Not final chapter in the Qur'an.

Read the Surah and you'll find out how "peaceful" Islam really is when they're in a majority.

But if you don't like reading, watch this insightful video into the history of the quran instead.

(Original post by Zinan)
    Read the final surah and learn something.
    You still sure you said that???

Considering you're a Christian:

1. Anyone who shows contempt for the judge or for the priest who stands ministering there to the LORD your God is to be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel - Deuteronomy 17:12

2. Now go, attack the Amalekites and utterly destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys - 1 Samuel 15:3

3. The sons of Judah also captured 10,000 alive and brought them to the top of the cliff and threw them down from the top of the cliff, so that they were all dashed to pieces - 2 Chronicles 25:12

With all due respect, can you explain these? ^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    dont be ridiculous - where can you see that theory has ever been shown valid
    to be fair to him, there has been plenty of claim here that islam is the only true faith and that it can only preach perfection and peace - these are big claims to make, so dont you expect they will be tested. it seems to me if you are genuineally comfortable in your own beleifs you dont have to try and promote them to all and sundry (as mohammed
    tells you to do)
    Yeah I don't mind criticism of Islam. I do mind however, Muslim bigotry/discrimination/rash generalization.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Yeah I don't mind criticism of Islam. I do mind however, Muslim bigotry/discrimination/rash generalization.
    agreed dude

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh shame Zinan got banned. Wanted to see his response to my post.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh shame Zinan got banned. Wanted to see his response to my post.
    Aww what? We were having a very good discussion about his/her climate change denial

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Aww what? We were having a very good discussion about his/her climate change denial

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nevermind LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinann)
    Nevermind LOL.
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You still sure you said that???

Considering you're a Christian:

1. Anyone who shows contempt for the judge or for the priest who stands ministering there to the LORD your God is to be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel - Deuteronomy 17:12

2. Now go, attack the Amalekites and utterly destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys - 1 Samuel 15:3

3. The sons of Judah also captured 10,000 alive and brought them to the top of the cliff and threw them down from the top of the cliff, so that they were all dashed to pieces - 2 Chronicles 25:12

With all due respect, can you explain these? ^^^
    1. A simple commandment to the children of Israel in the 1st century that was ended along with various other laws during the time of Moses because of the new covenant Jesus made with them in the new testament. Read Hebrews 8 - 1 - 13

2. The amalekites were known enemies of God. They waged wars against the people of Israel and won many wars the God even allowed to happen due to the petulant nature of israelites at the time, eventually the Israelites won the final battle.
    Nothing here promotes war. It calls for self defence against a satanic army.

3 A mere narration of an event. Has nothing connected to Jesus or God the father.

ReputationRep:
    Terrorism goes against Islam.
    Therefore, terrorists are not Muslims.
    So the real question is could you do more to stop terrorists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lo24la)
    Terrorism goes against Islam.
    Therefore, terrorists are not Muslims.
    So the real question is could you do more to stop terrorists?

I'mma let you finish but.

The religion of peace just struck again killing at-least 29 peole in a suicide bomb explosion in Iraq at a football stadium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zinann)
    I'mma let you finish but.

The religion of peace just struck again killing at-least 29 peole in a suicide bomb explosion in Iraq at a football stadium.
    'peole'?
    I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    'peole'?
    I rest my case.

Your original "case" wasn't even a tangible one.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  34.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    What the hell are you going on about? Terrorism has 0 to do with Muslims and Islam. Why should the responsibility fall on one sect of society. In fact it's right wing parties who are creating terrorism
    several Muslims on this thread do acknowledge that the terrorists are Muslims, and constitute a problem for Muslim communities, even if they don't represent Islam

you, however seem to insist in your absurd denial. And this denial that there is a problem is part of the problem itself.

ReputationRep:
    terrorists are not Muslims.
    who decides who is a Muslim and who isn't ? you ? al-azhar University ? some sheyk ? an ayatollah ? a group of people on TSR forum ?

In the end, being a Muslim or not being a Muslim is just a labeling problem. The problem is that the texts which inspire the terrorists are the classical Islamic texts (Quran and ahadith), just interpreted in a literal, rather extreme fashion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    who decides who is a Muslim and who isn't ? you ? al-azhar University ? some sheyk ? an ayatollah ? a group of people on TSR forum ?
    If you're going against the Qur'an and murdering people senselessly, you will not be considered a Muslim in my eyes. Islam is about peace, not murder.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.