Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as though you get the opportunity to take 3 different courses in your first year. I've applied for the Computer Science course, and I'd quite like to take Maths as well, but I'm wondering how different my third course can be from these first two. Would I likely be limited to another sciency subject, or would I be able to take a humanity like Politics or something along those lines, which is completely unrelated? Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there!

For most Glasgow degrees you can study up to 3 subjects in your first two years, and usually this is pretty flexible (for example, as a maths student you can still study philosophy etc.) - I think MA degrees are the most flexible. For computing science it looks like you can pick at least some options from college of social sciences etc, and it seems like computing science can be combined with politics as well. But as far as I remember, as a BSc-student at least two of your subjects should be sciences-courses (at least my BSc Psychology student friends had to pick at least one science-subject in addition to psychology) - I think with the third one it is more flexible. Also remember that there might sometimes be some overlap timetable-wise in which case you might not always be able to pick the third subject you would want to. I recommend emailing [email protected] in case there is a specific subject you would like to pick as your third one and would like to know whether that is possible! You can find some more information here as well: http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/c...ences/science/

Essi
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Social and Political Sciences

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.