Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any mature students on here who have gone back to study A-levels?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schadenfreude65)
    A level practicals are offered by 3A Tutors in Bristol. I took my son there a few years ago for some of his GCSEs, and can definitely recommend them.
    http://www.3atutors.co.uk/
    Yeah I think 3A Tutors were one of the very few places that offer the practical assessments. The thing is, not only were they too far for me to travel to, but they didn't offer the practicals for my chosen exam board (Edexcel). They suggested that I change to AQA but at the time it seemed like too much of a risky move considering the content between the two boards vary a fair bit and I had already learnt all of AS and most of A2

Thanks anyway! Really appreciate the fact that someone has acknowledged the difficult position I'm in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Just want to build a community of mature students who are studying A-levels. Anyone?

State your age, what you were doing previously, and what A-levels you are studying
    Yeah, 2 years ago when i was 21 I started a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. Finishing it now, my predicted grades are D*D*D but I'm hoping that I will get D*D*D*

So all in all, went well. Had no problems with adjusting back to college life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain53)
    Yeah, 2 years ago when i was 21 I started a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. Finishing it now, my predicted grades are D*D*D but I'm hoping that I will get D*D*D*

So all in all, went well. Had no problems with adjusting back to college life.
    That's fantastic! Are you thinking of going to University after your BTEC?

Also have a look at this thread, there are plenty of other mature students there too!
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=146578

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    That's fantastic! Are you thinking of going to University after your BTEC?

Also have a look at this thread, there are plenty of other mature students there too!
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=146578
    Thanks and thanks for the other thread, will defo look at that

Yes I have a conditional offer by Liverpool, university of Liverpool. If I go to uni, I'm hoping I go there. But I'm also retaking my english language gcse. I'm praying for a C in that. If I don't get that, I can't go to Liverpool.

What I'm hoping for mostly is that I will be eligible to join the army. My medical history's a bit :/ and I was rejected for it like 2 years ago. Don't know if I have any chance of getting in now. If I can, I want that more than uni.

ReputationRep:
    Got my results for my Access course now 82% overall, so I should be going to Nottingham in September!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PtGF)
    Got my results for my Access course now 82% overall, so I should be going to Nottingham in September!
    CONGRATULATIONS! :yay:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PtGF)
    Are you going to University of Nottingham or Nott Trent? I'm going to Nott Trent if i get the grade!! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah.Hunter96)
    Are you going to University of Nottingham or Nott Trent? I'm going to Nott Trent if i get the grade!! )
    Uni of Nottingham For the design and manufacture BEng, what are you hoping to do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.