Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU national but been living in the UK for the past 7 years. I have proof of this in the forms of school/college attendance/enrollment letters. However, when i click on evidence for settled status on the student finance website, they give me options to choose from either original passport or original home office documents. Will school/college attendance letters be fine?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Terminator01)
    I am an EU national but been living in the UK for the past 7 years. I have proof of this in the forms of school/college attendance/enrollment letters. However, when i click on evidence for settled status on the student finance website, they give me options to choose from either original passport or original home office documents. Will school/college attendance letters be fine?
    Do you have rent/council tax evidence for your parents?

School records aren't sufficient alone because your residency needs to be "not solely for education ". So while it proves you were in the uk it doesn't prove that you would have been in the uk if you weren't in uk education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Do you have rent/council tax evidence for your parents?

School records aren't sufficient alone because your residency needs to be "not solely for education ". So while it proves you were in the uk it doesn't prove that you would have been in the uk if you weren't in uk education.
    They say i can provide my original passport. If i sent them my passport will i get it back? how does that prove my settled status? i only have a EU passport.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    They say i can provide my original passport. If i sent them my passport will i get it back? how does that prove my settled status? i only have a EU passport.
    Call them up and ask what evidence they need. Explain that your passport doesn't contain any stamps relating to your time living in the uk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Call them up and ask what evidence they need. Explain that your passport doesn't contain any stamps relating to your time living in the uk.
    OK, i DO have rent/council tax evidence just in case.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    OK, i DO have rent/council tax evidence just in case.
    If you've got evidence then you just need to work through the system in the way they expect. Sending what they expect at each stage so they move on to the next stage.

Phone them up and explain the situation and ask them to explain what they need and when you need to send it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.