The Student Room Group

When are your exams & have you started revision?

My exams are in throughout May, and I plan to start revising this weekend. I have 24 weeks of uni to revise so I'll probably do 6-8 hours a day during Easter and on weekends and around 2 on weekdays when I have uni :smile:

How about you guys?
My exams are on the 24th april, 29th of april (happy birthday me), 6th of may and the 9th of may.
I've not had much of a chance to revise yet as I have coursework due in on the 5th of april + a 3 hour assessment, it's been a struggle even figuring out how to tackle that to be honest.

I'm at the point mentally where I don't even know where to begin, completely overwhelmed with exams and have lost all motivation.
First exam is on the 18th of May and i've not started any revision yet :afraid:
My exams start in exactly a month and i am really dreading them ! I have started revising so it is just a matter of going of past papers and making sure I know everything !
Original post by lisa96
First exam is on the 18th of May and i've not started any revision yet :afraid:

mine start on the 10th and i havent.... i dont know how to revise anymore
My one and only exam is on 27th of April and I have done no revision as of yet as I have a lot of other work to complete before I can even think about revising. It's 25% of one module thats worth 30 marks, so I'm hoping if all my other work is excellent it shouldn't matter so much being first year and that.
First exam is on the 17th of May (i'm already really stressed as is), and i'm actually doing some revision for it. My plan involves (like OPs') going ham during easter then calming down somewhat during term time.

so.. it's all good :P
My timetable hasn't been made available yet but the exam period lasts from May 20th-June 10th, so either way I will finish before I did during a levels. I would rather have them in May tbh so I can get them out of the way and start my summer
7 final exams and then I graduate... Hopefully haha! First exam on 4th of May. Have to try to juggle revision and my part-time work... Going better than last year though, even though I have 3 more exams. Maybe it's because most of my modules now are more specific and more enjoyable?

I try to revise pretty much all day when I'm not at work until like 6-7 pm... But I swap between different modules every 1.5-2 hours - otherwise I get bored!
Reply 9
Original post by lastlullabyy
7 final exams and then I graduate... Hopefully haha! First exam on 4th of May. Have to try to juggle revision and my part-time work... Going better than last year though, even though I have 3 more exams. Maybe it's because most of my modules now are more specific and more enjoyable?

I try to revise pretty much all day when I'm not at work until like 6-7 pm... But I swap between different modules every 1.5-2 hours - otherwise I get bored!

I have 7 exams too. How are you breaking down the revision for each module? For instance, I have 24 lectures to cover for 7 modules and I try to do 2-3 lectures a day for 3-4 modules.

May seem like less but that means I spend an hour going over the lecture and then another hour practicing questions. :smile:
Original post by Blyts-_
I have 7 exams too. How are you breaking down the revision for each module? For instance, I have 24 lectures to cover for 7 modules and I try to do 2-3 lectures a day for 3-4 modules.

May seem like less but that means I spend an hour going over the lecture and then another hour practicing questions. :smile:

Do you have 24 lectures per one module or 24 lectures altogether? I have 10 lectures per module (12 in one) so 72 altogether... I'm doing 3-4 modules and usually 2 lectures per day... For many modules I got to 6th lecture so hopefully sometime next week will finish all and then can go through them again, refresh extra reading, look at past papers etc and focus on more difficult concepts... That's the plan anyway :smile: what are you studying?
Literally made like a plan today of what stuff I need to revise and so on.

My exams are in the first and second weeks of May but also have practical exam and courseworks throughout April.

But yeah I havent started but seriously trying to motivate myself to start tomorrow (atleast a little bit of revision to kick start me).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 7 exams spanning from 9th May to the 1st June. I've been trying to start revision but I just don't have the motivation or drive to yet. It doesn't help that last minute cramming paid off for me last year as well as last week. It's funny because at a-level I would have been revising since February and by now I would be pretty much ready to sit the exams. I think the reason I'm struggling to motivate myself is because I've had a really busy and hectic spring term with lots of assignments, tests and exams as well as my driving test. I just want a break.
Original post by LeaX
I have 7 exams spanning from 9th May to the 1st June. I've been trying to start revision but I just don't have the motivation or drive to yet. It doesn't help that last minute cramming paid off for me last year as well as last week. It's funny because at a-level I would have been revising since February and by now I would be pretty much ready to sit the exams. I think the reason I'm struggling to motivate myself is because I've had a really busy and hectic spring term with lots of assignments, tests and exams as well as my driving test. I just want a break.

i know how you feel
3 exams:
31st may
1st June
2nd June
No revision as of yet. Planning to start next week once I've prepared the topics on going to revise.

Quick Reply

Latest