Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I failed my first year of university, I chose to study Media and towards the end of the year I became very ill (depression and anxiety) I suffered with this all summer (2015) and finally went to the doctor in September. I found out I failed my first year - I was extremely ill at the time so I wouldn't have gone back regardless and wanted to take a year out to get better and choose a different course and university that's right for me.

    I've been working since and want to re apply through clearing this year as I was in no fit state to apply earlier.
    Would I need to re do my whole UCAS or could I use my previous one I did at college? Where would be best to get my references from? I'm pretty clueless on all of this as I've been out of education for about 6 months.
    Help would be appreciated, thankyouu!

    You would have to go through ucas again even if you just wanted to apply through clearing, you would also have to go back to college and ask them for a reference. Good luck
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 25, 2016
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.